Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Hellebuyck carried the team to victory last night.

Imagine thinking the Jets would be better without him.  :-\
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

What a cringe fest for the first bit... 4 shots in period one.. ouch.

New blood, but too much shuffling. 

Helle showed up, hope he keeps this up.  Right time to get hot.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Will Comrie start tonight ?? my guess is yes
Tomorrow HellB can shine against Laine?s shot
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on March 24, 2022, 03:06:40 PM
Will Comrie start tonight ?? my guess is yes
Tomorrow HellB can shine against Laine?s shot

Most media is guessing Helle wil start both and We'll see Comrie on Sunday.
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jesse on March 24, 2022, 04:22:15 PM
Most media is guessing Helle wil start both and We'll see Comrie on Sunday.

I'm fine with riding our best players as hard as possible for as long as we're in the playoff mix.
#Ride?

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 24, 2022, 05:24:22 PM
I'm fine with riding our best players as hard as possible for as long as we're in the playoff mix.

Hard to sit him tonight coming off his last game. The three games in four night requires him to start two of them, at least. Might as well be the first two.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jesse on March 24, 2022, 05:50:37 PM
Hard to sit him tonight coming off his last game. The three games in four night requires him to start two of them, at least. Might as well be the first two.

Yeah, and we need to beat what should be a lesser team on paper. We're in nooooooo position to be taking any team likely.

My point being, if we had been in a playoff spot all year and it wouldn't kill us to take any sort of risk, we'd be playing Comrie tonight.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 24, 2022, 06:57:56 PM
Yeah, and we need to beat what should be a lesser team on paper. We're in nooooooo position to be taking any team likely.

My point being, if we had been in a playoff spot all year and it wouldn't kill us to take any sort of risk, we'd be playing Comrie tonight.

Jets need to win the next four games to keep their playoff hopes alive. The margin for error is razor thin at this point.

Running Hellebuyck ragged down the stretch should be avoided, so I hope Comrie plays tomorrow if Hellebuyck gets the start tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

And that should likely do it for the Jets. What a brutal collapse in the third.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Big mistake starting CH37 again... I know... he was coming off a hot game, but he must have been drained after that performance, and OTT is a team that Comrie should have been able to hold up against.  With 4 games in 6 days, this was the logical one for CH37 to sit.

In my opinion.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on March 25, 2022, 02:12:00 PM
Big mistake starting CH37 again... I know... he was coming off a hot game, but he must have been drained after that performance, and OTT is a team that Comrie should have been able to hold up against.  With 4 games in 6 days, this was the logical one for CH37 to sit.

In my opinion.

I don't think that's the reason we lost.

Whole team looked like garbage the whole game - as we often do when we have the opprtunity to gain some ground.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on March 25, 2022, 03:00:37 PM
I don't think that's the reason we lost.

Whole team looked like garbage the whole game - as we often do when we have the opprtunity to gain some ground.

You're absolutely right.

The Jets had an opportunity to keep their playoff hopes alive against an opponent already in "next season" mode. They came out flat, sluggish, and seemingly disinterested, with a pretty ugly display on home ice.

Hellebuyck getting the start isn't why they lost.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Helli was rock solid at 1-1. 64 makes a big mistake which turns into a 2 on1. Then 88 isn't taking the body in front of the net on another one. That goal was probably the only ? goal for the night. But with that said, I would have rested Helli and started him tonight. We have a soft defense and are to inconsistent.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Got to admire how well planned out the coaches had the Sens following  ...... jam their blue line and neutral zone.
So frustrating watching our fwds struggle to get, as a unit, over the Sens blue line ..... Del Zotto comes up from the minors and looks great

With Lowry back ...... hopefully, Harkins plays with he and Appleton ....... suggesting Stats plays down on 4th line

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE