Main Menu

Crispy crunch...

Started by The Zipp, October 16, 2021, 01:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on November 01, 2021, 05:40:32 PM
Looks like the thread these has made it onto twitter... lot of controversy over Crunchie over there... with Bug Turk getting mentioned...

1) Crunchie is fine. Not a go-to but it's tolerable

2) Big Turk is awful. Just why?
#Ride?

Jesse

Man,  crispy crunches are really good.
My wife is amazing!

gobombersgo

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 01, 2021, 05:48:06 PM

If we are mentioning awful chocolate bars how about adding Bounty to the list. Tooooo much coconut.

Then there's Eat-more.  I dont mind having one every 10 years or so but to be included on my best bar list I need to be willing to eat more than one in one sitting.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 01, 2021, 05:48:06 PM

OK, sidebar.  Bridge Mixture.  Not a chocolate bar, but a chocolate confection.  The faves are the jujubes, which are basically mini big turks.  Next are the mints, love the texture of those.  Raisins and peanuts are ok, and I can pass on the caramels...  

5 different bars in one box/bag.  Have to admit I more than once picked through at Bulk Barn to extra jujubes and mints..  until they actually started selling chocolate covered jujubes on their own...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Is a Crispy Crunch the illegitimate child of a Skor and a Wunderbar?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ModAdmin

Quote from: theaardvark on November 02, 2021, 11:31:19 PM
Is a Crispy Crunch the illegitimate child of a Skor and a Wunderbar?

The bigger question -- is a Crispy Crunch more crispy or crunchy, or neither, or both? Would a better name for the bar be Crunchy Crisp?  This thread has raised some pretty important questions and concerns.

Now the thread with the most views on the forum is the NHL Discussion (Other than the Jets) thread with 1,027,955 views.  I think this thread will top that number.........not!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_or_die

Two comments today:

1) Jujubes are way different than Big Turk. Jujubes are fabulous unless put into a chocolate bar so saying they're related is incorrect.

2) Eat More is pretty good although I haven't had one since I was a kid. Never seen it in a Halloween candy mix but it would be a welcome change. I'd put it in the same category as Crunchie.
#Ride?

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 03, 2021, 02:50:41 PM
Two comments today:

1) Jujubes are way different than Big Turk. Jujubes are fabulous unless put into a chocolate bar so saying they're related is incorrect.

2) Eat More is pretty good although I haven't had one since I was a kid. Never seen it in a Halloween candy mix but it would be a welcome change. I'd put it in the same category as Crunchie.

Again, if purity was a factor, we'd have nothing but Hershey bars and Jersey Milks.

Combining flavours and textures is what makes a candy bar unique.  A Mr. Big and an Oh Henry are totally different bars, yet exactly the same except one is a wafer centre and one is a big chunk of fudge.  Jujubes are great, chocolate is great, but chocolate coated Jujubes are delicious, and in my opinion, better together than eaten alone.  The sum is greater than the parts.

As to Eatmore, it was my mom's favourite, and I could never understand why, but upon further reflection, I think the components are reminders of a simpler time when molasses and peanuts were treats... for me, they are a nostalgic memory of her sharing her treat with us, (we did not often get candy as children) and taste far better than they do for that reason only...  without that link, I think I would not give an Eatmore even a 1 star review, and wonder why anyone would make one.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on November 03, 2021, 04:07:01 PM
Again, if purity was a factor, we'd have nothing but Hershey bars and Jersey Milks.

Combining flavours and textures is what makes a candy bar unique.  A Mr. Big and an Oh Henry are totally different bars, yet exactly the same except one is a wafer centre and one is a big chunk of fudge.  Jujubes are great, chocolate is great, but chocolate coated Jujubes are delicious, and in my opinion, better together than eaten alone.  The sum is greater than the parts.

As to Eatmore, it was my mom's favourite, and I could never understand why, but upon further reflection, I think the components are reminders of a simpler time when molasses and peanuts were treats... for me, they are a nostalgic memory of her sharing her treat with us, (we did not often get candy as children) and taste far better than they do for that reason only...  without that link, I think I would not give an Eatmore even a 1 star review, and wonder why anyone would make one.

Wrong on both counts. Try again.
#Ride?

The Zipp

i do enjoy an Eatmore once in a while - they travel well as they aren't really a chocolate bar and can handle higher heat without completely melting, but when they do melt look out cause they will become part of something they sat on....i seem to recall leaving one on the back window of our car as a kid...not good....

BM (Bridge mixture) is a great snack - their Jujubes are excellent, there is always too many of the chalky mints for my liking though.

Bulk Barn is a great place for sweet and salty snacks.  Chocolate almonds and cashews are great.

and no I am not a old man but chocolate covered ginger hits different - bulk barn has some, Purdy's and Laura Secord have some as well.  The ginger is hot/sweet then covered in a semi-sweet dark chocolate is a very nice way to end a meal.  You can't really just pig out on them either so that is good.

Bounty is great - Almond Joy from the states is better.

Honestly the only really terrible chocolate treat is Crispy Crunch....

blue_gold_84

I didn't know chocolate covered jujubes were even a thing... I'm sad now that I do know. Blegh.

Anyone else been piggin' out on leftover Halloween candy? I've eat so many mini Mars bars the last few days. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 03, 2021, 06:42:13 PM
I didn't know chocolate covered jujubes were even a thing... I'm sad now that I do know. Blegh.

Anyone else been piggin' out on leftover Halloween candy? I've eat so many mini Mars bars the last few days. :D

Trying to slow down. Going poorly...
#Ride?

drahgon

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 03, 2021, 06:42:13 PM

Fortunately/unfortunately we had so many kids that we ran out of candy by 830. There wasn't even any left to buy at the local Sobey's or Shoppers that evening when I went to reload.

Jesse

Quote from: drahgon on November 04, 2021, 06:19:51 PM
Fortunately/unfortunately we had so many kids that we ran out of candy by 830. There wasn't even any left to buy at the local Sobey's or Shoppers that evening when I went to reload.

Yeah, the kids trick or treating bags are what's killing me.

Eatmore is great, but I don't think I've ever seen one in the Halloween candy mix, so it's been awhile.

Had my first coffee crisp today, continues to be amazing.

Quote from: theaardvark on November 03, 2021, 04:07:01 PM

I gotta say aards, you are adding nothing but nonsense to this discussion.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on November 04, 2021, 07:38:39 PM
I gotta say aards, you are adding nothing but nonsense to this discussion.

Why, thank you.  Pretty sure that is what this thread is all about...