Bombers re-sign Redha Kramdi

Started by VictorRomano, December 19, 2023, 08:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Love it future star in the making and I bet a good price

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Take another one off the list. And, it's a 2 year deal.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

Probably our most underrated Canadian player and an important piece to offload some ratio to the defense.

Jockitch

really felt he improved as season progressed and cheering for an All-Star 2024
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers re-sign defensive back Redha Kramdi

WINNIPEG, MB., December 19, 2024 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a two-year extension with defensive back Redha Kramdi. He was scheduled to become a free agent in February.

Kramdi
(5-10, 194, Universite de Montreal; born: December 22, 1996, in Montreal, Que.) returns in 2024 for his 4th Canadian Football League season - all with the Blue Bombers.

Selected in the second round, 16th overall, of the 2021 CFL Draft, Kramdi has grown from a special-teams contributor in his rookie season into the club's starting 'dime' back. He appeared in 14 regular-season games in 2023, including 11 starts, and started in both the West Final and 110th Grey Cup. He finished the year with 22 defensive tackles, six more on special teams, while adding two quarterback sacks.

Kramdi has now dressed for 38 games with the Blue Bombers, including 12 starts.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Blue In BC

I was concerned we might lose him back east. Good signing.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Has gotten better and better every year. Expect big things from him next year!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

I'm still torn on the Kramdi experiment.  Clearly he's not as good as a Leggett.  But he is NAT, and is young and can get better.  I think he'd rank at the bottom-half of CFL SAMs though (all IMPs).  But he is a NAT.  There are some screwups he's done in 2023 that may have cost us dearly.  But he is a NAT.

Here's the thing: we may be setting up for an all-IMP DL.  If Fatboi retires then we could bring in a dominant FA IMP DT... maybe there's one at a decent middling price?  Then Lawson stays as NAT backup to the IMP or special sets where we take Kramdi out.

So I guess Darby is being let go then.  IMP SAMs seem to have a weird relationship with WFC...
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 21, 2023, 04:53:53 AM
I'm still torn on the Kramdi experiment.  Clearly he's not as good as a Leggett.  But he is NAT, and is young and can get better.  I think he'd rank at the bottom-half of CFL SAMs though (all IMPs).  But he is a NAT.  There are some screwups he's done in 2023 that may have cost us dearly.  But he is a NAT.

Here's the thing: we may be setting up for an all-IMP DL.  If Fatboi retires then we could bring in a dominant FA IMP DT... maybe there's one at a decent middling price?  Then Lawson stays as NAT backup to the IMP or special sets where we take Kramdi out.

So I guess Darby is being let go then.  IMP SAMs seem to have a weird relationship with WFC...

I think he still has upside in his favour. I never saw him making bad plays per se. What I'm waiting to see is making more of the bigger plays we see from SAM's across the CFL. The pics, knock downs or strips etc.

He's hasn't had a full season of starting under his belt and did seem to improve as the season progressed. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in 2024.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Great signing, was one of the ones I was worried about losing  He plays big, hits big, plays teams and has grown exponentially since coming here.  He has had some great mentoring, and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

And he's a Nat.

Last year, he was far more noticeable on the plays that he made than the plays he didn't, and that's a great thing.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

So because he just re-signed that means he was just coming off his year 2 with us?  I don't recall his name from 2022... but I assume he was playing ST for us, or was he just PR?  Did he ever get a live snap at SAM in '22?

I guess we'll never know what went down re: Darby vs Kramdi that made us switch to a NAT when we didn't need to.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.