Blue Bombers Transactions - October 17, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, October 18, 2022, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers Transactions - October 17, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., October 17, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Released from practice roster:

American defensive lineman Bronson Massie
American defensive back Raleigh Texada
American offensive lineman Liam Fornadel
American offensive lineman Paxton Muljo
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

pjrocksmb

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on October 18, 2022, 02:01:04 AM
Did any of these guys see game day action?

No. Just players that were looked at for possible bringing back to TC 2023. I was hoping Massie might have been activated for the game in Vancouver as depth.

Interesting that we're down to only 7 players on the PR. We're going to see some players returning from IR for our last game and this was step one in overall roster adjustment.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GCn19

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 18, 2022, 01:27:16 PM
No. Just players that were looked at for possible bringing back to TC 2023. I was hoping Massie might have been activated for the game in Vancouver as depth.

Interesting that we're down to only 7 players on the PR. We're going to see some players returning from IR for our last game and this was step one in overall roster adjustment.

Yea...they were just here for a looksie to see if any of them are next year worthy.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Blue In BC

Quote from: GCn19 on October 18, 2022, 04:08:15 PM
Yea...they were just here for a looksie to see if any of them are next year worthy.

When are you going to update your " handle " to GCn22? After we win the WDF?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 18, 2022, 01:27:16 PM

I guess they may be planning to bring in a few more players for a look in the next few weeks.  As it stands their D-line rotation at DE has been deficient and their pass rush has been off all season, they lost Kongbo and Hansen and have only added Adams back, Sayles and Lawson sometimes fill in but their results have been less than stellar. 

This could be a big problem in the playoffs if they run into a hot QB that moves the ball quickly like Dane Evans on a good night or Trevor Harris.  Hopefully once Jeffcoat returns he can improve their pass rush significantly because it has been one of their biggest strengths in the last two GC runs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 18, 2022, 04:53:38 PM
I guess they may be planning to bring in a few more players for a look in the next few weeks.  As it stands their D-line rotation at DE has been deficient and their pass rush has been off all season, they lost Kongbo and Hansen and have only added Adams back, Sayles and Lawson sometimes fill in but their results have been less than stellar. 

This could be a big problem in the playoffs if they run into a hot QB that moves the ball quickly like Dane Evans on a good night or Trevor Harris.  Hopefully once Jeffcoat returns he can improve their pass rush significantly because it has been one of their biggest strengths in the last two GC runs.

Increasing the PR from 12 to 17 was only for 30 days and we were close to that time frame limit.

Last week we activated 4 players from the PR to replace: Byrant, Hardrick, Neufeld and Nichols who were off for that game. The additions were: Burtenshaw, Lofton, Witt and Machino. I'd expect those 4 will be moved back to the PR for our last game.

If Kolankowski is unable to play due to injury that might mean Witt stays on the game day roster. Canadian for Canadian OL.

If Woli, Ellingson and Jeffcoat are good to return there may be a few others bumped from the game day roster. Who exactly is not quite as obvious, but room will need to be available on the PR.

Realistically I don't imagine " new " players to be added to the PR. There is one regular season game to play and then WDF. Teams won't invest time to take a look see in practice in this time frame IMO. It's not impossible but I don't see it.

This is just movement from AR to PR and from IR to PR adjustments.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 18, 2022, 05:43:26 PM
Increasing the PR from 12 to 17 was only for 30 days and we were close to that time frame limit.

Last week we activated 4 players from the PR to replace: Byrant, Hardrick, Neufeld and Nichols who were off for that game. The additions were: Burtenshaw, Lofton, Witt and Machino. I'd expect those 4 will be moved back to the PR for our last game.

If Kolankowski is unable to play due to injury that might mean Witt stays on the game day roster. Canadian for Canadian OL.

If Woli, Ellingson and Jeffcoat are good to return there may be a few others bumped from the game day roster. Who exactly is not quite as obvious, but room will need to be available on the PR.

Realistically I don't imagine " new " players to be added to the PR. There is one regular season game to play and then WDF. Teams won't invest time to take a look see in practice in this time frame IMO. It's not impossible but I don't see it.

This is just movement from AR to PR and from IR to PR adjustments.

You're probably right, not enough time to bring in new players at this point. 

Witt is actually an Import, I would much rather they find a way to keep Eric Lofton on the roster through the end of the season, of all the players pulled off the PR last week he looked the best IMO.  He played very well in place of Hardrick last game and they can't leave him on the PR at seasons end for other teams to grab during the off-season.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 18, 2022, 06:06:50 PM
You're probably right, not enough time to bring in new players at this point. 

Witt is actually an Import, I would much rather they find a way to keep Eric Lofton on the roster through the end of the season, of all the players pulled off the PR last week he looked the best IMO.  He played very well in place of Hardrick last game and they can't leave him on the PR at seasons end for other teams to grab during the off-season.

I stand corrected about Witt being an import. That creates a depth issue if Kolankowski is unable to play or be depth.

Lofton could be moved to 1 game IR if they want to retain him I suppose. Keeping him on the AR would mean losing a DI from the defence. Not sure if that is needed or choice # 1 though. He did seem to play well.

What happens health wise for next game and after the next game is all TBD. Shuffling to follow.

Does make me wonder why they released Szott from the PR in case they want to retain 2 Canadian OL ( # 6 and # 7 ) on the game day roster. It could mean Kolankowski if ok or they will only have 1 back up OL?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Horseman

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 18, 2022, 04:53:38 PM

I would think Hall will change up the DB coverage to play coverage closer to the receivers instead of giving them a 10 yard cushion like they have been. This should result in more contested throws, interceptions or knockdowns, plus the tighter coverage should lead to greater pressure on the pass rush if the QB has to hold the ball for slightly longer due to the closer coverage.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 18, 2022, 06:19:09 PM
I stand corrected about Witt being an import. That creates a depth issue if Kolankowski is unable to play or be depth.

Lofton could be moved to 1 game IR if they want to retain him I suppose. Keeping him on the AR would mean losing a DI from the defence. Not sure if that is needed or choice # 1 though. He did seem to play well.

What happens health wise for next game and after the next game is all TBD. Shuffling to follow.

Does make me wonder why they released Szott from the PR in case they want to retain 2 Canadian OL ( # 6 and # 7 ) on the game day roster. It could mean Kolankowski if ok or they will only have 1 back up OL?

Dobson is #6, one extra is good enough backup for the entire O-line and the way they normally did it up until  Couture's return, typically #7 is sitting on the PR.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 18, 2022, 07:26:18 PM
Dobson is #6, one extra is good enough backup for the entire O-line and the way they normally did it up until  Couture's return, typically #7 is sitting on the PR.

Ya, if Ko-man is out for the year (hope not!) we should still be ok with Gray-Couture-Neufeld and Dobson as the backup.  Dobson has been very good at guard when he's been in, and could sub in for an injury.  Not sure who snaps if it's Couture who gets hurt though.  Probably Dobson.

Hopefully Ko-man was just a temp owie and worked it off in the ice tub.  Lucky that we get the bye right now.

Is it still possible to dial up Eli should we find ourselves in a bind?  Or are you unable to hire couch-sitters past a certain date?  Probably have to offer him big money and an apology, though.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

From CFL transactions page Als pick up recent Bomber PR cut Jakub SZOTT.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 19, 2022, 07:11:41 PM
From CFL transactions page Als pick up recent Bomber PR cut Jakub SZOTT.

:o :o :o This gonna bite us in our posterior  :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.