Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary, August 18, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2023, 07:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

The big question - 'Does Zach Collaros play on Friday Night Football'?  Dru Brown starts. But we should be in good hands against Calgary.

Reports indicate Calgary's REC Clark Barnes, DB Julian Charles and REC Cole Tucker are listed as out for Friday's game, while DBs Jonathan Moxey and Brad Muhammad are listed as questionable.

A winnable game with the Alouettes (at IG Field) and Saskatchewan (2 times) coming up next.

In for the Blue Bombers: No changes

Out for the Blue Bombers: No changes

Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer is here https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/08/16/48-hour-primer-wpg-at-cgy-3/here[/URL]

Game Preview here https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/08/17/game-preview-wpg-at-cgy-2/

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

The Basics

Kickoff: Friday, 8 p.m. CDT; McMahon Stadium, Calgary

TV: TSN; RDS 2
U.S. and international live streaming: https://www.cfl.ca/plus

Radio: 680 CJOB

Last meeting:
July 7, 2023, at IG Field: Winnipeg 24 Calgary 11. Winnipeg has won four straight against the Stamps dating to 2021 and eight of the last 10 meetings. The Blue Bombers are 3-1 on the road this year. Calgary is 1-3 at home this season.

PlayNow odds: The Blue Bombers are favoured by six points. For more betting options on this game, here.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Norm W

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

Cflblue23

Pigskin

I am hoping for a better start by our D. Also, no turnovers by our O.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Just....have a decent start....please...

Not asking to jump to a 21-0 lead or anything, but please stop looking like the worst team in the league during the first 1.5 quarters. We're a veteran team, why we starting like this so often?
My wife is amazing!

M.O.A.B.

3 consecutive game without personnel changes (in/out) except for Dru starting this game. Not sure if that happened before.

RebusRankin

Using a DA spot on Jackson continues to be a waste. It would be better to use another dlineman especially against a team with a strong running game. Parker for Darby would be good as well since Darby has not played well this year and Parker can do returns. McCrae has not done well as a returner.

theaardvark

With the huge number of people on the "injured" list, and the large number of "questionable" designations, one has to wonder at the "no change" depth chart for today.

How many "game time decisions" are included in there?  How many PR players will be making the trip with their full kit? 

Using a DA spot on Jackson might not be a luxury, but a necessity.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Hoping the offense can establish the run early and get settled in. I'm excited to see what Brown can do considering how well he played a week ago.

Another bad start I can't handle.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

RebusRankin

Quote from: theaardvark on August 17, 2023, 04:10:46 PM
With the huge number of people on the "injured" list, and the large number of "questionable" designations, one has to wonder at the "no change" depth chart for today.

How many "game time decisions" are included in there?  How many PR players will be making the trip with their full kit? 

Using a DA spot on Jackson might not be a luxury, but a necessity.

How is using a spot on Jackson a necessity? He barely takes reps on offense or defense.

3rdand1.5

Jackson can play some Dline if needed and Maro has also played some. I personally would like to see another D-line get in, but......
Mc Crea was way better with ball control and securing the catch. Let's hope he can get the return game going now....although I am far more concerned with our coverage teams lately.

C'mon Dru let's do this....Cal. has a decent defence, it's the offence that has been holding them back. Very curious to see how Dru looks, as I think many people are including opposing GM's.

BBRT

I will be there - one of the few games I attend at McMahon Stadium (even though I have season tickets - got to support the CFL). Today will be a high of 34C but tomorrow around 17C with rain so might be a little wet. Not sure which team has an advantage a wet field brings. The one thing that will be a problem for the Stamps Organization is that attendance is down this year and a wet and somewhat cold experience will keep the numbers in attendance down even more.

It is a pretty sorry sight as I sit in the SuperReds section and most of the folks I use to see in my sectiond no longer show up! However the hot dogs and diet cokes are still good!  :D

theaardvark

Quote from: RebusRankin on August 17, 2023, 04:20:55 PM
How is using a spot on Jackson a necessity? He barely takes reps on offense or defense.

Necessity due to numbers... and injuries...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on August 17, 2023, 04:38:05 PM
Necessity due to numbers... and injuries...

We have 2 DL on our PR. Either could be a better choice.

O'Shea seems to have a man crush on the ex Seal. That's all find and dandy but he needs to contribute more than a couple of ST plays or defensive reps in garbage time.

If the two DL on the PR haven't shown more than Jackson then we should be looking at new players on the PR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions