The Saturday games MTL@OTT CGY@HAM

Started by TecnoGenius, October 01, 2023, 12:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

So nothing interesting happening in the Saturday games yet?  I'm just starting them myself.  MTL looking much better than they did last week so far.

SSK fans will be watching the CGY game like hawks.  There will be more tears in Regina-land today if CGY wins.  I think it's for the best if SSK misses the playoffs, as that will speed up the cleansing of the coaches / GM.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 01, 2023, 12:03:41 AM
So nothing interesting happening in the Saturday games yet?  I'm just starting them myself.  MTL looking much better than they did last week so far.

SSK fans will be watching the CGY game like hawks.  There will be more tears in Regina-land today if CGY wins.  I think it's for the best if SSK misses the playoffs, as that will speed up the cleansing of the coaches / GM.
I would prefer to play an already eliminated Calgary, although that point will be moot if we lose to BC
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

TecnoGenius

Major props to MTL 1Q4:01 for Antwi executing a dribble punt of 4 yards, across the LoS, to turn 2nd&18 into 1st down.  Someone tried this earlier this season and failed miserably.  But this time they pulled it off.

This play 100% needs to go into our playbook.  If the D is 20 yards off, as they were in this case, then if you've practised it a lot you should be able to pull it off.  The only hard part is making sure it crosses the LoS.

I find this rule allowance very odd because before the "punt" Cody had passed it forward to Antwi.  I'm not sure why the rules allow what is in effect two forward plays.  If you can't pass it forward twice, I don't think you should be able to pass/punt forward twice.  I wouldn't be surprised to see this loophole closed in the off-season.

In the meantime, on 2nd and forever when the D is playing prevent miles off the line, have trips run clearing routes on the strong side, have your RB sneak out behind the LoS on that side, and run this play.  The only defence is someone has to spy that RB or someone needs to stay tight to the line on that side.  Both of which weaken your prevent D.

Kudos to Maas / Calvillo on this one.  MOS would be proud.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Uh, why is there more noise @OTT when OTT is on O??  Did all the OTT fans stay home and every MTL fan drive down the highway?

And those awful French Horns that MTL fans use travelled with them too.  Every other stadium needs to ban those things.  It's bad enough putting up with them in @Molson games.  I don't want to hear them in @OTT games!!

Take control of your barn, OTT fans!  Sheesh.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

2Q13:31 Another crazy play.  What a game of oddities.  The punter kicks the ball out of the missed FG returner.  No one's ever seen that before.

Now, you're not allowed to trip with your legs, but apparently it's ok to lift your legs up 4 feet in the air to kick a ball out.  Wacky.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Lol little late but better than never!

Go Cats Go

Fun watching Dickie get squashed. :D

Shiltz is showing me something.

White is an amazing Talent

And Judge just wow!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

2Q2:29 Miserable failure of a fake-punt direct snap.  Just awful and dumb.

The play before they are 2nd and a short 2 and they do a deep shotgun slow RB handoff and they get absolutely stuffed for a loss of like 2 or 3.  It's times like this that I'm so glad we have MOS and the MOS philosophy.  If we were 2nd & a short 2 we'd be big-Dakota for 1 or 2 sneaks and a guaranteed 1st down.

OTT is getting badly outcoached today, and MTL isn't exactly known for good coaching.  Sad.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I made a thread already!  Mods, combine?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

DeQuoy 110 yard pick six... if this kid ever comes up cut from a team, he'd be great in WPG.  Who am I kidding, a Francophone superstar will never be released by MTL.

I wonder if he can ever become a legit full DB... The next Chezie?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

What MTL is doing to noobie Crum is reminding me of what we should have been doing to all the noob QBs: Crum, Dolegala, Powell, Dukes.  MTL is just feasting on pressure and picks.  Our D was making the noobs look like all-stars (except the BB rematch).  Why weren't we feasting?  It's puzzling.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

3Q14:56 MTL has 2 players jump the snap offside on 1st&goal at the 1 after DPI.  They absolutely truck the C before he even snaps; he's seeing birds on his back after that play.  This is a dangerous play and their punishment is... NOTHING!  It goes from 1st down on the 1 to 1st down on the 1.

If you wanted to, you could have your D do this play after play after play and just keep burning clock and trucking their OL in an unfair way.  This could injure the C and other OL.  Eventually the OL will get edgy and might do IP, meaning the D won because then it's no longer a sneak.

If there's a line penalty on the D at the 1 they should add the penalty yardage to the next non-1YL, non-convert play (like the kickoff).  Maybe double it if someone got trucked.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 01, 2023, 01:15:40 AM
Lol little late but better than never!

Go Cats Go

Fun watching Dickie get squashed. :D

Shiltz is showing me something.

White is an amazing Talent

And Judge just wow!

ABC baby.  Shiltz indeed looking better than he was pre-injury.  Powell might be riding the pine for the next few weeks.

Pretty boring game otherwise, after that completely nutso MTL game.

OTT still alive for a crossover!!  Crazy
Never go full Rider!