Good Bad and the Ugly

Started by bwiser, October 07, 2023, 04:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 08, 2023, 05:48:25 AM
How do we feel about Grant getting so many O plays?
Yeah man, I'm okay with it. Lots of guys like him have had great careers in the CFL; Pinball, Gizmo, Mack Herron, Brandon Banks ... just to name a few. Speed kills and he has plenty. I'd love to see us work him into the offence a lot more.
Go Bombers!

peg_city

I don't fault Collaros on the second turnover. The same turnover would have happened with Adams. He turned around and Betts was right in his face. He didn't even have time to register he was going to get hit before the ball was out.

The interception was very preventable.

dd

Quote from: J5V on October 08, 2023, 04:23:26 PM
Yeah man, I'm okay with it. Lots of guys like him have had great careers in the CFL; Pinball, Gizmo, Mack Herron, Brandon Banks ... just to name a few. Speed kills and he has plenty. I'd love to see us work him into the offence a lot more.
His presence on the field makes the defense take note and adjust. His speed can score anytime he touches the ball and defenses have to respect that. I like we re involving him in the offense

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on October 08, 2023, 05:37:05 PM
His presence on the field makes the defense take note and adjust. His speed can score anytime he touches the ball and defenses have to respect that. I like we re involving him in the offense

Is it worth the risk of injury though?  If they lose him again they can kiss their chances of winning a GC goodbye.

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 08, 2023, 05:48:25 AM
How do we feel about Grant getting so many O plays?  After Grant got injured on that sweep weeks ago people swore off using Grant on O.  I think he got 3 O touches this game?  He got good 1st down yardage, but on one tackle it looked a little rough on his legs.

Clearly it's a part of our scheme going forward, losing our returner be darned?  I'm not going to be the one to yell at MOS, but someone else can if they don't like it!  ;D :P

Outside sweeps and deep routes, let er rip.  

Slashing up the middle among the hoggies, that is inexcusable ever again.  

Demski, Bailey, sure, run them up the gut.  

But Grant is a speed guy, and speed guy gets used outside... where no hoggie can roll up on him in a pile.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on October 08, 2023, 03:12:22 PM
Good

The BC DB playing on the edge with his head all game.....only to have Bailey completely destroy him at his own game.
every year there are one or two plays that stick with me and that will be one of them....now I hope the guy isn't seriously hurt, but if you are willing to dish it you need to be willing/able to receive it back....

In the emotion of the game I didn't notice how he got hurt.  What did Bailey do?  Was he blocking or the carrier?  Didn't Bailey get denied a couple of times in the game?  So maybe he got a little testy with his defender?  As long as it's legal play within the whistles, it's ok.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 09, 2023, 01:22:10 AM
In the emotion of the game I didn't notice how he got hurt.  What did Bailey do?  Was he blocking or the carrier?  Didn't Bailey get denied a couple of times in the game?  So maybe he got a little testy with his defender?  As long as it's legal play within the whistles, it's ok.
I think this was the pass to Bailey in the 4th quarter where he lowered the boom on #26 Jaylon-Edwards-Cooper.    Looked like a stinger to his arm.
Bomber fan for life

J5V

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 09, 2023, 02:45:56 AM
I think this was the pass to Bailey in the 4th quarter where he lowered the boom on #26 Jaylon-Edwards-Cooper.    Looked like a stinger to his arm.
Yes that was the play, exactly. Bailey lowered the boom on him and he crumpled. Bailey then jumps up and screams some expletives at him and walks away. Poor guy could barely make it to the sidelines and he was favouring his shoulder the whole time. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a shoulder separation judging by the pain he was in. When he got to the sideline they sat him down and pulled one of those collapsible rooms over top of him that sheltered him from everyone and gave him some privacy. Wicked hit by Bailey, the ball carrier. That man is tough as nails.
Go Bombers!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: peg_city on October 08, 2023, 04:54:20 PM
I don't fault Collaros on the second turnover. The same turnover would have happened with Adams. He turned around and Betts was right in his face. He didn't even have time to register he was going to get hit before the ball was out.

The interception was very preventable.
Agreed, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time for that patented spin move of his.    Betts snuck around Hardrick who pushed him just outside the pocket however Zach didn't see him coming through the back door and slammed right into him.    The second one that resulted in a huge point swing as we were in the Red Zone and came away with nothing and BC scored another FG.    Thanks to Brady for his TD saving tackle and our D held them to just a FG.   A TD there would likely have been enough for BC to hang on for the win.....and I say might have as it would have been 3 down football for us on the second drive after we stopped them on 3rd and less than a yard.
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 09, 2023, 02:18:42 PM
Agreed, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time for that patented spin move of his.    Betts snuck around Hardrick who pushed him just outside the pocket however Zach didn't see him coming through the back door and slammed right into him.    The second one that resulted in a huge point swing as we were in the Red Zone and came away with nothing and BC scored another FG.    Thanks to Brady for his TD saving tackle and our D held them to just a FG.   A TD there would likely have been enough for BC to hang on for the win.....and I say might have as it would have been 3 down football for us on the second drive after we stopped them on 3rd and less than a yard.

Yes, BO20 really showed some speed and made a great play.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 09, 2023, 02:32:30 PM
Yes, BO20 really showed some speed and made a great play.

That, Bighill's tackle on Adams and Parker's last second tackle are those big plays O'Shea always refers to, in the end the Bombers made them and BC didn't.

J5V

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 09, 2023, 02:45:56 AM
Further to this, JEC had it coming to him. He had been taking liberties with our receivers all game and was playing like a little dirt-bag. Looked good on him.
Go Bombers!

Pete

Itwould bean interesting stat to see how many fumbles to sacks Zac has in comparison to other qbs. To me he leads this category by a wide margin.

Pigskin

Quote from: J5V on October 09, 2023, 04:20:17 PM
Further to this, JEC had it coming to him. He had been taking liberties with our receivers all game and was playing like a little dirt-bag. Looked good on him.

Yes, got Woli once which was a dirty hit. Glad RB88 play him back on a nice clean hit.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

Ugly not mentioned yet - Rose got torched then absolutely bullied when making a weak tackle attempt.