Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchean September 4, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 03, 2022, 05:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Here's the play in question, I wish there was another angle because it looks like there may have been head contact as well.

https://twitter.com/ticatsroar/status/1566590521862135810

Waffler

Here's a scenario not out of the realm of possibility, Ottawa hangs in, gets Masoli back and finishes second. Regina is the crossover and they meet in the eastern semi. This is what the leagues wants? Endless replays of this clown cheap shotting marquee names? Or do they want people talking about a football game? 92 gotta go.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

NewBlue

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 05, 2022, 06:52:38 AM
Here's the play in question, I wish there was another angle because it looks like there may have been head contact as well.

https://twitter.com/ticatsroar/status/1566590521862135810

I hate how ZC blindly turns to the other side on those plays.....that's just asking for something bad. Been noticing it more lately.
Not defending Marino at all, just saying if ZC doesn't turn that doesn't happen.

Blue In BC

Quote from: 55StickCar on September 05, 2022, 01:53:04 AM
Almost certain Marino will get suspended for that late hit on Zach.

He has very few chances left. Too much of a liability.
Would not be surprised if he is released soon.

On 3rd down nation there is a comment about this play. O'Shea was told that the command center had reviewed the hit and it was deemed legal!!!
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

A very slow start for the team again especially on the Riders 1st drive. After that the team recovered and nearly shut down their scoring. Only 1 point given up in the 2nd half.

Gauthier played at WIL instead of Briggs which surprised me but he was the teams leading tackler. I haven't re-watched the game but he seemed to be playing well?

Rutledge only had 1 DT and Thomas had none?   

I found the distribution of DT's curious but not really sure what that meant yet. Different alignment strategy or the Riders just targeting different areas ( perceived weaknesses )???

Hallett made at least two big plays. One hit that forced an incomplete pass and NONE bigger than his late game int.

Hansen appeared to be seriously injured. Very unfortunate for him and the team. I'm guessing he ends up on the 6 game IR but whether he can return at the end of the season is a TBD.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Riders D came as advertised and although we only allowed one point in the second half they only allowed 3 and it came off the toe of Legghio from midfield!    The Riders could have won this game if it weren't for their  taking undisciplined penalties and throwing that completely unnecessary pass when they were in a position to run down the clock and kick a game winning FG.    That pass attempt over the middle in that situation is highly questionable and Cody was pressured just enough by WJ for him to throw high and behind Hickson who tipped it up for Hallet.   That was a play gift wrapped for the Bombers.....yet they still had to run down the clock with enough time on the clock for the Riders to get the ball back.   All the Riders had left was 8 seconds and a Hail Mary throw with 8 seconds left....and we didn't take a PI on that last heave or there could have been another shot.   

The Riders played hard and I expect the same from them in the Banjo Bowl.    What beat them on Sunday was their abhorrent lack of discipline and the lack of control Dickenson has over his team as a whole.    He defended Marieno after the dirty hit and he took another shot at a vulnerable QB without a penalty.....the reffing in the CFL is soooooo inconsistent especially when it comes to protecting our QBs.   
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 05, 2022, 02:28:19 PM
Riders D came as advertised and although we only allowed one point in the second half they only allowed 3 and it came off the toe of Legghio from midfield!    The Riders could have won this game if it weren't for their  taking undisciplined penalties and throwing that completely unnecessary pass when they were in a position to run down the clock and kick a game winning FG.    That pass attempt over the middle in that situation is highly questionable and Cody was pressured just enough by WJ for him to throw high and behind Hickson who tipped it up for Hallet.   That was a play gift wrapped for the Bombers.....yet they still had to run down the clock with enough time on the clock for the Riders to get the ball back.   All the Riders had left was 8 seconds and a Hail Mary throw with 8 seconds left....and we didn't take a PI on that last heave or there could have been another shot.   

The Riders played hard and I expect the same from them in the Banjo Bowl.    What beat them on Sunday was their abhorrent lack of discipline and the lack of control Dickenson has over his team as a whole.    He defended Marieno after the dirty hit and he took another shot at a vulnerable QB without a penalty.....the reffing in the CFL is soooooo inconsistent especially when it comes to protecting our QBs.   

I usually respect Dickenson for being so candid but in his post-game interview he suggests the Bomber players are well schooled in drawing penalties.  He also goes on to say he knew he'd lose the challenge but called it anyway just to make a point.  Incomprehensible in such a close game.

https://www.riderville.com/2022/09/04/craig-dickenson-september-4th-post-game/

TBURGESS

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 05, 2022, 03:11:02 PM
I usually respect Dickenson for being so candid but in his post-game interview he suggests the Bomber players are well schooled in drawing penalties.  He also goes on to say he knew he'd lose the challenge but called it anyway just to make a point.  Incomprehensible in such a close game.

Assuming Dickenson is right, it's called being well coached.

Take the push off for example. It absolutely was a push off, but does it get called if our DB doesn't 'embellish' it like a soccer player?
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 05, 2022, 03:22:49 PM
Assuming Dickenson is right, it's called being well coached.

Take the push off for example. It absolutely was a push off, but does it get called if our DB doesn't 'embellish' it like a soccer player?

I don't think Rose embellished the fall, he was doing everything he could to knock the ball down and simply lost his balance after the push off.  If you said Leggs has a tendency to embellish hits like a soccer player, I would agree with you.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Loved that Sara got so much love yesterday. Sara will be missed.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

RebusRankin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 05, 2022, 03:11:02 PM

Saying another team is skilled at drawing penalties is saying they're cheating and is just whining. Riders led the CFL in penalties so by CD's logic everybody in the CFL is good at drawing penalties. Comment is a great example of why their team has issues. No accoutability.

dd

Quote from: RebusRankin on September 06, 2022, 01:42:06 AM
Saying another team is skilled at drawing penalties is saying they're cheating and is just whining. Riders led the CFL in penalties so by CD's logic everybody in the CFL is good at drawing penalties. Comment is a great example of why their team has issues. No accoutability.
Bingo. It?s not that they were committing the fouls, it?s the other team was drawing them. What crap. How did the Bomber player ?draw? Williams into taking his misconduct penalty. Just a ridiculous statement.