Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on June 07, 2022, 02:11:35 PM
Probably the least surprising award of the year... no way anyone else should have gotten a first vote.

Didn't take long for you to come back.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on June 07, 2022, 04:13:32 PM
Didn't take long for you to come back.
Lol... I guess my controversial opinion here was too much...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Sounds like the Jets' short list includes Jim Montgomery as a potential HC, and he's got ties to several individuals to the organization, including Heisinger, Roy, and Arniel (not hired yet but all indications are he's going to be).

It seems pretty apparent Trotz is their top candidate, and rightfully so considering what's at stake, but good on the Jets for putting in the legwork and casting a wide net to keep their options open to potential suitors should Trotz not pan out as hoped.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 10, 2022, 05:45:54 PM
Sounds like the Jets' short list includes Jim Montgomery as a potential HC, and he's got ties to several individuals to the organization, including Heisinger, Roy, and Arniel (not hired yet but all indications are he's going to be).

It seems pretty apparent Trotz is their top candidate, and rightfully so considering what's at stake, but good on the Jets for putting in the legwork and casting a wide net to keep their options open to potential suitors should Trotz not pan out as hoped.

I am sure the Jets would like to have a HC in place before the draft.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

One of the talking heads said he expected some clarity on the coaching market this week. Friedman, maybe?
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

One less team vying for Trotz as Vegas has signed former Bruins coach Cassidy
Definitely agree that a coach signed before the Draft is a positive step
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Dubois has reportedly told the Jets he intends to test the FA waters in two years; the Jets want him to sign long-term: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/dubois-informs-jets-he-plans-to-test-free-agency-in-2024-team-wants-to-keep-him/

Not good news.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Really awful that this came out for all to hear.
Leverage for the Jets, if it became a trade him situation, just got substantially worse for Chevy
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jockitch on June 23, 2022, 05:11:26 PM
Really awful that this came out for all to hear.
Leverage for the Jets, if it became a trade him situation, just got substantially worse for Chevy

Something stinks within the organization but it's hard to know what and how badly.

New HC has his work cut out. I hope whoever it is can get things straightened out before long and we can hear Dubois changing his tune.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Aards, you still wanna give this guy the C?
Trade him to Philly and fire his Dad!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

And Mcntyre reported that Blake Wheeler is actively being shopped (suggested to PM in Florida).

Things are definitely [rumoured to be] happening.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on June 23, 2022, 05:51:19 PM
And Mcntyre reported that Blake Wheeler is actively being shopped (suggested to PM in Florida).

Things are definitely [rumoured to be] happening.

That's a big contract to try and dump. I'd imagine the Jets would have to retain salary but I'm also wondering what the return would be.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 23, 2022, 07:27:02 PM
That's a big contract to try and dump. I'd imagine the Jets would have to retain salary but I'm also wondering what the return would be.

It definitey include retaining salaray and possibly sending a prospect as well.
My wife is amazing!