Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

After the first Bruins tended to minimize Jets effort ?.. Pasternak completed the sad show

Does Comrie get in today ??. had coach Lowry committed to him days earlier
Does coach go with HellB cuz he gives Jets best chance ?????
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

I really like the way Toninato and Poganski are playing. Both guys skate well and finish there checks.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Playing a very good game so far. Some iffy penalties.

Bad play by Helli.

NE27 out until mid Feb. not good.

blue_gold_84

A few loser points on a mostly unforgettable road trip.

Nice to see Wheeler back it sucks to see Ehlers out.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

One of the best teams in hockey. Have to play a very good game tonight to get a W.

Pigskin

Well we hung in there, but with a few key pieces out and another bad clearing by Helli, we just didn't have enough.

Really like PL80/CP91/KC81. CP91 is a playmaker.

buckzumhoff

Hellebuck can't stay in his net and he goes down very early. If he wants to play like a defenseman than he should have been one.  Other teams know put the puck behind the net.  The goalie will leave the net

Pigskin

Jet's 4th. line really had a rough night, and the 9/55/26 did nothing most of the night.

Anyone what to fire the coach yet. lol

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on January 26, 2022, 03:24:33 AM
Well we hung in there, but with a few key pieces out and another bad clearing by Helli, we just didn't have enough.

Really like PL80/CP91/KC81. CP91 is a playmaker.

80/91/81 is going to be a stellar line for many years to come, I hope... perfect balance, 2 natural C's... set up guy, sniper and in the paint scoring dirty guy... Chevy needs to make this a long term situation.  In my books, 80>55, so if 26/55/(9)27 is line 2 going forward, I'm ok with that...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on January 28, 2022, 11:53:55 AM
Next season.

So, season ticket refunds an option? 

I get the difficulties facing the team, an the plethora of young guns getting NHL ice time, but the leaders gotta lead.  Wheeler is invisible.  MS55 is invisible.  Helle is far too visible, in the wrong way. 

Ehlers is sorely missed.  Not just for his touch, but for his joy.  This team lost the best player at that when Buff departed, and we need more of that in the locker room.  We have a team of hard working skill players and muckers, but we need some leadership.  The Maurice voice might not have been the problem, it was his top players that were responsible for passing along the message that seem to be the issue. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on January 28, 2022, 03:37:13 PM
So, season ticket refunds an option? 

I get the difficulties facing the team, an the plethora of young guns getting NHL ice time, but the leaders gotta lead.  Wheeler is invisible.  MS55 is invisible.  Helle is far too visible, in the wrong way. 

Ehlers is sorely missed.  Not just for his touch, but for his joy.  This team lost the best player at that when Buff departed, and we need more of that in the locker room.  We have a team of hard working skill players and muckers, but we need some leadership.  The Maurice voice might not have been the problem, it was his top players that were responsible for passing along the message that seem to be the issue. 

Why would refunds be an option?

This team has dealt with its share of injuries, COVID protocol absences, and a head coach stepping down. Saying the leaders aren't leading in spite of all that doesn't make it accurate just because you think so.

Consistency is key. And the Jets don't have much, if any, in this weird season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 28, 2022, 07:16:48 PM
Why would refunds be an option?

This team has dealt with its share of injuries, COVID protocol absences, and a head coach stepping down. Saying the leaders aren't leading in spite of all that doesn't make it accurate just because you think so.

Consistency is key. And the Jets don't have much, if any, in this weird season.

Keep forgetting to put the /sarcastica font before my sarcastic comments... sorry.  Of course people who paid for seasons tickets in a pandemic are stuck with them, minus games cancelled on account of the pandemic...

Yes, consistency is key.  We have had a lot of talent in reserve because we don't want to run out the clock on their ELC's... and "don't want to rush them", while we ice guys like Beaulieu and Poganski ...  Perfetti and Samberg should never don a Moose jersey again.  Maurice is gone, no need to play the vets and coddle the young'uns anymore...

The Zipp

True North Tank is on!!

Should have fired Chevy already.