$3.50 Pop bait & switch

Started by TecnoGenius, June 10, 2023, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomb squad

Absolutely nothing wrong with your postings Techno. My suggestion for what it?s worth: Ignore. It has more impact.

Sir Blue and Gold

I don't really think the ad is misleading at all.

NewBlue

Quote from: DM83 on June 12, 2023, 03:20:31 PM
Techno, send me your address and I will send you a gift card for$ 3.50.

But  techno, get this, in the Pinnacle Lounge bathroom for men there were no paper towels near the middle of half-time.  It was a very disgusting situation.  I has to get in line for a couple of coors for $9.00 each.

If money is such an object, stay home.  It's cheaper.  I look at these crazy prices as a night out.  In the CFL that's about 8 games a year when the weather is not a concern.  Spend the overpriced merchandise, and live a little.

Your website, er sorry fan forum, appreciates this very small problem. But one post should suffice.

Thanks, send me yoyr addy and I will send you some pop.

remember when you told a random poster not to tell you what to post?  Try following your own advice.

TecnoGenius

I am happy to report that the always-friendly Bomber Office has told me they should have a solution in place for the next game.  They'll have canned pop for $3.50 at a couple of select tailgate kiosks.  When I find out which precise ones, I'll post here.  But you should be able to spot them in the fridges, I'd guess.  Sounds like it's been in the works, but the logistics weren't there for week 1.  So all's well that ends well.

They also gave me a great way to tell which concession in-stadium has fountain drinks: it's the ones that sell liquor as well as food.  So you don't have to hunt around asking at each of them: just remember rum and coke doesn't work without the coke (well, in this case pepsi).  So in my 200-level W it's the Grid Iron stand.  (I'd guess the booze-only stands will not sell fountain drinks, so look for food+booze stands; but I could be wrong.)  I forgot to ask, but I'm guessing the fountain-able concessions are the ones with the discount dogs, too (will confirm next game).

They also have a solution to any QR-code STH food discount scanners breaking on game-day, which should give staff a quicker option to process the discount if their scanner breaks.  Sounds like staff will get trained up on the new solutions.  Of course this discount is new for this season and there will be teething problems.

Thank you Bomber Office for making things right and always striving to improve the game-day experience for everyone.  I had no doubt that they would.

Thanks also to the forum posters who "got it" and/or shared their experiences so we could all solve The Great IGF Refreshment Mysteries(tm) together.  And I want to say that WFC/IGF do a superb job compared to other CFL venues (like Mosaic and its sold-out-of-savory-food-by-mid-3rd-quarter problem).
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 12, 2023, 10:24:49 PM
I am happy to report that the always-friendly Bomber Office has told me they should have a solution in place for the next game.  They'll have canned pop for $3.50 at a couple of select tailgate kiosks.  When I find out which precise ones, I'll post here.  But you should be able to spot them in the fridges, I'd guess.  Sounds like it's been in the works, but the logistics weren't there for week 1.  So all's well that ends well.

They also gave me a great way to tell which concession in-stadium has fountain drinks: it's the ones that sell liquor as well as food.  So you don't have to hunt around asking at each of them: just remember rum and coke doesn't work without the coke (well, in this case pepsi).  So in my 200-level W it's the Grid Iron stand.  (I'd guess the booze-only stands will not sell fountain drinks, so look for food+booze stands; but I could be wrong.)  I forgot to ask, but I'm guessing the fountain-able concessions are the ones with the discount dogs, too (will confirm next game).

They also have a solution to any QR-code STH food discount scanners breaking on game-day, which should give staff a quicker option to process the discount if their scanner breaks.  Sounds like staff will get trained up on the new solutions.  Of course this discount is new for this season and there will be teething problems.

Thank you Bomber Office for making things right and always striving to improve the game-day experience for everyone.  I had no doubt that they would.

Thanks also to the forum posters who "got it" and/or shared their experiences so we could all solve The Great IGF Refreshment Mysteries(tm) together.  And I want to say that WFC/IGF do a superb job compared to other CFL venues (like Mosaic and its sold-out-of-savory-food-by-mid-3rd-quarter problem).

