Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

Still no official word, press release or the almighty Press Conference, announcing our new coach
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 02, 2022, 12:23:25 PM
Move wreaks on old boys club lore down at true north. Jets mediocrity will continue. Chipman is more about keeping people happy than winning.

What are you talking about?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on July 02, 2022, 08:19:51 PM
Hiring Ex-jets...
This and Chipman always seems to hire people whom has a history with him or the Jets. Chevy is never going anywhere plus Zinger Huddy Vincent Flaherty are all classic examples and are only released after super extended terrible play periods.. It is retread central with the Jets. It is not confidence inspiring.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

To get, we the fans, a little more amped with the ?Bones? signing, it would be really terrific to hear
names of assistant coaches to gain our early confidence
Heard Arniel?s name mentioned weeks earlier as potential assistant ??. works for me
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on July 02, 2022, 08:19:51 PM
Hiring Ex-jets...

A totally different franchise/organization.

This isn't some "old boys club" hiring, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 03, 2022, 05:59:35 PM
A totally different franchise/organization.

This isn't some "old boys club" hiring, though.

You?re entitled to your opinion.

There is quite a long history of hiring practices within this organization that indicates otherwise though?
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on July 03, 2022, 07:10:34 PM
You?re entitled to your opinion.

There is quite a long history of hiring practices within this organization that indicates otherwise though?

Such as?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

After Barry it did matter who we signed, most fans were not going to be happy.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2022, 10:46:53 PM
After Barry it did matter who we signed, most fans were not going to be happy.

100% and I freely admit I was going to be disappointed no matter what. But this kind of reeks of either having no viable options that wanted to come here - or just the buddy system.

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 03, 2022, 08:31:49 PM
Such as?

Heisinger, Chevy, Claude Noel, Wade Flaherty, Mark Morrison, Eric Dubois, Drew Macintyre, Jimmy Roy, Mike Keane?.essentially the whole front office staff to be honest.

Now we?re going to hire Bowness, Arniel, and Baumgartner to make up our coaching staff.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Seriously, does that inspire confidence?

At best former fourth line guys or never we?re

I fear the leadership is severely absent.

Career non winners
Sorry, but this does not motivate me to purchase a ticket.

Pigskin

Quote from: DM83 on July 04, 2022, 12:17:10 PM
Seriously, does that inspire confidence?

At best former fourth line guys or never we?re

I fear the leadership is severely absent.

Career non winners

I don't really care if the coach is a 1st. line or 4th. line former player. As long as he can help improve this team.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on July 03, 2022, 11:16:26 PM
Heisinger, Chevy, Claude Noel, Wade Flaherty, Mark Morrison, Eric Dubois, Drew Macintyre, Jimmy Roy, Mike Keane?.essentially the whole front office staff to be honest.

Now we?re going to hire Bowness, Arniel, and Baumgartner to make up our coaching staff.

How are Cheveldayoff, Morrison, or Dubois "old boys club" hires? Also, the majority of those you named are all part of the Moose organization more than anything. Noel hasn't been here for over eight years and his replacement wasn't an "old boys club" hire, either.

Bowness has never been an employee of the Jets 2.0 in any capacity. Furthermore, who would be a better fit here based on Trotz declining and the Bruins getting the jump on Montgomery?

This whole narrative about favoritism seems like a weird hill upon which to die when complaining about Bowness being hired as HC. The valid criticism should be what he brings to the table as a coach, IMO.

Quote from: DM83 on July 04, 2022, 12:17:10 PM

Then don't.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

Been coaching since 1988, and only been in he playoffs 3 times, never won nothing. Nothing else to say. Do you think he?s amasingly going to start winning here?? No, we re not. Gross signing that screams we couldn?t get a real coach

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on July 04, 2022, 11:28:36 PM
Been coaching since 1988, and only been in he playoffs 3 times, never won nothing. Nothing else to say. Do you think he?s amasingly going to start winning here?? No, we re not. Gross signing that screams we couldn?t get a real coach

What "real" coach would you like instead? What an insipid comment.

And FWIW, he had a winning record in Dallas.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.