New Version of Fantasy

Started by the paw, June 03, 2023, 09:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Where's McCrae in fantasy for tonight's game? Argh, stupid new fantasy isn't keeping up with the roster changes.  McCrae should be a great cheap pick for tonight in a rainy MTL.

WPG bluebombers.com still does not have week 4 chart posted in the official location.  Does anyone have the actual final chart once all these changes to the tweeted chart are taken into account?

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023-position-charts/
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

I'm sick to death of their repeated bungling of both the stats and the Fantasy scoring in the fourth week now! The numbers from Saturday's Blue Bombers-Alouettes game are still badly bungled. It's not nuclear physics. All that's required is simple addition and subtraction. And yes, I have told them exactly that!

>:(
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on July 04, 2023, 07:25:36 PM
I'm sick to death of their repeated bungling of both the stats and the Fantasy scoring in the fourth week now! The numbers from Saturday's Blue Bombers-Alouettes game are still badly bungled. It's not nuclear physics. All that's required is simple addition and subtraction. And yes, I have told them exactly that!

Which player and stat in particular?  I like to dig into such things.

I noticed in week 1 they weren't crediting QBs with rushing TDs (Zach got one).  I think they got that resolved?  Once they release results for the week, are they "locked" or can they "fix" things and our weekly scores change?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Wow, I'm tied-8th country-wide in the gamezone "blitz picks"?  That's crazy.  Maybe that means I should be actually gambling?  ;) ;)

Blitz picks is kind of fun, and new this year.

On fantasy... I'm not doing so hot.  :P :P :-X :'( :'( :-\  But I'll keep trying!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Does the new fantasy not give points for kick return yards??  Really?

https://gamezone.cfl.ca/fantasy/help/guidelines

That would make guys like Grant & McCrae, or Leake etc (who isn't even in the fantasy lineup haha), near-useless fantasy picks.  Unless they return for a TD that is.

Seems like a big oversight IMHO.

Also, passing yards are awarded less points, as are passing TDs (I think).
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Wow, the new fantasy doesn't give extra points (i.e. 6) for a D getting a TD!  I thought for sure MTL would get massive fantasy D points tonight, and they only got 3!!  No +12 for the 2 D scores!  Wacky and kind of goofy.

And no, they don't give points for return yards.  I'm not even sure a kick return TD would get them points.

On a wacky note, I have somehow become #2 rank in the country on the Blitz Picks gamezone section!  I have no idea what I'll win should I be #1 come year end, nor if I can keep up the lucky picks.  BUT, I do wonder now whether I should be putting $10k down in bets every single week on prop bets they keep talking about on TSN...  :D :o  If you regularly get 6-9 of 10 correct on "prop bet" style picks, can you come out ahead?  Or will the house still win??  Never sports-gambled at all in my life.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Kudos to our very own Balticfox for getting 5th in the whole country on Gamezone Blitz Picks!  I finished 27th but I missed that 1 week when I realized the 1st game had started 30 mins late.  If I had gotten my average I would have been right near Baltic.  Too bad we will never know if I could have beaten ya  ;D ;D

In any event, it's quite an accomplishment to rank that high.  I hope the guy who won that game plays the gambling prop bets each week, surely that would make him a fortune?

As for fantasy, both Baltic and I would say we did not so great this year.  The new fantasy took me several weeks to figure out the new points system and adjust.  Picking returners early on was a pointless move.  And then in the final weeks I got hosed by late scratches and injuries.  And who would have thought Mack would have 0 points in his final game?  Argh.  Better luck next year!

I sure wish fantasy kept going into the playoffs, or had a separate game, like the old fantasy used to do.
Never go full Rider!