Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 02, 2022, 06:26:36 PM
aards needs to also give up on his "trade Scheifele" campaign.

Yes, it's getting old.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

I am with Ards this time to trade ol Caribou legs for a Nice kings ransom. The future should start now. We are done!
Fefe has played with no energy grit or heart for almost 2 years. Something has happened to him I do not know what?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

7500 fans for Tuesdays game. Nice to get some energy back into the building.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 02, 2022, 11:29:00 PM
I am with Ards this time to trade ol Caribou legs for a Nice kings ransom. The future should start now. We are done!
Fefe has played with no energy grit or heart for almost 2 years. Something has happened to him I do not know what?

"Caribou legs, no energy, no heart..." "Trade him for a nice kings ransom." LOL :D

Quote from: Pigskin on February 03, 2022, 03:39:36 AM
7500 fans for Tuesdays game. Nice to get some energy back into the building.

Pretty excited about this.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

The problem with trading Scheifele is what you're going to get in return. If you trade him for win now pieces, then how on earth are you going to get a better centre out of that deal? And if you get a winger or defenceman or something how are you going to fill the hole in the middle of the ice and get some depth there for a playoff run? If you're throwing the the towel and doing a rebuild, then you are going to move out more than Scheifele to restock the cupboards for 2 to 5 years down the road. If you do that, there is absolutely no guarantee you draft better players than Scheifele, Connor, Hellebuyck, etc. This isn't the CFL where you can live off free agency and one year contracts. It's going to be several years and there's no guarantees at the end of it. There are a bunch of teams who have had high draft picks and have been rebuilding like, 5-10 years now.

blue_gold_84

Which is to say nothing about his ridiculously friendly contract that still has two years to go.

Trading away #55 would be absurd.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

TSN reporting that if the Jets are to be sellers, it will probably be Copp and PS25. PS25 still chasing a cup. Copp negotiation not going well.

MS55 at 6M a year is a an excellent contract for his skill set.

I wonder if BW26 would be open to a trade, and if anyone would want him with cap hit at 8.25M per.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Pigskin on February 03, 2022, 03:23:06 PM
TSN reporting that if the Jets are to be sellers, it will probably be Copp and PS25. PS25 still chasing a cup. Copp negotiation not going well.

MS55 at 6M a year is a an excellent contract for his skill set.

I wonder if BW26 would be open to a trade, and if anyone would want him with cap hit at 8.25M per.

I would really try to move Wheeler out but we'd have to eat a large chunk of salary. Theoretically possible, but also pretty unlikely I would imagine.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 03, 2022, 03:24:24 PM
I would really try to move Wheeler out but we'd have to eat a large chunk of salary. Theoretically possible, but also pretty unlikely I would imagine.

Salary retention would probably be required on the Jets' part but I can't say I like that idea. It's a pretty untradeable contract at present.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 03, 2022, 02:58:23 PM
Which is to say nothing about his ridiculously friendly contract that still has two years to go.

Trading away #55 would be absurd.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 03, 2022, 02:50:46 PM
The problem with trading Scheifele is what you're going to get in return. If you trade him for win now pieces, then how on earth are you going to get a better centre out of that deal? And if you get a winger or defenceman or something how are you going to fill the hole in the middle of the ice and get some depth there for a playoff run? If you're throwing the the towel and doing a rebuild, then you are going to move out more than Scheifele to restock the cupboards for 2 to 5 years down the road. If you do that, there is absolutely no guarantee you draft better players than Scheifele, Connor, Hellebuyck, etc. This isn't the CFL where you can live off free agency and one year contracts. It's going to be several years and there's no guarantees at the end of it. There are a bunch of teams who have had high draft picks and have been rebuilding like, 5-10 years now.

Not sure we *need* a "C" back for MS55.  It seems to be a depth position for us now... I'd far prefer to re-sign Copp, which gets a lot easier without MS55... both from a $$ standpoint, and a positional standpoint.  Can Copp be a #2 "C"?  With Ehlers and Wheeler? 

Dubois is our defacto #1 "C" now, from all standpoints.  Duboise, Perfetti, Connor is a #1 line that should stay together for a decade, please.

So, do you have MS55 centering line 2?  Or Copp?

You don't need any players back for MS55... picks/prospects are fine.  Its not like we need to bring in someone to take his spot in the lineup.

If you package his good contract with Wheeler's... does that make the potential for the trade easier?  Does anyone have cap space to be a buyer in that deal?  Do we take back a high$  expiring contract to make the numbers work? 

Moving on from Maurice was to get a new voice... but so long as BW26 and MS55 are still doing the talking... did it  change anything?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

So first it was Moe, now it's MS55 and BW26, if that doesn't work who would be next on your list.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on February 03, 2022, 06:03:44 PM
So first it was Moe, now it's MS55 and BW26, if that doesn't work who would be next on your list.

Moe left... said the team needed a new voice...

Lowry was part of that voice, although it seems to have a different tone now, but not getting the results.

MS55 and BW26 were a big part of that voice, and supposed to be the leaders.  Unfortunately, BW26's "lead with hustle" doesn't seem to be working, and MS55, when asked if the team has an identity, said "Nope".  He wears an "A" and is supposed to be a main part of that identity...

Whether Moe lost the room (and these players), or its something else, they obviously need some shaking up.  I have no doubt that if MS55 and BW26 get moved, whoever gets them will get some great production out of them.

Here, I think the void their exit would create gets filled instantly and effectively, regardless what pieces come back.

Next to go?  I think everyone knows... Chevy... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Imagine wanting to keep Copp over Scheifele.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 03, 2022, 07:29:17 PM
Imagine wanting to keep Copp over Scheifele.

AC9: (27). 453 games. 73G, 104A   177 points. Pending UFA.  Last year, 55 games, 39 points. 

MS55: (28). 611 games,  211G, 325A   536 points. Control on a very friendly contract till 2024.  Last year 56 games, 63 points.

So last year MS55 was over a point a game.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on February 03, 2022, 08:00:01 PM
AC9: (27). 453 games. 73G, 104A   177 points. Pending UFA.  Last year, 55 games, 39 points. 

MS55: (28). 611 games,  211G, 325A   536 points. Control on a very friendly contract till 2024.  Last year 56 games, 63 points.

So last year MS55 was over a point a game.

2021-22

Games  G  A  PTS   +/-
AC9          42     12  16  28  +2
MS55        38     10  19  29  -12

Just sayin'