2024 CFL schedule

Started by blue_gold_84, November 14, 2023, 04:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

According to CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie, the CFL will go back to a balanced schedule where teams will play each other at least twice, home and home.

EDIT: tweet from Ted Wyman (https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fob6uxfrlkc0c1.png)

About time.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

bwiser

It seemed crazy that the Bombers and the Argos only met once this season and not until late in the year. That should have been the CFL kickoff like the NFL does.

Tiger

Waiting for next Grey Cup date.  The stars aligned and I could not go this year.  I?m going next year.  It?s been awhile since I was in Vancouver and want to go back and hang out at my old haunts bar 3rd and Burrard.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Tiger

Quote from: bwiser on November 14, 2023, 05:31:53 PM
It seemed crazy that the Bombers and the Argos only met once this season and not until late in the year. That should have been the CFL kickoff like the NFL does.

That was so dumb and lots of lost money.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Tiger on November 14, 2023, 05:34:21 PM
That was so dumb and lots of lost money.

A week 1 GC rematch is always a great way to kick off the season. No idea why the league got away from that format.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bwiser on November 14, 2023, 05:31:53 PM

The division-heavy format was an ok idea in theory, but it almost always skewed the true team standings because the E got the extra still-easier gimmee E teams, and us in the W, if we got unlucky, had the top-tier teams as our 3 or 4-game matchups.  I don't think SSK and EDM were very happy about having to play us and BC 3 or 4 times each, for instance.  There's too much luck involved because you can't really know before week 1 who will be good (i.e. CGY sucking this year).

And I'm pretty sure we never got to have a Lapo-led OTT play us @IGF (or was there one game with Darv early in '22)?  Nor did Argo AH33 ever play vs us in WPG?
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 15, 2023, 03:03:10 AM
And I'm pretty sure we never got to have a Lapo-led OTT play us @IGF (or was there one game with Darv early in '22)?  Nor did Argo AH33 ever play vs us in WPG?

The Bombers hosted the RedBlacks to kick off the 2022 season. The Bombers squeaked out a 19-17 victory.

In two seasons with the Argos, Harris has never suited up for a game at IGF. The Argos didn't come to town last season and Harris was injured this past season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Stretch

Quote from: Tiger on November 14, 2023, 05:33:50 PM
Waiting for next Grey Cup date.

I'd put my money on it being November 17th, 2024 (third Sunday in November).
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Sir Blue and Gold

Austerity measures are over. Yay.

Bluehawk

Should of happened last year already.
Just another one of many head scratchers coming out of the league headquarters.
So many missed marketing opportunities.

Hawk
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

peg_city

I heard a rumour that every Bomber game will be on a Tuesday night in order to make the cottage goers happy.

;D

Bluehawk

Quote from: peg_city on November 15, 2023, 04:23:45 PM
I heard a rumour that every Bomber game will be on a Tuesday night in order to make the cottage goers happy.

;D
Ya okay...
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

Blueforlife

Great crowds this year, pretty good balance on the days of the week for the games and it will go a long way to ensure we will see a nice profit.

Looking forward to the new schedule (teams).

I am special kind of cottage folks as I live there so it doesn't matter to me when the games are, got a 1.5 hour drive and won't miss a game.
Sometimes you need a fresh start