TiCats at Lions GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 26, 2023, 09:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Tecno: Try consolidating your thoughts dude. With nine posts in a row in just over two hours it's like you're having an ongoing conversation with yourself.  :)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Stretch

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 27, 2023, 06:32:01 AM
2Q3:13 The "sack" by Betts on Powell to kill the drive at the 20YL was an intentional trip, and thus not only not a sack, but also a penalty and thus should have continued the drive at the 10.  You can't see it on the first 2 angles, but the final angle it's very clear.  Refs botch it again.

Agree 100%.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 27, 2023, 08:11:59 AM
No way!  Now that pick was inspired.  I guess BC losing to WPG and (craptacular) SSK rocked their confidence or exposed some real vulnerability.  In hindsight it was possible BC could keep losing: however HAM O showed no ability to move the rock with the 24th stringer QB and zero run game.  So what do they do?  Have their best run game of the year.  I love it: BC was not expecting that and couldn't adjust.

VAJ crying on the sidelines.  Actually crying.  I don't mind Evans crying after losing the GC vs us, but in a reg season game the QB needs to be the captain of the ship and cannot show that emotion.  I think it's part of why VAJ implodes in games where he has adversity.  Not saying dudes can't cry: I'm saying the head honcho leader cannot do it or it ruins the morale and confidence of the other players.  And not just in this game.  That stuff carries over to next week.

would like to know what their reason was based on to pick Hammy to win.....was it based on analysis or just a hunch?   We definitely saw the bad VAJ and the mental toughness he lacks to shake things off.   That's where Zach excels...he can throw picks and keep on chucking it and be successful.    Ricky Ray also had that unflappable way about him where he throw picks and come right back and march down the field to score in the dying seconds and win games.    Not many QBs have this ability and VAJ certainly is lacking in this ability.   
Bomber fan for life

Pete

This is game is in the run
ning for the most  poorly officiated game of the year. What is particularly concerning is that missed calls affecting the outcome of games is the reason the command center was put in place. The league now needs to have the center held accountable and improve the visab
ilty of its decision making process.

3rdand1.5

Of course people complain when it's the home team penalized...but this game i had zero vetted interest in either, but I can honestly say the reffing was worth complaining about.

Even the CC not overturning the PI call where it was clear in the replay that jersey was tugged...now I don't think it was all that bad, but now what moving forward, you can pull the jersey?? It is no longer a black and white, really confusing....

And game to game, Zach gets hit possibly late, and in the head area with full body weight, no call even from the CC, Sayles (I believe) barely touches the head and penalty?? Again, I don't mind it either way but not both....

To the play of the game, BC came out of the gate hot as heck, and playing with speed and big plays, as the season wore on, the speed of the front 7 has been shown to be susceptible to being overpowered. The offence has huge big play talent, but if you can keep them off the field they are beatable. VA is now facing some adversity and based on his previous years adversity and him don't go well.....Let's see if it's just a blip they figure out or does Sask. start knocking on the door for 2nd place...

Good for Hammy to get a win, Butler was great!

ModAdmin

VAJ3 seems to get frustrated at times if plays don't work.  That doesn't help him or his team.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Tee42

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 27, 2023, 02:36:21 PM
would like to know what their reason was based on to pick Hammy to win.....was it based on analysis or just a hunch?   We definitely saw the bad VAJ and the mental toughness he lacks to shake things off.   That's where Zach excels...he can throw picks and keep on chucking it and be successful.    Ricky Ray also had that unflappable way about him where he throw picks and come right back and march down the field to score in the dying seconds and win games.    Not many QBs have this ability and VAJ certainly is lacking in this ability.   

Picked the underdog to try and gain some points in the standings. Hamilton is not a bad team they just need to play as a team, maybe the new OC is having an impact.

This year is a toss up every week, you never know what team is going to show up with the new qbs

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 27, 2023, 02:36:21 PM

Yep, BC isn't winning a Cup with a nervous V.A. at the helm, actually trust Evans more to be able to step up when Adams is falling to pieces as there's less pressure on him to perform.  If BC can work out the balance between the two they might be a threat to the Bombers in the playoffs, discounting a hot performance by either, or a poor performance from the Bombers.

dd

Quote from: Tee42 on August 27, 2023, 03:59:45 PM
Picked the underdog to try and gain some points in the standings. Hamilton is not a bad team they just need to play as a team, maybe the new OC is having an impact.

