Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg & Montreal - 110th Grey Cup

Started by ModAdmin, November 18, 2023, 03:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Quote from: Cool Spot on November 20, 2023, 01:46:07 AM
Very disappointed in this outcome. Again.

But, MTL executed in the second half, and especially on that last drive. Kudos to them for performing well under pressure.
Sums it up well.  They adjusted well.

J5V

Go Bombers!

kkc60

better playing team won. two turnovers in als territory did it. lose some aging guys, hope new guys can perform well.

Blue In BC

It's going to be a long off season.

Lots to complain about aside from losing but not much point in saying much. I'll leave it with we got out coached and out played. Didn't deserve the win and didn't make THE play when it mattered.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Cool Spot

I am a fan of the Wpg Blue Bombers, and have been for 3+ decades. I always want them to win. But, as a supporter of the CFL, it's also great to see a good game.

I guess.

::)

dd

The score flattered us, Montreal kicked our butts today, plain and simple. Our offense was nothing without Schoen. Where was our fabulous high priced Lawler today?? Austin Mack made him look like a chump, that?s what a real #1 reciever does, play great in the biggest game of the year.

dd

Quote from: VictorRomano on November 20, 2023, 01:46:37 AM
Totally earned the L on this night.  D totally **** the bed, especially the DBs.  Sadly, our front 7 didn't deliver, either.

Dynasty is over.  Time to start retooling.  Gotta cut some of the old dogs loose.
Agree, our D let us down. We didn?t want to sign Lemon, the Als did. We didn?t want to sign sankey, who could have fit on our roster easily, Montreal did. Kudos to Montreal for recognizing and signing game changers, we didn?t and we get what we deserve, nothing.

The Zipp

Quote from: dd on November 20, 2023, 01:57:44 AM
Agree, our D let us down. We didn?t want to sign Lemon, the Als did. We didn?t want to sign sankey, who could have fit on our roster easily, Montreal did. Kudos to Montreal for recognizing and signing game changers, we didn?t and we get what we deserve, nothing.

Good point. 2nd and 18 and Willie and team can't stop fajardo.  3rd and 5 - we can't stop them. 

Tiger

It was the Bombers game to lose and they did.  That is enough for now because I state something stupid.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

bluengold204

Time to move on from collaros.  Guy doesn?t have it anymore

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on November 20, 2023, 02:01:12 AM
Good point. 2nd and 18 and Willie and team can't stop fajardo.  3rd and 5 - we can't stop them. 

Sankey is the best mlb in the cfl hands down. We chose to stick with an aging and slower, and then hurt MLB in the biggest game of the year. Walters absolutely whiffed on that one. We sign Sankey, we d be on the podium, but whatever, we re used to losing in the grey cup, it?s what the bombers do.

Blitzer

Quote from: 55StickCar on November 20, 2023, 01:43:10 AM
Just needed that stop on 3rd and 5 and it was over.

Yes. That was a real gamble by Montreal to throw a long pass on 3rd and 5 but when you have nothing to lose like they did, things like that can happen. They must have been as shocked as the Bombers. The game was too close.

Blitzer

Bombers were a step behind all game but they could have and should have won.

bluengold204