Blue Bombers re-sign Adam Bighill through 2024

Started by blue_gold_84, November 29, 2022, 01:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomb squad

Great signing. Guy's an animal out there. I don't know how much longer he can play like that, but we sure need to find out. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Towards the end of his interview he mentions breaking a bone in his hand during the G.C., he kept playing regardless.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/11/29/adam-bighill-signs-two-year-extension/

pjrocksmb

Biggie is just as great off the field as he is his on it.  He coaches young players and will no doubt make a major impact to our community.  Well done Bombers.  Talk of any decline in his play both this year and in the past has been overstated; only time he has struggled is when knicked.  Key cog.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BBRT on November 29, 2022, 05:34:53 PM
Yeah -got to think this one through. He got owned in the Grey Cup and watching all the games I think his play fell off somewhat - but that is just my opinion. It will be good to have him back but I think he needs to really spend the off season getting in better game shape etc.

There was only one "own" I can remember in the GC, and I just re-reviewed the whole thing.  And that "own" was Biggie in space, completely on his own, with an already-running AJ.

That wasn't an own, that was a horrifically bad scheme not respecting the run in the red zone.  We did that all night.  Don't blame Biggie for it.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Great signing.  And we keep getting Biggie for less than many teams pay for their MIKE.  I bet Muamba will make a bucketload more than Biggie in 2023.

Biggie is the leader we need on D.  Great re-signing.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 30, 2022, 12:48:42 AM
Great signing.  And we keep getting Biggie for less than many teams pay for their MIKE.  I bet Muamba will make a bucketload more than Biggie in 2023.

Biggie is the leader we need on D.  Great re-signing.

Agree and yes Muamba will get paid a pretty penny but he's worth it.

I also agree about you previous post, I believe BBRT is over stating the negative here.

TecnoGenius

After watching the Biggie presser: I see what they're doing... they are signing the key leaders and absolute superstars first, because that will a) help sway guys to stay in WPG, and b) make it easier to re-sign them, and c) help keep their expectations for raises within reason.

It's a great plan by KW.  Kudos to him for getting it done.  I can't ever recall such a panoply of key signings so early after the season end.

It's ironic, but maybe the GC loss made this approach a) more critical, and b) easier, than it would have been in previous years.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 30, 2022, 12:47:19 AM
There was only one "own" I can remember in the GC, and I just re-reviewed the whole thing.  And that "own" was Biggie in space, completely on his own, with an already-running AJ.

That wasn't an own, that was a horrifically bad scheme not respecting the run in the red zone.  We did that all night.  Don't blame Biggie for it.

i think thie original quote was in regard to Hardrick and i have to agree that his play suffered in 2nd half

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on November 30, 2022, 01:21:40 AM
i think thie original quote was in regard to Hardrick and i have to agree that his play suffered in 2nd half

Ah, looking back you may be right.  Maybe BBRT can clarify.  Ya, not sure anyone can say Biggie needs to "get in game shape".

As for Yoshi, he did ok.  They picked on his side by overloading it a lot, and Yoshi usually did the right thing taking the inside guy.  I saw more whiffs by Couture and Gray (that darn A gap) than Yoshi, to be honest.

As per my final game breakdown post, I blame Buck more than the OL for all the bad results from the TOR blitzes.  We were predictable, didn't really change it up, didn't really have a hot outlet for Zach, and didn't use the jumbo set on passes too much.  And our lines got dominated, a rare thing for us, and it cost us the game.  That's not just Yoshi.  That's the whole crew, plus Buck, plus OL coach, and ultimately plus MOS.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden