Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

We got to see quite a few real nice plays by Jet players and the last goal was beautiful
Some magic happened with skilled Connor, Ehlers hooking up with Mr Determination #80.
Extremely pleased that a 4th goal didn?t get by HellB

Chevy, as many others are, is no doubt nervous bout the condition of Copp. Hopefully he isn?t going down that dark concussion journey again
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

OK, giving up a single to the Blues isn't horrible, as long as we get the 2...

But why, oh why, are MS55 and BW26 on the ice in the final minutes with us ahead?  Is this NOT the definition of what shutdown lines are for?  We should be treating it as a PK with an extra forward...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Well let's see one , Lowry is not a head coach. Two, we only have one really shut down line which is 9/17/71 and 9 was out of the game. After 9/17 our best defensive forwards are 81/80/21/25. But we also have to look at who are D men are out there.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on March 14, 2022, 03:29:54 PM
Well let's see one , Lowry is not a head coach. Two, we only have one really shut down line which is 9/17/71 and 9 was out of the game. After 9/17 our best defensive forwards are 81/80/21/25. But we also have to look at who are D men are out there.

There is one player that has big concerns with 200ft / defensive game.  His butt should be glued to the bench late game with lead.  Sure, 9 was out.  But we still have a lot of defensive minded players, no reason you can't roll 2 lines of de oriented forwards for the last 3 minutes with a lead. 

As to which Dmen, again, no reason you can't roll 2 pairs there as well...  and use your darned timeout...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

I don't agree that we have a lot of D mind forwards. Our 4th line last year was much better in our D zone. However I agree run two line and 2 sets of D men for the last 3 minutes. However this comes back to coaching.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on March 14, 2022, 04:10:14 PM
I don't agree that we have a lot of D mind forwards. Our 4th line last year was much better in our D zone. However I agree run two line and 2 sets of D men for the last 3 minutes. However this comes back to coaching.

We have at least 6 more d oriented than MS55, and/or faster than BW26 was my point...

Pigskin

Very solid win for the Jets. 26 is really playing well right now. Seems to be healthy and has his speed back.

One weak goal, but other then that Helli was solid again tonight.

Nice to see Al17 scoring again. Love the way this guy plays.

theaardvark

Much as this late run give them a shot at playoffs, we are NOT a buyer at the deadline.  Might make sense to hold on to PS25 and AC9 as "own rentals", unless something significant is offered.  We have more than enough depth to replace them, especially once CP91 gets back...

Pigskin

The Jets need a couple of pieces if they want to do anything in the playoffs. Big Ben mite be a good addition to our D.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on March 16, 2022, 05:10:44 PM
The Jets need a couple of pieces if they want to do anything in the playoffs. Big Ben mite be a good addition to our D.

We're not going to do anything in the play-offs and it would be a waste of resources to attempt to pretend otherwise.

Did you see what Daryl Sutter had to say about the last wild card spot?

"A waste of 8 days".
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

Despite the 7-3 score, found the game was definitely won by our players having the hockey gods on their side tonight.
Witnessed how Vegas was using the stretch pass, at times as short as just over their blueline or further, to consistently get out of their end
In contrast ..... Vegas cut off many, many attempts to get out of our end and possession was a difficult chore for our Jets last night.
Our Jet team was not fierce in their cycling on a very consistent basis. Though we outhit them we didn't control much of the play.

HellB was very strong positionally and that was so important ..... as the Vegas team liked to shoot, get the puck again and shoot.
Yet ...... suddenly we got, or made, the chances and the puck found the inch or two opening. Witness Ehlers, Stanley, Wheeler and Connor's goals
HOORAY ...... we scored often and that was without bringing a good "A or even a B" game.

Along with HellB, Lowry (great SHG) was strong with 11 hits, Stanley and Schmidt perhaps had their best ice time together and battled hard.

Chevy please, please .....  find a "rental" vet or two to replace a couple of our low 6 players who are not battle savvy  

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

P. Bergeron is not expected in the lineup tonight for Boston ?? great news for Jets

Wonder why Heinola gets termed as an Emergency Loan to go up with Jets yesterday

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Your not going to win to many games getting out shot 22-4 in a period. Great push in the 3rd. period , but you have to play 60 minutes.

Jockitch

Second period was indeed pathetic to watch and the score flattered the Jets

The comeback to get the tie in the 3rd was terrific and the team was really taking it to the Bruins ??
??. but suddenly Dillon has a brain cramp and despite time to pause and make a good decision,
he seemingly panics and flips the puck over the glass and gets a horrible penalty.
Within that penalty Bruins score and all but the crying was left

Ehlers or the Fly as his teammates call him, gets hauled down and awarded a Penalty shot in the 1st
However, mysteriously he decides not to use any speed while skating in for the potential goal
?????? still wondering why

Spirit was dashed with tonights loss and sadly my alcohol cupboard was bare.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

The Jets got Mason Appleton back for draft pick

Chevy did it to improve the bottom fwds.. great addition

Now ?. is it to Be a Fact or completely a Fictional reason.
1. Is this in anticipation of Copp being traded and Appleton is a helpful fill

2. Is it perhaps Copp won?t be trade cuz Lowry is getting sick from Covid

Hmmm !

HUSTLE & MUSCLE