2024 CFL Combine

Started by Pigskin, December 21, 2023, 04:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

The 2024 CFL Combine will be held in Winnipeg from March 19-24. It looks like it will probably be held at the Soccer facility next to IG field. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

That's kind of neat.  Is any of it open to the public?
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 21, 2023, 04:54:16 AM

Not sure. More details will be released in the new year.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Stretch

Are there some guys you plan on watching like a hawk?  ;)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Sure hope so, they need to get the CFL Combine back to the showpiece it was for the league the last time it was held in Wpg. in 2018.  Holding it consecutively in Toronto and COVID completely killed the buzz of the event.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stretch on December 21, 2023, 12:10:20 PM
Are there some guys you plan on watching like a hawk;)

Haha, well played.  8)  But no, I know nothing at all about U sports players and who is someone to watch etc.  I'm just more curious if it's something I can take my kid to for an off-season football fix.  Once I'm there, then I can find someone to watch like a hawk!!

Speaking of combines and drafts, I can't believe Nick Hallett is already up for FA.  Has it really been that long?  I'm hoping we keep him.  I met some nice people at HAM GC who had Nick and Noah names/numbers on each jersey (with a slash between the numbers)!  I thought maybe parents or family, but I didn't ask.  NH21 brings some major fire and energy, even though the others say he's quiet.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 23, 2023, 01:37:36 AM
Haha, well played.  8)  But no, I know nothing at all about U sports players and who is someone to watch etc.  I'm just more curious if it's something I can take my kid to for an off-season football fix.  Once I'm there, then I can find someone to watch like a hawk!!

Speaking of combines and drafts, I can't believe Nick Hallett is already up for FA.  Has it really been that long?  I'm hoping we keep him.  I met some nice people at HAM GC who had Nick and Noah names/numbers on each jersey (with a slash between the numbers)!  I thought maybe parents or family, but I didn't ask.  NH21 brings some major fire and energy, even though the others say he's quiet.

I don't think O'Shea is going to let Hallett reach FA, him Cadwallader and Exume are his next generation of ST demons.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on December 23, 2023, 05:57:46 AM
I don't think O'Shea is going to let Hallett reach FA, him Cadwallader and Exume are his next generation of ST demons.
These demons can become a key core for any winning ball club