Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg, July 12, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 11, 2024, 01:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on July 14, 2024, 05:27:48 AMDemski gained a good 3 maybe 5 yards after the catch and the whistle was delayed a good 2 seconds. Ball should have been spotted where the 0lsy went dead after it was deemed a catch. So 2 errors were made. I don't get why command centre can't radio the ref and let him know that vs let them incorrectly spot the ball

Read post # 225 above yours. The point about when the refs think the play is dead may be slightly earlier than the whistle. The most often happens on the goal line as an example and the short yardage play eventually crosses the line. Forward progress is deemed stopped.

We can agree it's not fair, but refs make mistakes. A do over can't be in the mix IMO.The only part of the review we could win was whether it was a completed pass.  I agree with how it worked out but I didn't like it either.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 15, 2024, 01:22:14 PMWe can agree it's not fair, but refs make mistakes. A do over can't be in the mix IMO.The only part of the review we could win was whether it was a completed pass.  I agree with how it worked out but I didn't like it either.

Now imagine it was the GC... If refs don't do their job and follow the clear rules, then there needs to be recourse.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!