TiCats at Als GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 23, 2022, 11:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: The Zipp on September 24, 2022, 02:25:08 AM
Hamilton gave it away.  Helped Sask get a cross over
Hard to imagine that this same team laid a pretty severe licking on us....!?
Bomber fan for life

Tee42

We are in for another challenge next week. Injuries are going to kill us.

Austin85

Al's beat the tiger cats shows how terrible we played last week. Tiger cats are a brutal team we should of never lost to them. We took that game for granted, you can't do that to win. I know we have injured players to but we are still great.

Tee42

Week before a bye. Yep. It?s great to have the buy close to the end. But you lose focus. And we are not the same team as we were in 2021. We can do it, but, it?s not going to be pretty.

GOLDMEMBER

TiCats had a flash in the pan game against us. No worries here.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 24, 2022, 02:45:57 AM
Hard to imagine that this same team laid a pretty severe licking on us....!?
Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 24, 2022, 03:24:03 AM
TiCats had a flash in the pan game against us. No worries here.

Here's what I think happened.  HAM knew WPG was going to put up 30+ on them and just game-planned around being a no-fear risk-on team.  They really had nothing to lose to risk it all on a big win: non-divisional, close to out of playoffs, have to impress the home fans in an off-year.  What better way than to beat the hated GC rivals WPG?

Evans was still chucking great balls in this MTL game, but Condell was being far more cautious.  I think HAM bet that MTL wasn't going to put up more than 21 and so played to just beat that score.  No need for 5 TDs, just play a defensive game.  It didn't work out because MTL played a slightly better game.

Also notice how WPG and MTL held HAM to about the same rush yards (WPG slightly better).  Our run D game isn't as bad as it seems.

HAM did continue the Evans-instant-throw timing-route thing they killed our DE's with.  I think that works well for them and we should be doing more of that when teams are able to pressure.  There's (almost) no defense against those timing outs and hitches.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Praying for Randle Jr.  That massive hose he got from his own team mate Richard Leonard (thanks TLB for correction) was one of the worst in a while.  Good on T.Harris for the heartfelt wishes he spent most of his Lu post-game expressing.

Is that Randle guy in any way related to our old DB Randle?  Glad to hear he can move all 4 limbs.  On field it looked like his legs were immobile.

Further: I was thinking Leonard might get a spearing/headfirst tackle fine, even though it's HAM on HAM, but looking at it again it's just bad luck and he couldn't have know his team mate was behind Lewis when Lewis dodged the blow (smart move by Lewis BTW, watch the slow-mo, brilliant body control).
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 24, 2022, 04:57:52 AM
Praying for Randle Jr.  That massive hose he got from his own team mate AC Leonard was one of the worst in a while.  Good on T.Harris for the heartfelt wishes he spent most of his Lu post-game expressing.

Is that Randle guy in any way related to our old DB Randle?  Glad to hear he can move all 4 limbs.  On field it looked like his legs were immobile.

Further: I was thinking Leonard might get a spearing/headfirst tackle fine, even though it's HAM on HAM, but looking at it again it's just bad luck and he couldn't have know his team mate was behind Lewis when Lewis dodged the blow (smart move by Lewis BTW, watch the slow-mo, brilliant body control).

It was Richard Leonard, not AC Leonard the Rider DE famous for "Pee-Gate".

TecnoGenius

Also, HAM was missing Wynn for this MTL game.  That is a massive hole in their DL.  He's a dirty rotten player (remember Strevie's rant?) but he's one of the best.  Insanely good block-shedder.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 24, 2022, 04:53:58 AM
Here's what I think happened.  HAM knew WPG was going to put up 30+ on them and just game-planned around being a no-fear risk-on team.  They really had nothing to lose to risk it all on a big win

Taking crazy chances is a part of a good strategy against a team you have no business beating. If you get the first couple the players start to believe and momentum is yours. What's the alternative? Play safe and wait to lose in the 4th? No, you go all in.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

Hoping for the best for Randle in his recovery. It was a big hit but he was moving his arms and legs which was a good sign. The CFL medical teams take the utmost precaution so lets hope this was that and he's up and walking normally today. At best he's going to have some neck pain for a while.

As far as the game, no passing TD's for Evans after a career game against us. Go figure.

Hamilton may have just blown their chance of remaining in the play off hunt.  They have to win 3 more out of remaining 4 games than the Riders. That likely means winning out and expecting the Riders to only win 1 more game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

I dunno. Riders play us and Calgary twice, as well as the Ticats. Ticats play the Riders, and Ottawa twice....I m thinking the Cats beat the Redblacks and the Riders, at home, they're in. Going to go down to the wire though....

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 24, 2022, 05:21:59 PM
I dunno. Riders play us and Calgary twice, as well as the Ticats. Ticats play the Riders, and Ottawa twice....I m thinking the Cats beat the Redblacks and the Riders, at home, they're in. Going to go down to the wire though....

The SSK@HAM game will be epic.  It will almost certainly decide which one gets that final East playoff slot.  The tears in Riderville will be flowing that night.  Rider forum will be blowing up.  I'll be lovin' it.  I'll even tune in to Ballsy, that dude doesn't hold back.
Never go full Rider!