Banjo Bowl Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, September 04, 2023, 06:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on September 04, 2023, 08:16:39 PM
Parker is not a return guy.  Probably no one is with the guys on special teams.  They shouldn?t even be on the roster.

Hahaha, I've been saying that for the last 2 months of "McCrae can't return!" posts.  Not many people listened.

McCrae will somewhat slowly run straight north every time (except the one time he went east and got a huge return, imagine that) and get a few Y.

Parker will somewhat quickly run straight east or west every time and run a long way to get a few Y.

It does't matter.  Just have the placeholder hold the place and not cause a TO.  That's it.  Alternate between them to throw opponents off (slightly).  Then everyone pray for Grant.  But it'll sure be nice to have a totally fresh returner for the final quarter-season and playoffs!!
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 05, 2023, 05:58:59 AM
Hahaha, I've been saying that for the last 2 months of "McCrae can't return!" posts.  Not many people listened.

McCrae will somewhat slowly run straight north every time (except the one time he went east and got a huge return, imagine that) and get a few Y.

Parker will somewhat quickly run straight east or west every time and run a long way to get a few Y.

It does't matter.  Just have the placeholder hold the place and not cause a TO.  That's it.  Alternate between them to throw opponents off (slightly).  Then everyone pray for Grant.  But it'll sure be nice to have a totally fresh returner for the final quarter-season and playoffs!!

I don't think anyone ever expected Parker to replace Grant. I certainly didn't.

The difference was clear. Parker caught the ball cleanly every time. McCrae's first time out, he immediately drops the ball. Can't have that.

I'd certainly be open to trying other people than Parker, but McCrae is a liability out there. I have no idea how he keeps getting chances.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Is this a 2 or 3 practice week? A good chance we see some players returning from IR this week although a couple are going to be questionable all week. Hansen and Grant are the two that would most help the team IMO. Clement and Haba might be ready but it's not clear if they will be added.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 05, 2023, 02:25:59 PM
Is this a 2 or 3 practice week? A good chance we see some players returning from IR this week although a couple are going to be questionable all week. Hansen and Grant are the two that would most help the team IMO. Clement and Haba might be ready but it's not clear if they will be added.
Grant and Hansen back would be huge...seeing how are STs have been sooooo bad.   The yardage differential on returns was 150 yards.   If they both come back that gap closes rest assured.   
Bomber fan for life

wpg#1

LET'S KICK THEIR BUTTS ! SERIOUSLY !!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 05, 2023, 02:25:59 PM

practice starts Wednesday...

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on September 05, 2023, 12:00:24 PM
I don't think anyone ever expected Parker to replace Grant. I certainly didn't.

The difference was clear. Parker caught the ball cleanly every time. McCrae's first time out, he immediately drops the ball. Can't have that.

I'd certainly be open to trying other people than Parker, but McCrae is a liability out there. I have no idea how he keeps getting chances.

Parker also let the ball bounce past him a few times, too. Not as bad as bobbling it out of the air but not much better.

Maybe Parker is more comfortable on Saturday but neither he nor McCrae seems able to hold a candle to Grant's return abilities.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on September 05, 2023, 02:46:11 PM
practice starts Wednesday...

It looks like this is the only open practice for the week. I will be there.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on September 05, 2023, 04:18:17 PM
It looks like this is the only open practice for the week. I will be there.
thank you!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bluebeard

Quote from: wpg#1 on September 05, 2023, 02:34:21 PM
LET'S KICK THEIR BUTTS ! SERIOUSLY !!

I think I underestimated the Riders from the begiining of the year.  I called them a last placed team in the West.  They are not the worst team and not the best team... but what they are is a tough middle of the pack team.  I will not underestimate them again.  Even Dolegala seems to be improving at QB and with more exoerience may turn out to be a good starter.

Pigskin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 05, 2023, 04:32:34 PM
thank you!

Players I hope to see out there. Miller, Grant, Haba, Hansen, and Clements. A few fresh bodies for game day would be nice.

Willy looked dead tired out there on Sunday. Love to see us bring in another DL (Haba). for this game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on September 05, 2023, 04:40:15 PM
Players I hope to see out there. Miller, Grant, Haba, Hansen, and Clements. A few fresh bodies for game day would be nice.

Willy looked dead tired out there on Sunday. Love to see us bring in another DL (Haba). for this game.
greats points at around! I agree on all fronts and hopes.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Nic16

Whatever roster is decided on, it NEEDS to be and play better! And the game prep and plan NEEDS to be better!

That said, Bomber fans will be ready to make life difficult for Dolegala and the Riders offence!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on September 05, 2023, 04:40:15 PM

I don't think we'll see Miller. Even Hansen and Grant might practice but not be added to AR. However I am in wait and see what changes we do make this week.

Didn't really notice Jefferson as tired but we didn't really have many extra players in rotation. Gauthier lost for 6 weeks and Briggs still not 100%.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Nic16

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 05, 2023, 06:43:25 PM
I don't think we'll see Miller. Even Hansen and Grant might practice but not be added to AR. However I am in wait and see what changes we do make this week.

Didn't really notice Jefferson as tired but we didn't really have many extra players in rotation. Gauthier lost for 6 weeks and Briggs still not 100%.

My uneducated guess is we do not see any of them back until the BC and Argos btb.

Due to injuries and stubbornness MOS may make minor changes to the AR for the BB, but outside of that they still hold their fate in their own hands. So I do not expect much to change over the next 2 wks.