The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: Duckman118 on September 01, 2012, 08:07:11 AM
No clearly you blindly hate.
MW2 and Halo 3 were the absolute best shooters of their times.
And although CoD is getting worse, Halo is getting way better. Read this article and watch the video. If you still think that is bad, you are blindly hating...
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/31/halo-4-new-capture-the-flag-tweaks-send-wargames-into-exile

I can't even take this post seriously.

I bet you think Justin Beiber is the greatest musician of all time too huh?

CoD and Halo are TERRIBLE video games. They are entertaining yes, but they are terrible games.

'/>July26<\'

While graphics have improved....Legend of Zelda and Mario still top most lists of all time greats.

Really video gaming leaps were:
Zork
Legend of Zelda
Mario
Halo

Since then mostly me-toos with little new to any of them.  All variations on the same idea.
"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."  Satchel Paige

Colton

Quote from: '/>July26<\' on September 01, 2012, 07:24:15 PM
While graphics have improved....Legend of Zelda and Mario still top most lists of all time greats.

Really video gaming leaps were:
Zork
Legend of Zelda
Mario
Halo

Since then mostly me-toos with little new to any of them.  All variations on the same idea.

I think that list is a little simple, you could have added quite a few games to it that were also huge leaps. Not disagreeing with your selections though.

Duckman118

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on September 01, 2012, 07:32:53 PM
I think that list is a little simple, you could have added quite a few games to it that were also huge leaps. Not disagreeing with your selections though.
Yup, just as i thought. You are like every other person on the internet, only your opinion is right.
Halo is a bad game because this guy over here says so.
CoD is a bad game because this guy over here says so.

So if i say that Uncharted is a terrible game, does that make me right?
What about Bioshock? That game is awful because you know, i said so...

If you actually followed anything Halo 4, you would know how outstanding it's looking.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Duckman118

Quote from: Duckman118 on September 01, 2012, 09:37:04 PM
Yup, just as i thought. You are like every other person on the internet, only your opinion is right.
Halo is a bad game because this guy over here says so.
CoD is a bad game because this guy over here says so.

So if i say that Uncharted is a terrible game, does that make me right?
What about Bioshock? That game is awful because you know, i said so...

If you actually followed anything Halo 4, you would know how outstanding it's looking.
BTW neither of those games i said were terrible actually are, i LOVE them.
But seriously just read up on Halo 4 and look and see what's been done to it.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Colton

Quote from: Duckman118 on September 01, 2012, 09:41:24 PM
BTW neither of those games i said were terrible actually are, i LOVE them.
But seriously just read up on Halo 4 and look and see what's been done to it.

I've seen what's been done to it, nothing at all about the game is groundbreaking.

both the Halo and CoD series have become so stale and generic that free-to-play games are being released the offer an identical experience with the same level of innovation, if not more.

Duckman118

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on September 01, 2012, 09:56:56 PM
I've seen what's been done to it, nothing at all about the game is groundbreaking.

both the Halo and CoD series have become so stale and generic that free-to-play games are being released the offer an identical experience with the same level of innovation, if not more.
Groundbreaking? no.
What shooter is groundbreaking though? Borderlands maybe. Battlefield, Killzone, CoD, MoH, all modern day shooters are basically the same. Even Bioshock follows this formula of gameplay except it has an amazing campaign.
The only shooter that in my mind is truly different, is Tribes Ascend. That game is crazy.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Chester00

wondering what i should play next on ps3 before b ops 2 comes out.

looking forward to the new hitman game too!

Duckman118

Quote from: Chester00 on September 03, 2012, 11:25:09 PM
wondering what i should play next on ps3 before b ops 2 comes out.

looking forward to the new hitman game too!

Well I play tons of Battlefield 3 on Xbox and PC. And the new DLC for Battlefield comes out for PS3 today featuring the biggest map in Battlefield history. Gonna be sick
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

So_Bombed

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on September 01, 2012, 06:57:36 PM
They are entertaining yes, but they are terrible games.

Okay so clearly you missed the point of video games

Colton

Quote from: NeverForgetGregCarr on September 06, 2012, 07:00:13 PM
Okay so clearly you missed the point of video games

Not exactly. You can tap your foot along to the beat of some crappy pop song, but that doesn't mean it's good music.

AngryGreg

anyone hear anything about a new xbox console release date?
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

So_Bombed

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on September 06, 2012, 08:35:36 PM
Not exactly. You can tap your foot along to the beat of some crappy pop song, but that doesn't mean it's good music.

Not the same thing at all.  Music is an art to be appreciated.  Video games are there solely to entertain.  If they aren't buggy and they provide hours of fun to millions, they are good games.

My impression is that you just don't like multiplayer FPS games.  And that's fine, good for you.  But don't slag games just because you don't like the genre... that doesn't make it a bad game.

Colton

Quote from: NeverForgetGregCarr on September 06, 2012, 09:16:01 PM
Not the same thing at all.  Music is an art to be appreciated.  Video games are there solely to entertain.  If they aren't buggy and they provide hours of fun to millions, they are good games.

My impression is that you just don't like multiplayer FPS games.  And that's fine, good for you.  But don't slag games just because you don't like the genre... that doesn't make it a bad game.

Video games are just as much an art as music and movies are.

I love Multiplayer FPS games. I have put an enormous amount of hours into them. I'm likely much younger than you, but I can almost guarantee you have only put in a fraction of the amount of time I have into playing them.

If you are using popularity as the sole factor of what makes a good game, and claim video games are solely to entertain, there is no point in even trying to get anything through to you

blue_gold_84

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on September 06, 2012, 09:31:49 PM
Video games are just as much an art as music and movies are.

If you are using popularity as the sole factor of what makes a good game, and claim video games are solely to entertain, there is no point in even trying to get anything through to you

Agreed. Video games are no less artistic than music, movies, painting, etc.

The popularity of a game doesn't quantify how good or bad it is. Certain genres appeal to the masses more than others but that has nothing to do with the quality of a game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.