NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Wow... the deals Chevy has signed seem like larceny in today's market...

BW26 8.25/yr
KC81 7.14/yr
MS55 6.125/yr
JM44 6.25/yr
CH37 6.16/yr
NE27 6/yr (absolute larceny)
PD80 5/yr

About the only contract that might be a tad high is NP4 at 5.85/yr...

For a team "no one want to come play for", Chevy has made some pretty shrewd deals.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

MS55 signed his deal in 2016, I am wondering what he would be asking for today?

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Wheeler's contract isn't necessary aging well.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 18, 2021, 01:20:50 PM
Wheeler's contract isn't necessary aging well.

It was never going to, but let's give him a shot before we condemn him completely.

I think he needs some things taken off his plate. He's been forced to stay on the top line one season too long, I think.

We clearly have other players who are capable of larger roles and it's time to starting decreasing the minutes of our older guys.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on October 27, 2021, 02:19:29 PM
It was never going to, but let's give him a shot before we condemn him completely.

I think he needs some things taken off his plate. He's been forced to stay on the top line one season too long, I think.

We clearly have other players who are capable of larger roles and it's time to starting decreasing the minutes of our older guys.

Who's condemned him? A contract not aging well isn't an indictment of the player who signed it. He's still a heart and soul player on this team and is a strong, capable leader.

I don't think he's a top 3 player at the same level as 2-3 seasons ago but he's still a top 6 player. I agree completely it's time to let a younger player take on a larger on that top line wing and let Wheeler move down to the second line.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 27, 2021, 05:14:17 PM
Who's condemned him? A contract not aging well isn't an indictment of the player who signed it. He's still a heart and soul player on this team and is a strong, capable leader.

I don't think he's a top 3 player at the same level as 2-3 seasons ago but he's still a top 6 player. I agree completely it's time to let a younger player take on a larger on that top line wing and let Wheeler move down to the second line.

Yeah, all I'm trying to say.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

"John Doe" from Chicago is on @SportsCentre tonight...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on October 27, 2021, 10:29:43 PM
"John Doe" from Chicago is on @SportsCentre tonight...

This story is just sickening.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

I am not a big fan of Kadri, but what Binnington did last night was just stupid.

Pigskin

Jockitch

Can?t wait to hear what Binnington  gets ?? hopefully at least 5 games
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Eichel, and a 3rd. round pick in 2023 to Vegas for Tuch, Krebs, a top 10 protected 1st. round pick in 2022, and a 2nd. round pick in 2023. And Eichel will not play until next year, if all goes well.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on November 04, 2021, 08:01:35 PM
Eichel, and a 3rd. round pick in 2023 to Vegas for Tuch, Krebs, a top 10 protected 1st. round pick in 2022, and a 2nd. round pick in 2023. And Eichel will not play until next year, if all goes well.

Wow... Vegas sold the farm on that one... for a player that may never lace 'em up again.  Two active roster players out... including one of their best...

Not questioning whether they are good hockey minds, they've had success so far... but Buffalo must have learned something from trading for Kane...

blue_gold_84

Tuch is on LTIR at the moment after shoulder surgery sidelined him for roughly six months at the end of July. That puts him on track for a potential return in late January. It's not dissimilar from Eichel, whose neck surgery will keep him shelved until at least after the Olympics.

And now Vegas management has to figure out a way to fit Eichel's salary into the roster, as it would put them approx. $10M over the cap once he's activated. I expect another trade before the deadline but that'll put Vegas at a potential disadvantage having their hands tied with severe cap implications.

Looks good on that showboat franchise.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.