Bombers' Injuries in Banjo Bowl

Started by Sergio105, September 13, 2022, 02:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio105

Any news on other injuries from Banjo Bowl besides Taylor? e.g. Wolitarski?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

pjrocksmb

I have no news but I expect it's not great

LXTSN

I did see a picture of Wolitarski in a full on leg/knee brace after the game. I'd imagine that can't be good.
Very interested to hear about Stanley Bryant as well...

pjrocksmb

I didn't see that brace thanks for the update.  Yes Bryant is key.

Waffler

I thought Wolitarski's knee went sideways upon hitting a helmet. Thinking it is serious also.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Lincoln Locomotive

Might need some Winnipeg Rifles at this rate.....help!!
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Taylor's injury could be serious. I'm not sure what Noah Hallett's situation was but he did walk to the dressing room and I didn't notice any limp etc.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Bryant and Demski both injured early in the game but played after that. I expect many players taking a couple of extra days off this week, and then we have our 2nd. bye week.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 13, 2022, 04:17:34 PM
Taylor's injury could be serious. I'm not sure what Noah Hallett's situation was but he did walk to the dressing room and I didn't notice any limp etc.

Real pity, I believe that was his first game back after a long recovery, good reason not to rush the return of B.A. or Couture.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 13, 2022, 05:22:07 PM
Real pity, I believe that was his first game back after a long recovery, good reason not to rush the return of B.A. or Couture.

Fair enough but it could be totally unrelated to previous injury. My initial thought without actually seeing what happened on field was a possible concussion protocol check. As I mentioned he walked off to the dressing room. Obviously that's just a guess and some injuries that don't look serious can be quite serious.

So we'll see what happens to him as well as Taylor and Woli.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 13, 2022, 05:22:07 PM

Ya, first game back for No. Hallett.  Couldn't tell what happened to him.  Hopefully it was concussion protocol and not a non-contact injury (that sounds strange saying it but it's true from a time-on-IR perspective).  Was it on a ST play when he got injured?

Woli: at first I thought it was another non-contact injury but on TV you can see exactly what happens and I don't think it's as bad as I feared.  He got rolled on but it wasn't too bad.  I'm trying to decide if it looks like his ankle took the worst of it or the knee.  If it was the knee, it may be more minor than a full ACL or MCL.  Just guessing.

Having Woli back for the playoffs is vital so I will remain optimistic.  (Plus, on the sidelines his demeanour was ok, and other players weren't giving him the "sorry you're out till next year" treatment.)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I looked again at the Noah Hallett injury play.  It's just before the commercial before 4Q12:58.

He's full sprint down on ST, then changes direction to engage his guy, takes a few steps, stops/changes again, and crumples with the ankle a bit off to the side and one knee locked in place.  All non-contact.  He's holding his left knee and doesn't seem to be in major pain, but is clearly not happy about it.

My guess is knee injury.  ACL?  Hard to guess so far, reluctant to be sure of anything after AH's miraculous '21 recovery.
Never go full Rider!

Ducky

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 13, 2022, 10:04:36 PM
I looked again at the Noah Hallett injury play.  It's just before the commercial before 4Q12:58.

He's full sprint down on ST, then changes direction to engage his guy, takes a few steps, stops/changes again, and crumples with the ankle a bit off to the side and one knee locked in place.  All non-contact.  He's holding his left knee and doesn't seem to be in major pain, but is clearly not happy about it.

My guess is knee injury.  ACL?  Hard to guess so far, reluctant to be sure of anything after AH's miraculous '21 recovery.

One worry when there is not major pain is the injury is more severe.  Full tears generally hurt less than partial tears.

pjrocksmb

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 14, 2022, 12:47:19 AM
Oh no didn't know about Hallett

It's the "other" Hallett, so don't worry too much.  He's seen limited game reps where he hasn't been injured.  Not saying he's not good, just saying we haven't been able to see much yet.
Never go full Rider!