Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC October 6, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 05, 2023, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2023, 03:18:08 AM
Great stop, all due to the pressure.

Now we need the 1 min drill to drive for a TD to tie into halftime.
I would be happy with a 3

Lincoln Locomotive

Ok 2nd and 20.....finally we get them off the field!!    After 3 monster sacks in a row.
Bomber fan for life

Lincoln Locomotive

Bomber fan for life

Blueforlife

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 07, 2023, 03:17:20 AM
Not sure why you think the refs are biased

I don't think they're heavily biased against us (yet).  I just think the league would prefer BC in the GC, that's all.  Some iffy calls might go BC's way.  So far after that BC challenge it appears the crew will let the boys play.

I just don't like that we wasted our challenge on 1st Q and can't keep them honest.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

We are awesome at the 1min drill.  Why did we go super conservative and give BC a chance to get a FG?
Never go full Rider!

dd

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 07, 2023, 03:12:16 AM
Zach is human and he will make mistakes.  That one was bad.  He is throwing the ball well tonight.
Its not like it?s the first time he?s done this or there?s was a pre game article about him making bad decisions and constantly throwing into double coverage, he goes ahead and does it for the umpteenth time!! Brown makes better decisions with the football than Collaros does!! I m tired of it.

We aren?t going to win with quarterbacking like that, we simply aren?t. That?s just stupid football, plain and simple.

Blueforlife

J5V

Go Bombers!

Lincoln Locomotive

Bomber fan for life

J5V

We have not matched their intensity in this game. That has to change in the second half.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 07, 2023, 03:21:48 AM
Really disappointed to give up 3 here

Ya, that was a really stupid series of events, then letting the returner get that extra 10 yards by our ST crew.  WTH are they thinking??  That could be the difference.

Who decided we didn't want a first down on our final O series??  Sounds like a MOS failure to me.

We're going to need the turnovers to balance out or we may be in trouble.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: dd on October 07, 2023, 03:21:29 AM
Its not like it?s the first time he?s done this or there?s was a pre game article about him making bad decisions and constantly throwing into double coverage, he goes ahead and does it for the umpteenth time!! Brown makes better decisions with the football than Collaros does!! I m tired of it.

We aren?t going to win with quarterbacking like that, we simply aren?t. That?s just stupid football, plain and simple.
Zach makes great decisions the majority of the time.  Leader in QB rating, I believe.  Has his mistakes, a few more this year than desired.  The reference to Brown isn't accurate as his sample size is so small.  That said I love what Brown does.

Zach has proven he can win even when he throws a duck or two.

Blue In BC

Slow start all around
No coverage.
No pressure.
Fumble
INT
Missed FG
Penalties
Lost TOP
Short kicks
Poor coverage
Not much run game yet.

I think that covers it.

I haven't seen Bighill for awhile. Clements has been in. Injury or just not playing well?

BTW: Wasn't somebody claiming O'Shea as an ST genius?  So far that's cost us 6 points in the total swing. Castillo has missed FG's and / or PAT's in 4 consecutive games? This is an improvement?

Anyway. Got them where we want them. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on October 07, 2023, 03:23:10 AM
We have not matched their intensity in this game. That has to change in the second half.

I think we have on D.  O looking good too.  ST lacking intensity so far.
Never go full Rider!