Trade Deadline?

Started by Blue In BC, October 01, 2023, 06:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on October 03, 2023, 03:46:48 PM
This is the perfect time to return.  Uses up the last year of his contract, may only earn a few game cheques, but gets playoff money.

He'd be crazy not to come back soon if he doesn't get a PR spot.

He's under contact for 2024. Since he's not back this week, the best he can do is play 2 regular season games and play offs.

I don't remember a player added this late in the season and getting play off money. I don't know of any CBA issue preventing that but it doesn't seem fair IMO that he'd get a big pay check for a late check in.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 03, 2023, 05:28:09 PM
He's under contact for 2024. Since he's not back this week, the best he can do is play 2 regular season games and play offs.

I don't remember a player added this late in the season and getting play off money. I don't know of any CBA issue preventing that but it doesn't seem fair IMO that he'd get a big pay check for a late check in.

If Houston is out.... he'd be a big add
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on October 03, 2023, 11:03:06 PM
If Houston is out.... he'd be a big add

Maybe for next season, but realistically he's only played one game, there are 3 or 4 DB's lined up ahead of him ready to start if called upon.  I don't think Hall is going to allow him to jump to the front of the line of players that have put in their time.  It's not like Winston Rose returning to the team late in the 2021 season.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 04, 2023, 01:20:19 AM
Maybe for next season, but realistically he's only played one game, there are 3 or 4 DB's lined up ahead of him ready to start if called upon.  I don't think Hall is going to allow him to jump to the front of the line of players that have put in their time.  It's not like Winston Rose returning to the team late in the 2021 season.

His advantage is that he's a Canadian and easier to get on the roster.

BTW: Trade deadline is today.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

I'd love to see Kongbo back here. I doubt that happens, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TecnoGenius

So what happened?  Is the deadline business hours or midnight?

I'm curious to what happened league-wide.  MOS was in a presser yesterday saying he had no clue the trade deadline was today.  What a strange league where the fans and teams are left wondering about everything.  Why is there not a central repository of information on these things?  There should be a publicly accessible calendar where we can all clearly see the important dates.  This happens every year for nearly every important CFL date, it seems.  No one has a clue.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

No movement anywhere and deadline is past

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 05, 2023, 12:44:35 AM
So what happened?  Is the deadline business hours or midnight?

I'm curious to what happened league-wide.  MOS was in a presser yesterday saying he had no clue the trade deadline was today.  What a strange league where the fans and teams are left wondering about everything.  Why is there not a central repository of information on these things?  There should be a publicly accessible calendar where we can all clearly see the important dates.  This happens every year for nearly every important CFL date, it seems.  No one has a clue.

The league could definitely use an overhaul of their information management system....but that's probably what they're attempting to do with Genius and the main reason this season has been such a mixed up mess.  To be fair the stats. have been improving the last few weeks, but I'll never like it as the old system looked great and worked perfectly.