Elks roster shuffling

Started by Blue In BC, September 02, 2022, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Elks have traded 3 players already this week. Starting DB Sonnier has been released and a few players added to PR.

Last week I think the TSN folks said the Elks have had over 83 players play so far this year. This must be some sort of bad record in the works. Yikes!!

It's only Friday so we might still see some non injury related changes for this weeks game.

EDIT: Forgot to mention there is some speculation that Lawler might be headed to 6 game IR. Since Elks almost zero chance of a playoff game, there is some motivation to save some SMS I suppose. He as limping significantly last week, so I'm not suggesting he is not actually injured. Just that he may not see another game in 2022 as a result.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

If I was seeing progress, I might think Jones is some kind of mad scientist genius.  Seems more like making moves for it's own sake though. Must be tough for fans brought up on the "old team name" way. This is the opposite of building history through continuity, do things right, be a first class organization. With no crossover possible it seems Elks will be first team eliminated from a playoff berth.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Ridermania

Edmonton Elks have traded Canadian offensive lineman David Beard and a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2023 CFL Draft to Hamilton in exchange for Canadian offensive lineman Jesse Gibbon and a second-round pick in the 2023 CFL Draft.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Ridermania on September 02, 2022, 03:53:00 PM
Edmonton Elks have traded Canadian offensive lineman David Beard and a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2023 CFL Draft to Hamilton in exchange for Canadian offensive lineman Jesse Gibbon and a second-round pick in the 2023 CFL Draft.

Very weird.  Sounds like a downgrade to me.  Nothing makes sense in EDM.
Never go full Rider!

winbear

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 02, 2022, 05:52:19 PM
Very weird.  Sounds like a downgrade to me.  Nothing makes sense in EDM.

Going younger and cheaper.  Seems like a SMS decision to me.

Blue In BC

Quote from: winbear on September 02, 2022, 06:32:30 PM
Going younger and cheaper.  Seems like a SMS decision to me.

Or his name just happened to come up on the " wheel of misfortune " spun every week. At least Beard might get a play off check in Montreal.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Don t count on it. Thx hey couldn?t beat lowly Ottawa tonight at home!!

The west will crossover and play in the east playoffs and rightfully so, the east teams are pathetic!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on September 03, 2022, 02:16:25 AM

The west will crossover and play in the east playoffs and rightfully so, the east teams are pathetic!!
Ottawa coming on with Arbuckle now though!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on September 03, 2022, 02:16:25 AM

Beard was traded to Hamilton.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 03, 2022, 01:54:09 PM
Beard was traded to Hamilton.
His chances of a playoff cheque are even worse there!!

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on September 03, 2022, 02:35:51 PM
His chances of a playoff cheque are even worse there!!

Better than zero chance in Edmonton. Hamilton can finish anywhere from 1st to 4th in the East.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Tiger

Dumb trade
After lots of signings and cuts.
Rationalization
Calling fans and media critical amateurs
Hmm

He better start winning next year ?. On the other hand he may have a future in politics

https://3downnation.com/2022/09/03/despite-amateur-opinions-elks-chris-jones-believes-second-round-pick-is-good-value-for-top-centre-david-beard/
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Tiger

Bo Jackson

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

the paw

Quote from: Tiger on September 03, 2022, 06:25:08 PM
Good recap of  Jones trades

https://3downnation.com/2022/09/03/grading-every-trade-of-the-edmonton-elks-second-chris-jones-era/

And the trades are only part of his gutting the team.

Jones decided not to retain Boateng or Betts (even though he wants to play a NTL on the line in Makana Henry).  He also released Mike Jones, Shai Ross and Tevaun Smith, all of whom are better than the CDN receiver he kept.

What a clown show.
grab grass 'n growl