Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary, August 18, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2023, 07:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

May impact the number of long bombs we attempt and are successful at...our offense does like those recently - but weather is the same for both teams.  Inexperienced QB in Brown will be a bigger factor.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

No pre-game show booooo

Just watching Brown for last week as we speak

Sneaky good him
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 19, 2023, 12:05:33 AM
May impact the number of long bombs we attempt and are successful at...our offense does like those recently - but weather is the same for both teams.  Inexperienced QB in Brown will be a bigger factor.

Then I looks at Buck to have the game plan to use his weapons and blocking tenancy advantages in Browns favour. Do that he will do well. His release is lightning fast and accuracy has been there. We shall see?

Tiger

Awaken the beast -  Oliveira!  Hoping for a big night.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 18, 2023, 04:46:34 PM
If we succeed in taking away their run game then IMO we win easily. Whether that's by very good offensive output by us ( TOP, score and field position ) or just by stuffing them by our defence.

I don't think they will have great success with their passing game, especially if we negate their run game.

Ya, need to stop Carey and Mills.  I'd normally be worried, but Wilson is back and that weak side won't be a gimmee of 15 free yards anymore.  I still expect them to run A-gap and also outside the tackles, as that's our weakest points so far this season.  If we can stuff the outsides, maybe we leave just the A-gap and Biggie can do some middle stuffing.

Because of the rain I'm torn between Lawler and Brady in fantasy... can't afford both...
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Here we got BOYZZZZZ.

It would be nice if Oliveira could have a break out game here!  :D

GOLDMEMBER

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2023, 12:24:53 AM
Meh. Maier is just as inexperienced and not as good.

Maier is morphing into what Dickie wants him to be.  A reliable, no-turnover, short/mid passer making good decisions and managing the game.  And taking a deep shot the once in a blue moon that coverage is blown.  And he's not bad at it.

I'd call Maier a Nichols-like QB but with less arm and not quite as quick/smart.  I think as long as Maier improves every few weeks, which he's been doing for 3 years, he'll keep the job and become serviceable.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 19, 2023, 12:43:43 AM
No pre-game show booooo

Boooooooooooooooooooo

I was looking for it too.  I think they throw darts at the wall to determine if there's a pregame show or not.  I think the Bombers deserve a show every week!!  ;D
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 19, 2023, 12:59:54 AM
It would be nice if Oliveira could have a break out game here!  :D

I picked Lawler in the end... so BO20 can do well, but I'm willing Kenny on to have another 200 yarder!  (And 2 TDs please!)  :D
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2023, 01:04:06 AM
I picked Lawler in the end... so BO20 can do well, but I'm willing Kenny on to have another 200 yarder!  (And 2 TDs please!)  :D
Schoen needs to wake up a bit to. He is behind last years pace. Up to Buck!

Sir Blue and Gold

Calgary going to try and run between the tackles early and often. If we can stop that we'll probably win but Calgary likes that part of the match up I'm sure.