Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on October 29, 2021, 07:00:01 PM
time to end the "True North" chant in the anthem...they waffled on this.
True North chant was a joke from the start.  Was never a fan of chanting for a mega corporation.  Now its a disgrace.  I won't go to a game until he is gone. 

Pigskin

Like I said earlier, Jets would be crazy to break up71/81/80 or 9/25/27. So maybe 93/17/26 until 55 gets back.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

Jets not really taking advantage of a depleted Sharks team...

Pigskin

Well Helli played well. 81/80 still playing well together. I was hoping to see a vast improvement in our D, I know it's early but not seeing it yet.

theaardvark

Still winless with BW26 on the ice...

Just saying...

NE27, PLD80 and KC81 has to stay together as a line... they are legit #1.  End of discussion...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on October 31, 2021, 04:48:02 PM
Still winless with BW26 on the ice...

Just saying...

NE27, PLD80 and KC81 has to stay together as a line... they are legit #1.  End of discussion...

Well as long as you have End of, lol.

They mite stay together, and they did look good for the last 10 minutes of the 3rd. But we all know Moe does keep lines together very long.

Probably will see 9/55/26 together. 71 has played better then 93 and 12 to this point, so if he's not with 80/81. I guess he will be back on the third line with 17 and 25.

blue_gold_84

In other Jets news, this time of the factual variety, Scheifele skated with the team at practice yesterday.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Sounds like Hellebuyck might be on Emergency paternity leave...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Liked the lines in the first. 81/80/71, 25/9/27, 17/55/26.

Comrie had a pretty good 1st. period.

We really out played Dallas tonight.

Nice to get the 2 points, great OT.

PloenFan

Pleasantly surprised by Comrie this season - 2 wins, 2.40 GAA, .915 save %.
Connor, Dubois and Copp are off to good starts.

blue_or_die

Should have been a clean win but I'll take the two points.

Dubois is exactly who we wanted and expected last year. Can't wait to sign him to a long term deal.

Connor is one of the best skaters I've ever seen.

Comrie is doing all we can ask from him and is providing great value-for-dollar. We only play him when we absolutely need to and so we can expect to win on nights where he plays. Happy for him since he's been in our system since he was a teenager and we all thought he was done, so good for him.

I expect Dallas to go into full rebuild mode after this year. Benn and Seguin aren't scaring anyone anymore, and Holtby is a shadow of his formal self, which are good traits for a division rival.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Nice to see the Dubois and Morrissey critics have crawled back into their holes.

Comrie looks fantastic with the big boys so far. He seems comfortable and confident between the pipes, which bodes well looking ahead.

Dicey third period and it sucks to give a division rival a loser point but I'll take the SO win. Connor and Scheifele both potted beautiful goals.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Agree that it was unfortunate to let Dallas absorb a point but soooooo very happy with the performance & win.
Basic 3 lines certainly had some great moments on the ice, however will take a guess that PM will have them different to start with on Friday
Still not sure why PM & his asst. coaches go with 7 Dmen & the 11 forward look ....... but not complaining

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on November 03, 2021, 08:47:25 PM
Agree that it was unfortunate to let Dallas absorb a point but soooooo very happy with the performance & win.
Basic 3 lines certainly had some great moments on the ice, however will take a guess that PM will have them different to start with on Friday
Still not sure why PM & his asst. coaches go with 7 Dmen & the 11 forward look ....... but not complaining

I liked AL17 with 55/26. Added some grit to that line, and some protection for MS55. Sometimes SM55 gets manhandled a little to much for my liking.

Pigskin

1-8 Black Hawks, I hope the Jets don't take this team lightly.