Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg & Montreal - 110th Grey Cup

Started by ModAdmin, November 18, 2023, 03:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Hey, hats off to Montreal. They lost geno Lewis and replaced with with this unknown Austin Mack kid, what an upgrade!! They took cast off Cody fajardo, who was left for dead by the atrocious rough riders for Pete sake. They signed Shaun Lemon when nobody else would, and signed Darnell Sankey when no one else would.

These guys were all unemployed at one point this year and are all grey cup champions. Hats off for those who persevere through life?s adversity?s and make it to the other side!! Good on you!!

kkc60

als are going to be a neat team to watch. A discarded or written off QB, some new receivers that stepped up, a star MLB and a good pass rush. Sounds like something we saw in 2019s Grey Cup?.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: kkc60 on November 20, 2023, 03:13:33 AM
als are going to be a neat team to watch. A discarded or written off QB, some new receivers that stepped up, a star MLB and a good pass rush. Sounds like something we saw in 2019s Grey Cup?.

Betcha the Als win 10-12 games next season and get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.  Midnight just passed for Cinderella.

Pigskin

Love AB4 but, he should have never played in that game. I don't think he made a play all night. You can also throw DS83 in with AB4. He wasn't running well and was no threat all night. When AB4 was on the field it was like we were playing with 11 players.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

ModAdmin

Game Recap | WPG 24 MTL 28

.....A third championship in four years was there for the taking right until the final whistle. The Blue Bombers were leading 24-21 inside the final minute when Grey Cup MVP Cody Fajardo hit Cole Spieker for a 31-yard gain - on third and five, no less - and then found Tyson Philpot for a championship-winning 19-yard score with just 13 seconds remaining....

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/19/game-recap-wpg-24-mtl-28/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on November 20, 2023, 02:49:25 AM
Hey, hats off to Montreal. They lost geno Lewis and replaced with with this unknown Austin Mack kid, what an upgrade!! They took cast off Cody fajardo, who was left for dead by the atrocious rough riders for Pete sake. They signed Shaun Lemon when nobody else would, and signed Darnell Sankey when no one else would.

These guys were all unemployed at one point this year and are all grey cup champions. Hats off for those who persevere through life?s adversity?s and make it to the other side!! Good on you!!
agreed....well said dd
Bomber fan for life

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 20, 2023, 04:10:07 AM
Game Recap | WPG 24 MTL 28

.....A third championship in four years was there for the taking right until the final whistle. The Blue Bombers were leading 24-21 inside the final minute when Grey Cup MVP Cody Fajardo hit Cole Spieker for a 31-yard gain - on third and five, no less - and then found Tyson Philpot for a championship-winning 19-yard score with just 13 seconds remaining....

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/19/game-recap-wpg-24-mtl-28/
another well said to you
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Just got back.  My young son who was with me @The Donut Box is pretty bummed.  My wife reports the toddler at home cried for 30 mins.  The wife is probably miffed she'll get an ornery husband back tomorrow.

First impression is in both losing cups we play too conservatively.  We play the odds and we play to our hype.  We think the other team can't do it and we dare them to.  And then they do.

Both Buck & Hall are to blame, but especially Buck.  And MOS, who probably calls the overall agressiveness.  Just like vs TOR we don't go for the win in the last drive.  We run for squat on first down when everyone knows it.  Then Zach plays extremely cautiously on 2nd and gets sacked.  Basically same as that knockdown last year.  It's your last drive, why not QB draw, which exactly no one would expect.

Brady was very good, but didn't help his NFL aspirations.

MTL literally throws 3 passes: short curl, hitch screen, deep shot.  Throw in just enough runs to keep D's honest.  Everyone knows their penchant for the screen, so why are we giving up 5 to 12 yards on every screen?  Dumb.  Not like we didn't know that.  And Cody and Calvillo have been focusing on the middle mid-pass all season.  We're shocked that's how they get the final TD?

Disappointed, but good close edge-of-seat game for all the non-WPG fans.  Weather was nice.  Stadium was nice.  View of the terrain was nice from our upper deck seats.  Flyby was great.  Green Day was good and a coup for the cup organizers.  Food was good.  Other fans were good.  My buddy, the Landon Rice friend, was very happy for Rice who now gets to be immortal on the cup.  Good for him, a nice MB guy who's been in the league quite a long time now.