This year is a toss up every week, you never know what team is going to show up with the new qbs
I think Scott Milanovich play calling and game planning is the reason for the turn around. I think Hamilton is for real now and time will tell if it?s a flash in the pan or legit

dd

I ve never been a big VA fan the guy is a total head case and looks like he?s reverting to his old mentally unstable ways. BC is going nowhere with crying Vern under centre

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 27, 2023, 01:58:18 PM
Re: The fumble. Called on the field as down by contact, which was wrong, but when it was called that way the ball must be immediately recovered and it wasn't. Even if it's challenged, it's BC's ball. Horrible initial call.

No, the ball must be immediately attempted to be recovered.  As in people touching it immediately, and they certainly did.  The "immediately recovered" thing is for when the ball is out and no one is looking or going for it because they think the play is dead or they don't see it.

In this play many players are immediately fighting for the ball and it's squirting out on all of them like half a dozen times and going everywhere.  That's a fun fumble recovery example, not an instance of "not immediately recovered".  I've seen fumbled recoveries taking 10 seconds: as long as players are going for it and touching it, it's still live and counts as "immediately recovered".

I've never seen an instance of ball squirting everywhere with 10 hands on it the instant it falls ruled as "not immediately recovered".

The clincher is TSN reported that the official call was they couldn't tell (didn't bother?) who came up with it, not that it was not immediately recovered.

Also important: I do believe the whistle never sounded.  Anyone have the approx time when this play occurred?  I'm having a hard time finding it now.

Face it, the refs and EITS botched this one horribly.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stretch on August 27, 2023, 02:18:30 PM
Tecno: Try consolidating your thoughts dude. With nine posts in a row in just over two hours it's like you're having an ongoing conversation with yourself:)

I definitely am having a convo with myself because I'm the only one here at 3am!  ;D  I can't help it, on certain days I just can't watch live.  But I still need to vent at the bad reffing and play calls!   ;D

I figure some people will be interested the next day.  The reason I don't consolidate into larger posts is I find it easier (to both read and post) when each post is one topic, like one bad play, etc.  That way people can see in 2 secs if it's something they care about, and skip to the next post if it's not.

I know I'm often daunted at the prospect of reading a page-long post, so breaking it up helps to keep it digestable and skimmable.  Also easier for repliers to quote.

When I watch games late I follow along, synchronized, on the GDT (on a few forums), so it's kind of like I'm here live, even though I'm not.

Lastly, maybe I'm over-optimistic in that when I complain about something in the 1st Q I'm thinking that's going to be the only thing I need to post about.  And then we get a mess like this game, and 10 posts later...  :o :o :D :D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on August 27, 2023, 03:22:20 PM
The offence has huge big play talent, but if you can keep them off the field they are beatable.

I was watching HAM's clock management and they were shortening the game at every opportunity.  Always waiting till the playclock gets low.  So many run plays.  The whole game was one big clock-kill for HAM.

Did you know that the 4th Q of this game started right at the 2 hour mark into the broadcast?  I'm not sure I've ever seen that before!  Other games lately have been going well past 3h15m in duration even without overtime!

Shortening the game was a brilliant move by HAM.  I bet the team is so thrilled to get that Condell monkey off their back.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 27, 2023, 04:55:55 PM
Yep, BC isn't winning a Cup with a nervous V.A. at the helm, actually trust Evans more to be able to step up when Adams is falling to pieces as there's less pressure on him to perform.

But Evans is a headcase too, with all of his "my psychologist told me to tell myself I deserve to be here" psychobabble.  Ya, ok mental health in the workplace blah blah, but it's not a good look on the captain of the ship to inform the world about his therapist advice, diary entries, and navel-gazing.  You'll never see Zach do that.

BC: where headcase QBs go to fade away?
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2023, 12:38:21 AM
But Evans is a headcase too, with all of his "my psychologist told me to tell myself I deserve to be here" psychobabble.  Ya, ok mental health in the workplace blah blah, but it's not a good look on the captain of the ship to inform the world about his therapist advice, diary entries, and navel-gazing.  You'll never see Zach do that.

BC: where headcase QBs go to fade away?

Bull----. Leaders are regular people too and face the same challenges as anyone else. A leader that looks his peers in the eyes and tells them he's been struggling with something (mental health in this example) but has taken steps to overcome it is a sign of strength not weakness. There's no shame in telling someone you talk to a psychologist, whether you are a student, business person, quarterback or anything else.