Official game day thread ...Houston at Kansas City

Started by The Zipp, September 11, 2020, 12:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Might just be talking to myself here...but wow it is good to have football back.   

Pigskin

I was looking for a little more out of the Texans. There D was terrible most of the game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

So good to have football back! I thought the Texans would put up a better fight but they might have regressed a little bit. Hard to tell week 1 without the standard pre-season and training camp I think. The Chiefs still look lethal though.

Blue In BC

I only watched part of the game but it was good to see any football again. Not as sloppy as I expected with no pre-season activity.

Did anyone notice any players using the new face shield? I thought we'd see some starting this year. Couldn't see any player wearing one. Many players don't even wear the old visor which allowed eye protection.

Hmmm. No cheerleaders, or mascots. 15K fans.  Coaches wearing masks / shields most of the time.

Some of those factors were strange to see or not see.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 11, 2020, 02:18:20 PM
I only watched part of the game but it was good to see any football again. Not as sloppy as I expected with no pre-season activity.

Did anyone notice any players using the new face shield? I thought we'd see some starting this year. Couldn't see any player wearing one. Many players don't even wear the old visor which allowed eye protection.

Hmmm. No cheerleaders, or mascots. 15K fans.  Coaches wearing masks / shields most of the time.

Some of those factors were strange to see or not see.

I didn't see players wearing one specifically but I loved Andy Reid's fogged up face shield. It probably did less than nothing but it was hilarious to see just how much more clouded it was each time they came back to it.

Pigskin

I am here KC only had one three and out the whole game.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 11, 2020, 04:25:04 PM
I didn't see players wearing one specifically but I loved Andy Reid's fogged up face shield. It probably did less than nothing but it was hilarious to see just how much more clouded it was each time they came back to it.

I noticed the fog on the bottom of the shield. We'll see how rain and cold impact that going forward. IIRC there were a few mask / shield combos among the coaches overall.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

On Overdrive right now the boys are killing AR for his face mask last night. They believe he still doesn't know if KC won or lost because he could see through the fog.

The Zipp

Some great memes with Andy's face mask going around now. 

I thought the game would have more penalties. 

Imagine if you woke up from a year long coma and the first thing you saw was that game...you would be wondering what world you were from with the face masks and barely any fans. 

Going to be a great day tomorrow with the full slate of games on Red Zone, been waiting so long for football.   Been enjoying the NBA playoffs but honestly NHL is done for me - don't care who wins at all. 

Football is the king of sports!