While you have their attention can you also give them hell for the decrepit state of the technology used on this website?  Apparently since they first launched digital imagery has been invented!!!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: bomb squad on June 12, 2023, 09:14:40 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with your postings Techno. My suggestion for what it?s worth: Ignore. It has more impact.
Keep it up techno and yes ignore the noise they just fishing while moving with lines out lol

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 12, 2023, 10:32:39 PM
While you have their attention can you also give them hell for the decrepit state of the technology used on this website?  Apparently since they first launched digital imagery has been invented!!!

Haha, ya well that would be a different department, I'd think.  And I'd bet the correct department consists of zero employees and one very part-time contractor  ;) :D :D

Hey TLB do you ever go to the other fan forums?  While some are a bit more mobile-friendly or slightly more "updated looking", I find this forum to still be the best for actually having a discussion.  The fact it's built for desktop (only!) is the best part about using it on the desktop.  The worst part, of course, is it blows badly on mobile; so I just don't use it on mobile.  :D :D  I'm curious if anyone has found a CFL team forum they really like, and could possibly be used as an upgrade to this site.

Riderfans just feels like a glorified and green twitter.  2-3 one-line posts and the page is full, scroll scroll scroll.  There are never any long, well-thought-out posts on there.  Maybe that's why each thread needs 400 posts just to get halfway to a cogent point.  I'm convinced that's why we see a couple of Rider fans here regularly; hehe.

My wishlist for this forum would be:
1. Enable UTF8 (note: hard to retrofit!!)
2. Get the inline image thing working (some people do, but I never can)
3. Have a mobile version (but keep the desktop version accessible too!)
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

I don't have an issue with mobile on here

bwiser

Quote from: bluengold204 on June 12, 2023, 01:17:58 PM
Good lord that is a lot of ranting for $3.50 pop. 
Have you not lived in Winnipeg long? This is a city that likes a deal.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 12, 2023, 10:48:06 PM
Haha, ya well that would be a different department, I'd think.  And I'd bet the correct department consists of zero employees and one very part-time contractor  ;) :D :D

Hey TLB do you ever go to the other fan forums?  While some are a bit more mobile-friendly or slightly more "updated looking", I find this forum to still be the best for actually having a discussion.  The fact it's built for desktop (only!) is the best part about using it on the desktop.  The worst part, of course, is it blows badly on mobile; so I just don't use it on mobile.  :D :D  I'm curious if anyone has found a CFL team forum they really like, and could possibly be used as an upgrade to this site.

Riderfans just feels like a glorified and green twitter.  2-3 one-line posts and the page is full, scroll scroll scroll.  There are never any long, well-thought-out posts on there.  Maybe that's why each thread needs 400 posts just to get halfway to a cogent point.  I'm convinced that's why we see a couple of Rider fans here regularly; hehe.

My wishlist for this forum would be:
1. Enable UTF8 (note: hard to retrofit!!)
2. Get the inline image thing working (some people do, but I never can)
3. Have a mobile version (but keep the desktop version accessible too!)

Morning Big Blue functions well, even on mobile.

The Zipp

Quote from: pjrocksmb on June 12, 2023, 10:52:27 PM
I don't have an issue with mobile on here

Me neither.  90% of my posts are from my iPhone

pjrocksmb

Quote from: bwiser on June 12, 2023, 11:09:15 PM
Have you not lived in Winnipeg long? This is a city that likes a deal.
Nothing better than a deal.  My best deals occur at garbage dumps lol.

Foxhound

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 12, 2023, 10:32:39 PMWhile you have their attention can you also give them hell for the decrepit state of the technology used on this website?  Apparently since they first launched digital imagery has been invented!!!

Not being able to post good pictures on this forum is a serious bummer. It's almost unbelievable in fact.

:(
Radically Canadian!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Foxhound on June 13, 2023, 02:01:58 AM
Not being able to post good pictures on this forum is a serious bummer. It's almost unbelievable in fact.

:(
I have seen it done but it requires wizardry level 9
I'm at a 2

DM83