Back to the puzzle pieces for next year.  Though really in the end all we might need is more aggressive O play calling.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 20, 2023, 04:26:55 AM
Just got back.  My young son who was with me @The Donut Box is pretty bummed.  My wife reports the toddler at home cried for 30 mins.  The wife is probably miffed she'll get an ornery husband back tomorrow.

First impression is in both losing cups we play too conservatively.  We play the odds and we play to our hype.  We think the other team can't do it and we dare them to.  And then they do.

Both Buck & Hall are to blame, but especially Buck.  And MOS, who probably calls the overall agressiveness.  Just like vs TOR we don't go for the win in the last drive.  We run for squat on first down when everyone knows it.  Then Zach plays extremely cautiously on 2nd and gets sacked.  Basically same as that knockdown last year.  It's your last drive, why not QB draw, which exactly no one would expect.

Brady was very good, but didn't help his NFL aspirations.

MTL literally throws 3 passes: short curl, hitch screen, deep shot.  Throw in just enough runs to keep D's honest.  Everyone knows their penchant for the screen, so why are we giving up 5 to 12 yards on every screen?  Dumb.  Not like we didn't know that.  And Cody and Calvillo have been focusing on the middle mid-pass all season.  We're shocked that's how they get the final TD?

Disappointed, but good close edge-of-seat game for all the non-WPG fans.  Weather was nice.  Stadium was nice.  View of the terrain was nice from our upper deck seats.  Flyby was great.  Green Day was good and a coup for the cup organizers.  Food was good.  Other fans were good.  My buddy, the Landon Rice friend, was very happy for Rice who now gets to be immortal on the cup.  Good for him, a nice MB guy who's been in the league quite a long time now.

Back to the puzzle pieces for next year.  Though really in the end all we might need is more aggressive O play calling.

Yup, pretty much agree with all of this.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

#174
Quote from: Pigskin on November 20, 2023, 04:01:19 AM
Love AB4 but, he should have never played in that game. I don't think he made a play all night. You can also throw DS83 in with AB4. He wasn't running well and was no threat all night. When AB4 was on the field it was like we were playing with 11 players.

Those decisions handicapped the team and lay solely on the shoulders of O'Shea, instead of fielding his strongest roster, he let his emotional attachment to certain players interfere with the game plan and they paid the price.  It's up to Walters and Miller to get him back on track and remind him football is a business and not to let emotional decisions overrule common sense.

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on November 20, 2023, 02:13:30 AM
Sankey is the best mlb in the cfl hands down. We chose to stick with an aging and slower, and then hurt MLB in the biggest game of the year. Walters absolutely whiffed on that one. We sign Sankey, we d be on the podium, but whatever, we re used to losing in the grey cup, it?s what the bombers do.

Sankey had 8 DT's and 1 sack. Lemon had 3 DT's and 1 sack. Not trying to sign them came back to haunt us.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: bluengold204 on November 20, 2023, 02:38:56 AM
Only 27 more years to go till the next cup win

We lost the Grey Cup in 1992, 1993, 2001, 2007, 2011, 2022 and 2023. Won in 2019 and 2021. Not the best winning record in the Grey Cup in that time frame. Makes losing more painful from a cumulative point of view.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bwiser

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 20, 2023, 04:10:07 AM
Game Recap | WPG 24 MTL 28

.....A third championship in four years was there for the taking right until the final whistle. The Blue Bombers were leading 24-21 inside the final minute when Grey Cup MVP Cody Fajardo hit Cole Spieker for a 31-yard gain - on third and five, no less - and then found Tyson Philpot for a championship-winning 19-yard score with just 13 seconds remaining....

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/19/game-recap-wpg-24-mtl-28/
A lot of people felt the Bombers were too old but in the end is was the young guys [Parker and Houston] that couldn't make a play with the game on the line.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bwiser on November 20, 2023, 12:58:57 PM
A lot of people felt the Bombers were too old but in the end is was the young guys [Parker and Houston] that couldn't make a play with the game on the line.
The DL line did not help much either. I am mortified.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

I didn't think they could've done worse than last year's GC109 letdown... But they found a way last night.

I'm pretty numb.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.