Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC October 6, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 05, 2023, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Marquee game of the year so far in 2023.  Winner probably end up taking first place in the West at the end of the regular season.

Odds are Winnipeg will be at almost full strength as will BC.  No excuses just who executes better in this game.

Bombers have 3 'questionable' players - Janarion Grant, Demario Houston and Desmond Lawrence.  Grant and Lawrence have participated fully in practices this week. Houston has not participated in practices this week.

More on Bomber players in and out of the lineup here...

In:  #80 Grant

Blue Bomber Depth Chart is here - https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1710376675241000976/photo/1

Out:  #35 Houston

Ed Tait's 48 Hour Primer featuring Willy Jefferson is in the following link - https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/10/04/48-hour-primer-wpg-at-bc-3/

Keys to this match - Bombers need to control the line of scrimmage, bring pressure on Adams Jr. and be prepared for Adams Jr. to unleash an passing attack on the Bomber secondary.

Let's get it done!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Thanks Mod I think and hope Friday will be a night to remember! Go to sleep with a WF home date in hand!

As previously stated JJ and Willie need to make plays. Get VAJ rocked early and he will be erratic all game long.

I can see our O exposing that BC secondary this week and keep that Brady train a rolling!!!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Biggest game of the 2023 season, IMO.

I'd be lying if I said I weren't somewhat nervous considering last week's erratic performance.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Blueforlife

Blue In BC

I don't think this will be a close game decided in the last 3 minutes. I'm expecting a 14+ point win. The only issue is that is could be accomplished by either team.

Mistakes will determine who comes out on top.

BC is not good against the run and that opens up the passing game or vice versa. Our receivers have shown we can beat them all over the field.

The concern is with our defence not starting to play until the 2nd half. Houston out and no real depth at DB is an issue.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 05, 2023, 04:22:59 PM

I'd be lying if I said I weren't somewhat nervous considering last week's erratic performance.

Yes, this is the biggest game of the season. Shouldn't be, but it is. The boys better be fired up for this one.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TBURGESS

I went back and forth in my mind on who would win this game. I finally settled on the Bombers because Brady O is the best back in the league and BC's not great at stopping the run.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Jesse

I'm excited for the game. I know our play has been erratic at times but I've never been nervous before a game. When we do show up, the games are not close - and this should be no exception.

Also excited for the late Friday game. Gonna be able to get the kids to bed, set up with my drinks and snackies and just enjoy the game.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 05, 2023, 05:12:46 PM
I went back and forth in my mind on who would win this game. I finally settled on the Bombers because Brady O is the best back in the league and BC's not great at stopping the run.
Brady will have a big game.  Combine that with some success with the deep ball and we shall be ok.  Looking forward to Buck mixing it up on the ground a bit too with our receivers.

blue_gold_84

As Oliveira goes, so does the offense as a whole. Pierce needs to put together a solid gameplan and lean on his MOP-calibre tailback early and often.

I'd love to see Grant bang off a huge return, if not a return major.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 05, 2023, 04:59:57 PM
I don't think this will be a close game decided in the last 3 minutes. I'm expecting a 14+ point win. The only issue is that is could be accomplished by either team.

Mistakes will determine who comes out on top.

BC is not good against the run and that opens up the passing game or vice versa. Our receivers have shown we can beat them all over the field.

The concern is with our defence not starting to play until the 2nd half. Houston out and no real depth at DB is an issue.

Worried about the secondary tackling, BC have some horses they call receivers that are difficult to defend and bring down.  Wrapping up and gang tackling needs to be emphasized, can't have them running the ball in from 30 yds. out with Holm hanging off their back, got to make them work for every TD.  If the D can't stop BC from scoring, Zach may not be able to keep up and he'll move away from the running game.

Pete

in the first game we played them penalties were a big issue, much uncharacteristic of this team. They will likely go after Parker like they did Swarmy , hopefully he stays away from the interference calls BC likes to draw.

BBRT

Biggest game of the year for the Bombers - that's a given. I believe if the Bombers play a full 60 Minutes from opening kickoff until final whistle they will win. They need to start off with all the pedals to the metal so to speak. Can not wait until the second half to get their game on etc.

Zack has to have his "A" game on. I think it will be won or lost in the seconday as I am still not all the comfortable with the Bomber D Backs. And our DLine especially Jefferson and Jackson have to bring their "A" game.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 05, 2023, 04:22:59 PM

The liquor can speak to numbing the stress of it. :)

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on October 05, 2023, 05:39:47 PM
I'm excited for the game. I know our play has been erratic at times but I've never been nervous before a game. When we do show up, the games are not close - and this should be no exception.

Also excited for the late Friday game. Gonna be able to get the kids to bed, set up with my drinks and snackies and just enjoy the game.
sounds nice!