Khari Jones out as Redblacks OC

Started by VictorRomano, November 03, 2023, 02:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Something had to give.

I wonder what their plans are for next season.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 03, 2023, 02:23:01 PM
Something had to give.

I wonder what their plans are for next season.

Not sure if this is the right move but they probably did Jones a favour by letting him go.

It's their loss, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

I don?t tknow if the good lord himself could have made Ottawa competitive. Their talent and game planning sucks. Dyce will be let go at the end of the season, they need to pump up the talent pool there for anyone to be successful

GOLDMEMBER

How many more chances does Khari get? I am beginning to question if the guy is any good?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 03, 2023, 04:03:14 PM
Not all that surprised, Khari has coached on half the teams in the league but hasn't found much success anywhere.
Yup this^

TecnoGenius

OTT is in need of as much of a rebuild as SSK.  OTT desperately needs a new GM: whoever it was has done a horrific job, putting together one of the worst teams ever, on paper.  Masoli would have really helped, but the surrounding cast was very weak.  It's like they aren't even spending 1/2 the SMS... almost none of their players should earn more than ELC+$30k.

I don't think Kahari was the problem, and they might have done better with him as HC than OC.  Dyce doesn't have it, IMHO.  He's too affable & warm&fuzzy.  Same problem Craig had.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Khari is the scapegoat for sure. Him and Dyce have worked together for years prior, so Dyce knew exactly what he was getting when he hired him.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 04, 2023, 06:52:03 AM
OTT is in need of as much of a rebuild as SSK.  OTT desperately needs a new GM: whoever it was has done a horrific job, putting together one of the worst teams ever, on paper.  Masoli would have really helped, but the surrounding cast was very weak.  It's like they aren't even spending 1/2 the SMS... almost none of their players should earn more than ELC+$30k.

I don't think Kahari was the problem, and they might have done better with him as HC than OC.  Dyce doesn't have it, IMHO.  He's too affable & warm&fuzzy.  Same problem Craig had.

I don't think Dyce is warm & fuzzy at all, watch some of the RedBlacks behind the scenes videos, he's a bristly old bugger.

blue_or_die

In the unlikely event Buck goes elsewhere to be an HC, wonder if Khari could come back to Winnipeg.
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 04, 2023, 05:41:06 PM
In the unlikely event Buck goes elsewhere to be an HC, wonder if Khari could come back to Winnipeg.
Do we want him here in that position? He has had next to no success as OC elsewhere.

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 04, 2023, 06:45:50 PM
Do we want him here in that position? He has had next to no success as OC elsewhere.

I don't

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 04, 2023, 04:20:39 PM
I don't think Dyce is warm & fuzzy at all, watch some of the RedBlacks behind the scenes videos, he's a bristly old bugger.

Haha, maybe you're right!  On pressers he's sure warm & fuzzy; but behind closed doors, who knows, eh.  I guess the players would know.
Never go full Rider!