Will this year be the year we end the Argos GC dominance over us?

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, October 30, 2023, 03:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 01, 2023, 04:50:04 PM
Yeah I'm not too concerned about what happened in 1950 and earlier.
A member of that 1950 team would be 93 today if they were 20 years old in '50.
As for that 1945 team? We are closer to the year 2100 than 1945.

it is ironic that we haven't met the Argos in the GC since the 50s however that fact alone doesn't negate the history between the two clubs.....I was born in 51 so never witnessed any of those losses other than the one last season.    Forgive my superstitions.....however the numbers are what they are
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 30, 2023, 05:10:12 PM
I think we end up playing the Als in the Grey Cup. So no this isn't the year to end the dominance of the Argos. :)

MTL has done a great job stacking up their team mid/late season with guys like Lemon and Sankey.  Both of those we were eyeing, but MTL was the one who pulled the trigger.  They are making a legitimate run for it.  But I think Cody/Maas aren't good enough and that will be their undoing.

HAM could come out of the WSF if they play Schiltz 90% of the game.  If it was me I might bring BLM in between the 15 and 30 for EZ passing shots, but elsewhere on the field he's useless and will lose them the game.  HAM has the best cold-weather D front 7.

I don't think either team is good enough to bump off TOR, especially after getting beaten up in ESF.  But if TOR plays poorly or takes injuries, you never know.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 02, 2023, 03:55:44 AM
MTL has done a great job stacking up their team mid/late season with guys like Lemon and Sankey.  Both of those we were eyeing, but MTL was the one who pulled the trigger.  They are making a legitimate run for it.  But I think Cody/Maas aren't good enough and that will be their undoing.

HAM could come out of the WSF if they play Schiltz 90% of the game.  If it was me I might bring BLM in between the 15 and 30 for EZ passing shots, but elsewhere on the field he's useless and will lose them the game.  HAM has the best cold-weather D front 7.

I don't think either team is good enough to bump off TOR, especially after getting beaten up in ESF.  But if TOR plays poorly or takes injuries, you never know.
If I were a betting man my money is on Toronto.....I don't see either the Als or the Cats being able to knock them off.    In the West I don't see either the Stamps or Lions upsetting us and the odds of a rematch grudge match between us and the Argos are high,    However, that's why we play the games and injuries are always a factor.    Both the Argos and the Bombers have depth at most positions so we will soon see how each team emerges from the division finals.
Bomber fan for life

55StickCar

Cool Spot

Lincoln Locomotive

just got in....couldn't believe the final score!?   Wow, the Argos crapped the bed.....lots of GC tickets available for bargain basement $$s!   
Bomber fan for life

Lincoln Locomotive

Didn't really see that coming.....how many turnovers?   8 or 9??   It just shows to go ya.....the regular season means precious little in a one game sudden death playoff.     Who would have predicted Cody Fajardo would be in the Grey Cup at the beginning of the season?   He certainly played better than Kelly.....
Bomber fan for life

Tiger

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 11, 2023, 10:33:21 PM
Didn't really see that coming.....how many turnovers?   8 or 9??   It just shows to go ya.....the regular season means precious little in a one game sudden death playoff.     Who would have predicted Cody Fajardo would be in the Grey Cup at the beginning of the season?   He certainly played better than Kelly.....

Yup

Need to avenge another year
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

J5V

Go Bombers!

J5V

What a great day of football! First Montreal gifts us a defeat of Toronto and now the Bombers beat BC for their 4th trip in a row to the Grey Cup. Just a great day of football.
Go Bombers!

Bluehawk

Sorry we don't get the chance to take on the Argos.
Proud to be representing the West.
Bomber fans saved the Grey Cup game last year in Regina...hope Montreal offers a bit of support this year!
Perhaps a few greenies show up to cheer on Maas and Farjardo...lol
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

GOLDMEMBER

Might as well delete this thread and replace it with Argos mega collapse for the ages. :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 12, 2023, 01:16:13 PM
Might as well delete this thread and replace it with Argos mega collapse for the ages. :D
was thinking the same.....lol!   Montreal's D was certainly dialed in.....two pick sixes and then that 105 yard KO return that broke their backs....looks good on Toronto.    Was kind of hoping for a rematch with them though and now we get the Als instead.   Let's not underestimate them as their D played outstanding.    We will most likely play the game without our defensive QB Adam Bighill so we need to win this game for Adam who has done so much for Winnipeg since we signed him,   
Bomber fan for life

dd

Given the injuries to bighill, Bailey, Demski and Schoen , I think we are the underdogs in the grey cup. Montreal s defense with Lemon and sankey is unreal right now, I will be surprised if we beat them next week

The Zipp

Quote from: dd on November 12, 2023, 01:46:43 PM
Given the injuries to bighill, Bailey, Demski and Schoen , I think we are the underdogs in the grey cup. Montreal s defense with Lemon and sankey is unreal right now, I will be surprised if we beat them next week

Huh?

We will not be the underdog