Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC October 6, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 05, 2023, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on October 05, 2023, 07:04:51 PM
in the first game we played them penalties were a big issue, much uncharacteristic of this team. They will likely go after Parker like they did Swarmy , hopefully he stays away from the interference calls BC likes to draw.

Let them.  Parker was our starter in '22.  Houston is a beast but our shuffled secondary is still top-3 in the CFL IMHO.  TOR tried to pick on Parker a ton and it got them nowhere.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 05, 2023, 07:27:36 PM
The liquor can speak to numbing the stress of it. :)

Then I'm screwed!  I'll just have to be nervous, and nervous I am.  I get nervous for every away game.  The away record this year doesn't help.

But never forget, BC's fan base is probably more nervous.  The know their QB is Mr Anti-Consistency.  And they know they have no run game.

BC has Edwards-Cooper and Chungh back in.  They are taking this game mega-seriously and don't see it as a gimmee.

Could be a slobberknocker.  I bet the 1st Q is one of those feel-each-other-out punt-fests, but it should be a wild 2nd half.
Never go full Rider!

dd

I think Adams and his receiving corps eat us alive as he ll have all kinds of time to make plays. And ya, BC doesn?t have a running game per ce, but Adams can kill you with his legs as well. I don?t see us winning this game unless ZC plays absolute lights out. If he comes out pick six Zach then we re done

Blueforlife

I think we have a great chance to win this game and it will be a tight battle.  Establish the ground game will be key.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 06, 2023, 01:21:01 AM
Then I'm screwed!  I'll just have to be nervous, and nervous I am.  I get nervous for every away game.  The away record this year doesn't help.

But never forget, BC's fan base is probably more nervous.  The know their QB is Mr Anti-Consistency.  And they know they have no run game.

BC has Edwards-Cooper and Chungh back in.  They are taking this game mega-seriously and don't see it as a gimmee.

Could be a slobberknocker.  I bet the 1st Q is one of those feel-each-other-out punt-fests, but it should be a wild 2nd half.
BC fans will be nervous. Loud and nervous. Need to hit ?em early to shut them up!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 06, 2023, 01:33:10 AM
I think Adams and his receiving corps eat us alive as he ll have all kinds of time to make plays. And ya, BC doesn?t have a running game per ce, but Adams can kill you with his legs as well. I don?t see us winning this game unless ZC plays absolute lights out. If he comes out pick six Zach then we re done

Who wins most huge games?  The best pocket passers.  Think Ricky Ray and BLM.  Zach is this current generation's top pocket passer.  The runners like VAJ and Kelly often get antsy too fast because they think they can rely on their legs.  The true pocket passers will hang in there until the situation is doomed, thus making those late-developing plays the runners miss out on.

BC's OL has holes.  Chungh isn't as good as he used to be.  Knevel never impressed me, and neither does Broxton.  Couture as the C is mostly bypassed as the A-gap isn't our main attack point anyhow.

Many on our team don't wake up until the "big game" is here.  Well, this is the big game.  I expect max-effort from our DL.  Biggie will be flying around.  Wilson will be lights out on the run and short pass.  Rose and Nichols will be stoked.  Parker and Holm as the "newer" guys will probably have top games as the BC O tries to pick on them.  BA will be BA, and may be so hyper he takes a (lame, weak, bogus) UR.

It may come down to which QB is an INT machine.  Hopefully it'll be high-risk VAJ.  Zach knows what to do.  Might be a tough week to decide which QB to pick in fantasy.  Neither of the league-top Zach/VAJ might be a good pick.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 05, 2023, 07:27:36 PM
The liquor can speak to numbing the stress of it. :)

I fully intend to imbibe tonight at family dinner. ;D

Game day is here! Go Blue!!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

BBRT

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 06, 2023, 03:19:04 AM
Who wins most huge games?  The best pocket passers.  Think Ricky Ray and BLM.  Zach is this current generation's top pocket passer.  The runners like VAJ and Kelly often get antsy too fast because they think they can rely on their legs.  The true pocket passers will hang in there until the situation is doomed, thus making those late-developing plays the runners miss out on.

BC's OL has holes.  Chungh isn't as good as he used to be.  Knevel never impressed me, and neither does Broxton.  Couture as the C is mostly bypassed as the A-gap isn't our main attack point anyhow.

Many on our team don't wake up until the "big game" is here.  Well, this is the big game.  I expect max-effort from our DL.  Biggie will be flying around.  Wilson will be lights out on the run and short pass.  Rose and Nichols will be stoked.  Parker and Holm as the "newer" guys will probably have top games as the BC O tries to pick on them.  BA will be BA, and may be so hyper he takes a (lame, weak, bogus) UR.

It may come down to which QB is an INT machine.  Hopefully it'll be high-risk VAJ.  Zach knows what to do.  Might be a tough week to decide which QB to pick in fantasy.  Neither of the league-top Zach/VAJ might be a good pick.

I disagree with most of what you are saying. BC OL is every bit as good as ours. Our Defense has never be able to handle a mobil QB and at least IMHO that is the difference between what BC brings and what we bring to the table. I believe it will be a close game only if Zach brings his A game and VAJ has an off game. If VAJ is at his best I really do not think we can pull this one off with a win.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 06, 2023, 01:07:06 PM
I fully intend to imbibe tonight at family dinner. ;D

Game day is here! Go Blue!!
Nice! Same here.

ModAdmin

Please note the following roster change for tonight's game.

National offensive lineman Pat Neufeld (#53) will remain on the roster but is scratched from tonight?s lineup and will not dress. National offensive lineman Tui Eli (#65) will start at right guard.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 06, 2023, 07:24:48 PM

National offensive lineman Pat Neufeld (#53) will remain on the roster but is scratched from tonight?s lineup and will not dress. National offensive lineman Tui Eli (#65) will start at right guard.

Interesting Eli needs to prove all the high praise he has been getting in the pas t and contain while blocking like a beast!

Pete

Neufeld out hurts, especially since we like to utilize 6 oline men against the lions Bucks going to have to get a bit more creative.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on October 06, 2023, 07:47:08 PM
Neufeld out hurts, especially since we like to utilize 6 oline men against the lions Bucks going to have to get a bit more creative.

Haven't seen Jackson line up outside like a TE, but can't see why they couldn't make that work.

Blue In BC

Didn't hear about any injury during practice or after the last game. We still have Dobson as an extra OL and there isn't really anyone left on our PR to activate besides Schmekel?  That certainly reduces our options tonight.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

That's probably not good.  He probably got sick or had some personal emergency.  I bet it would have to be a really big one for him to let down his brothers in this huge game.

Eli is good, but I'm not sure he's ready to take starting RG role yet.  Yikes.  Well, here's his biiiiig chance to prove he's the next starting guard.

Quote from: Pete on October 06, 2023, 07:47:08 PM

Ya don't worry, Dobson takes the (small) majority of those 6th OL snaps, so the only change will be we're not swapping the 2 hoggies around all the time.  And now everyone's happy we have Jackson on the roster, as he'll get all 7-man max pro sets.
Never go full Rider!