Calgary at BC

Started by Jesse, October 21, 2023, 01:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

Teuhema ejection: correct call.  Not sure why he got 2x15 instead of 1x25, it's really the same incident, just spread over a few more seconds.  They moved it from the 8 to 23 so indeed they did 2x15-15 instead of 25.  Not sure I've ever seen that before on a single player on a single incident.

Can't believe it took command 4 mins to figure it out (slows the game down); I'm sure most of us fans knew instantly it deserved ejection.  But I guess they want to be extra careful in these late-season critical games that they don't prematurely eject players.

They didn't show anything (so far for me) for the 1 offsetting UR on the hoggie.  #60 seemed to be playing it very cool after having been abused like that.

Could this be a sign to come of how BC will meltdown when they start getting behind vs us in WDF??  Strange, as Campbell was good with discipline in OTT.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

I agree with the call to remove VAJ for the playoff run...Dane can win this game

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on October 21, 2023, 03:41:28 AM
I agree with the call to remove VAJ for the playoff run...Dane can win this game

I think it?s more that they?re conceding the game.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on October 21, 2023, 03:27:39 AM
I think that is their normal ball. That?s how they play.

The 20Y pass on 3rd, yes; going for 3rd at all, not necessarily.  But ya, not unheard of for BC.

So far I'm loving this game as it's the battle of the super-vet super-smart coaches, insane gambles notwithstanding.  Dave so far is out-coaching, out-scheming, out-preparing, and out-smarting his very capable peer Campbell.

Go CGY!  SSK rejoice: you're getting rid of your coach and GM!  Well, so far... I'm at 17-0 just before the half.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on October 21, 2023, 03:47:37 AM

I think it?s more that they?re conceding the game.

Could be...that was a weak RTP call

PurpleReign

BC can?t stop the run and they have no run game of their own. Your not going to go anywhere in the playoffs playing like that.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on October 21, 2023, 03:16:17 AM
Is Tommy stevens better than Prukop at short yardage ?

He's bigger and can "plow" better.  And he's been ok at passing when given the chance.  Might have a (far) future as a #1 QB, or he'll end up just being the next Le Fevour (similar build).

I think Prukop gets more packages, and I bet their average sneak yards is close.  I'd take Prukop over Stevens, at least so far.

At least we know that with the Dom Davis sneak-fumble that he is indeed NOT on the WPG payroll still  ;D ;D  Well, on second thought... him fumbling and maybe losing the game may help us so much that maybe we are still paying him!!  :P :P :P ;D ;D
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Did VAJ get hurt?

I went for a hot tub

Blueforlife

Whitehead hurt shoulder and or wrist

Update bruised shoulder will come back

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 21, 2023, 03:58:57 AM
Did VAJ get hurt?

I went for a hot tub

No more than he already is.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on October 21, 2023, 03:41:28 AM

I wouldn't bet money on that.  Check the livetime Vegas odds changes, I don't follow that stuff but I'm sure it's going nuts right now.

However, I love the opportunity to get a good look at Dane driving the BC O, as there's a chance we'll see him for at least some of the WDF, if VAJ gets aggravates the injury or really stinks up the joint for 3Qs.

Just at the Siddiqi UR... he's lucky he didn't get DQ... that was some big push.  Pretty soon BC won't have any DE left in the game!  At least Betts is showing his maturity: he doesn't mess around like these other clowns.

I'm at the Betts UR... BC imploding!  Too bad, as that was a good DE play.  Would have been fine a few years ago.  I'm actually leaning towards no-call as he hit Maier with his grill.  They should amend the rules so that grill to grill is ok, as the D is trying to take their helmet out of the play and wrap him up.

Go CGY!  ABC... uh, Anyone but BC?  For this night only, I'm changing the ABC definition.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

First place looking like a reality

TecnoGenius

Quote from: PurpleReign on October 21, 2023, 03:51:09 AM
BC can?t stop the run and they have no run game of their own. Your not going to go anywhere in the playoffs playing like that.

Campbell thought that they'd always win with Rourke then VAJ just throwing 25 yard passes all night with impunity.  That really was their game plan.  They pay less lip service to the run than Maas did in EDM and SSK.  Maas has finally learned, a bit anyhow.  Campbell has regressed.

Remember Campbell's big years in OTT?  Generally always had a strong RB.

Oh ya, Lucky with another bad hands drop (in 1st H).  He's doing better in 2nd H.  Oops, spoke too soon, he just seems to have broken something in left arm.  No luck for Lucky.  Hope that isn't the same as his last big booboo.
Never go full Rider!