Canadian DL David Menard released by BC

Started by VictorRomano, May 03, 2024, 01:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on May 28, 2024, 03:59:08 PMNo, pretty sure Mason Bennett will be starting and Menard rotating in.

Mason also had a chance to sign here in the off season, and didn't like our offer.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on May 28, 2024, 04:04:06 PMMason also had a chance to sign here in the off season, and didn't like our offer.

We will have a plethora of starting Nats, so overpaying a DE because they have the right passport is not wise $SMS usage.

For DE, we will have Jefferson on one side, and someone on an ELC on the other, and possibly an ELC backing up, and someone on the PR who has potential.  Plus any NAT players that stick that have ST potential.

Bennett, Menard, Kongbo are all luxuries we do not need to compromise $SMS for.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on May 28, 2024, 03:59:08 PMNo, pretty sure Mason Bennett will be starting and Menard rotating in.

I've yet to see Mason Bennett do much, don't really understand the hype.

Blueforlife

Next man up on our DL, my bet that man will be decent

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 28, 2024, 07:49:46 PMI've yet to see Mason Bennett do much, don't really understand the hype.

He's been a backup, who has only gotten the start in a couple of games.  When you look at DLine, you look for these things.

Tackles for loss
Tackles for no gain
Knockdowns
Pressures
Sacks

The problem is most fans only look at sacks, they don't look at the other things.  His best season was 2022, he may have had a down year last year.