Elks make a leadership change...

Started by The Zipp, August 15, 2023, 01:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 16, 2023, 06:47:39 PM
Dustin Nielsen said he clashed hard with the alumni

If that was the reason, or a reason, for Cui's firing, they need to re-engineer the Board of Directors.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Stretch

Quote from: ModAdmin on August 16, 2023, 08:03:44 PM
If that was the reason, or a reason, for Cui's firing, they need to re-engineer the Board of Directors.

Read a couple of tweets from a former Elks employee indicating Cui was a "my way or the highway" kind of person to work for. Didn't sound like it was the greatest work environment.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Stretch

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 16, 2023, 07:49:16 PM
Why should ex-football players have any say in the operation of the football team?  Most of them are knuckleheads with no financial interest.

Except for Wade Miller.  ;) And Pinball Clemons.  ;) And John Hufnagel.  ;)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Stretch on August 16, 2023, 10:03:12 PM
Except for Wade Miller.  ;) And Pinball Clemons.  ;)

I was referring to Cui's interaction with the alumni, Wade and Pinball have invested interests.

BLUEBOMBER

Football teams survive or die with their leadership.  Miller has turned around the BB game big time. Same as Pinball. Met both of them and I would say their teams reflect who they are and that's why they are successful.

Jesse

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on August 22, 2023, 10:47:46 PM
Football teams survive or die with their leadership.  Miller has turned around the BB game big time. Same as Pinball. Met both of them and I would say their teams reflect who they are and that's why they are successful.

But before Wade, we also had an interfering board that used the franchise as their own madden game. And our results were similar to Edmontons current fiasco.
My wife is amazing!