Blue Bombers sign 2024 draft selection Michael Chris-Ike

Started by ModAdmin, May 14, 2024, 02:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 15, 2024, 12:14:57 AMRewatch the KW interview on bb.com the other week.  He laid out where he expects all these new DPs to slot in.  Absolutely no one was talked about as a new "RB"... they were all talked about as Miller/Jackson types, maybe who could fill in at RB in a pinch.

It will probably make more sense when we see him in action but TSN described him as more of an upright runner and with his foot speed I'm just suggesting (without seeing him, yet) that he might be a bit of an unusual full back. I highly doubt the Bombers are going to use him like Jackson last year.

Even without seeing him, let's be honest: Full backs don't usually run the fastest 40, 3-cone, and shuttle in the entire CFL Combine and get invites to two NFL rookie camps as a running back.

theaardvark

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 15, 2024, 01:06:25 PMIt will probably make more sense when we see him in action but TSN described him as more of an upright runner and with his foot speed I'm just suggesting (without seeing him, yet) that he might be a bit of an unusual full back. I highly doubt the Bombers are going to use him like Jackson last year.

Even without seeing him, let's be honest: Full backs don't usually run the fastest 40, 3-cone, and shuttle in the entire CFL Combine and get invites to two NFL rookie camps as a running back.

I think the FB/Jackson conjecture is that he is supposedly a ST player, and has the size to be a FB as well. 

He is 1' taller and 8 lbs heavier than Jon Cornish, so could he be a RB in the CFL?  Cornish always seemed to me to run upright as well... Guys like Harris and Brady get the pads low and push, from what I recall, Cornish wasn't that type of runner.

Regardless, his testing and his desire seem to make him prime MOS material, and Buck will find a way to get him in on O, and we will see him on teams, for sure.  He does have gunner speed, and can you imagine the impact he could deliver if he connects?

Might have a new favourite...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Chris-Ike is about the same weight as Oliveria and 3" taller. Oliveria is somewhat of an upright runner as well.

Will have to watch him in pre-season to see how many reps he gets and how he does. He's really a TBD in the role as a back up runner.

My expectation is we have an import on the PR in case of injury. We're down to Chris Smith as the only import in camp. His credentials look fairly solid. He rushed for 238 yards and 2 TD's in one game. Was also a returner so he might even end up as a DI.

Everybody sounds good until they don't. 

I'm not sure if Oliveria is practising yet so maybe anyone at TC can gives us an update on RB's.

Bombers play in the 1st pre season game, 5 days before 7 other teams. Not much time to prepare for next Monday. 

2019 Grey Cup Champions