"Rec Room" at Seasons of Tuxedo

Started by Chris1982, March 27, 2018, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluengold204

Sounds awesome!  Will definitely check it out.

The Zipp

Wish they would build a better theatre in the east part of Winnipeg. KP is just not current anymore - no real big screen, no IMAX...it should really be ?cheap? theatre with the lack of amentities at that location. 

gbill2004

I went to the outlet mall a few months ago on a weekday and it was absolutely dead...there were more employees in the mall than customers.   They're probably hoping this rec room concept will bring more people to the area to shop. 

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 27, 2018, 09:35:11 PM
I went to the outlet mall a few months ago on a weekday and it was absolutely dead...there were more employees in the mall than customers.   They're probably hoping this rec room concept will bring more people to the area to shop. 

We went a couple of weekends ago and it was reasonably busy - the really wide ?aisles? do mask how busy it feels though.  I have yet to be there when it was wall to wall people.  The sports card store is fun to browse through- there really isn?t an alternative in the other main malls..most of the other stores are repeats of what we have already.

Nice place to stroll on a cold winter day or evening.  This rec room thing could be good as it really isn?t replicated anywhere else in the city.

Chris1982

There are only a handful of worthwhile "outlet" stores in that mall.  I was hoping it was going to be similar to the outlets in Albertville, MN.

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on March 27, 2018, 09:51:08 PM
There are only a handful of worthwhile "outlet" stores in that mall.  I was hoping it was going to be similar to the outlets in Albertville, MN.
I agree. It was a complete waste of time and I can?t see myself ever going there again.

blue_or_die

I heard that Albertville is dead these days, not like it was maybe just 5 years ago. I also used to think it was awesome but retail is sinking big time and no one is immune.

Have yet to check out our outlet mall but would like to, just to see. I need a new belt.

Quote from: The Zipp on March 27, 2018, 09:27:32 PM
Wish they would build a better theatre in the east part of Winnipeg. KP is just not current anymore - no real big screen, no IMAX...it should really be ?cheap? theatre with the lack of amentities at that location. 

No kidding, I've been saying that for 15 years. For a mall that serves Transcona, EK, NK, ESP and the other surrounding bedroom communities, it sure lacks. They could convert the old theatre into smaller niche stores or pop-ups, and then build a modern satellite theatre like Polo or Kenaston. A VIP and IMAX would be great too.

...but as I just said above, the movie theatre industry is probably going the way of retail, and gate-driven sports with all the tech making it so easy, cheap, and in  the comforts of home.

#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on March 27, 2018, 09:27:32 PM

It seems like everywhere outside of the south end is getting the shaft these days. KP apparently got a facelift recently but the theatre there is dated and dumpy.

This Rec Room looks like a pretty interesting concept. Maybe if it does well, we'll see another one go up somewhere in the city.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 28, 2018, 12:19:10 PM
I heard that Albertville is dead these days, not like it was maybe just 5 years ago. I also used to think it was awesome but retail is sinking big time and no one is immune.

Have yet to check out our outlet mall but would like to, just to see. I need a new belt.

No kidding, I've been saying that for 15 years. For a mall that serves Transcona, EK, NK, ESP and the other surrounding bedroom communities, it sure lacks. They could convert the old theatre into smaller niche stores or pop-ups, and then build a modern satellite theatre like Polo or Kenaston. A VIP and IMAX would be great too.

...but as I just said above, the movie theatre industry is probably going the way of retail, and gate-driven sports with all the tech making it so easy, cheap, and in  the comforts of home.
Very true that retail is dying.  We are going to soon start seeing strip malls converted to office space and condos. 

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 28, 2018, 12:58:44 PM
Very true that retail is dying.  We are going to soon start seeing strip malls converted to office space and condos. 

Nothing is as it once was.  The internet has taken over the world.  More than 50 percent of Boxing day purchases in Canada are done online. 

wpg#1

Quote from: Chris1982 on March 28, 2018, 07:44:58 PM
Nothing is as it once was.  The internet has taken over the world.  More than 50 percent of Boxing day purchases in Canada are done online. 

People don't realize how this hurts local economies !!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

gbill2004

Quote from: wpg#1 on March 29, 2018, 04:00:53 PM
People don't realize how this hurts local economies !!
I now buy from Amazon as a last resort, only if I cannot get the same product anywhere else, or if the product is significantly cheaper than buying local.  I mostly buy local because it is easier to return if needed, and I prefer supporting the local economy and local jobs. 

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 29, 2018, 04:07:17 PM
I now buy from Amazon as a last resort, only if I cannot get the same product anywhere else, or if the product is significantly cheaper than buying local.  I mostly buy local because it is easier to return if needed, and I prefer supporting the local economy and local jobs. 

What stores do you mostly 'buy local' that can compete with Amazon prices?

gbill2004

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on March 29, 2018, 05:22:57 PM
What stores do you mostly 'buy local' that can compete with Amazon prices?
When I say local, it is not always the mom and pop shops, but places like Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Rona, The Bay etc.  While I am aware that some of them are American owned companies, they at least create local jobs.  Amazon's prices are not that great and are often higher than the local stores.  I recently bought a sump pump from a Winnipeg owned company by Red River College (can't remember the name now) and it was about $50 cheaper than Amazon's price. 

Amazon's service and prices have been going downhill recently.