(Unofficial) Kenny Lawler signs with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Started by Blue In BC, February 07, 2023, 02:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 08, 2023, 01:04:15 AM
Be good and stay healthy I guess. Ha.

That's the thing.  Lawler's body type and play style is very conducive to injury.  I always said he's like an upgraded Nick Moore.  But if he reins in his style to avoid injury then he won't make those circus plays.  Look at the play that got him injured in EDM.

It's a tough thing to sit there and "Collarosize" him in terms of our worry level after each hit.  Will we all be holding our breaths each time he gets whacked in the air making tough catches.  That's a lot of dough to be flying in the air with breakable bones...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Someone (OP or mod) should update the thread subject to reflect he's (almost sorta kinda) signed.  Some people might not even click the thread thinking it's impossible we'll get him.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Darren Cameron
@Darren_Cameron
30m
Just FaceTimed with Kenny. Over multiple conversations the last few days, the smile on his face today says it all. He?s coming home. #ForTheW
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 08, 2023, 01:25:31 AM
Someone (OP or mod) should update the thread subject to reflect he's (almost sorta kinda) signed.  Some people might not even click the thread thinking it's impossible we'll get him.

Done.  The "Unofficial" will be removed once Free Agency starts and Lawler is announced as signed by the Bombers.

https://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=54785.0

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Bomber Diehard on February 07, 2023, 11:50:03 PM
Loaded at receivers- now a Field Goal kicker
Disagree imo we got a good one with the right passport, a strong leg and a bright future

Patience grasshopper ;)

ModAdmin

Quote from: pjrocksmb on February 08, 2023, 02:45:14 AM
Nah we got a good one with the right passport, a strong leg and a bright future

Patience grasshopper ;)

Certainly the right passport.  But "a good one" with "a bright future"  has to be proven.  Wishing Liegghio well and success but
from my perspective, the jury is still out.

Go Big Blue

"Wow". The Lawler offer has really solidified the receiving corps big time and is a nice early Valentines Day present for ZC. Once it is made official it confirms that the BB should be in great shape in November.
The "Selkirk Milkman" Cec Luning's "Moo Cow" Cream Play of the 107th Grey Cup - #3 Thiadric Hansen: One hit takes out two Tiger Cats.

DM83

If you think Leggio is a good choice as a field goal/ place kicker you have no credibility. He lost the last gray. Cup  for us twice.
Leggio is the worst kicker in the league.

Sec223

Quote from: DM83 on February 08, 2023, 03:39:06 AM
If you think Leggio is a good choice as a field goal/ place kicker you have no credibility. He lost the last gray. Cup  for us twice.

Speaking of no credibility LOL The O-line played like crap and the D was out played. ZC was still injured. Leggs was not alone in blame for the loss but yes he could have covered a lot of errors in that game and not just his. Sitting in that dam green stadium it was like watching a nightmare.

Jesse

One play doesn't win or lose a game.

He was better in year 2 than he was in year 1. It would be very uncharacteristic of this regime to move on from a player with positive progression.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Sec232, I could only imagine, the horror of watchin Leggio, Take defeat from the jaws of victory.  He could have simply won the game.
Sorry his only job is to perform a couple times a game, and he can?t put forth the proper effort when called upon.
Simply put, he can not perform at a professional level.

Get someone else.  If he is so loved, give him a marketing job, selling seasons tickets..  he can?t put the ball through the uprights on a regular basis. We all know this! So what are they waiting for? Cut the ?misser?

Bomber Diehard

Lawler is a nice signing from Edmonton but I would have preferred that they signed Sergio.
No one better than Sergio for Field goals .

blue_gold_84

What's a Gray Cup? :D

That loss in late November didn't hinge on a single play.

Anyway, back on topic. I am absolutely pumped to see Lawler back in blue and gold!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

Contract was higher than I would have liked but very happy to see him return to the Bombers.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

Love Lawler but I guess I just don?t get the money. He had one good season. It earned him an obscene amount and didn?t work out due to major injury. Not sure how that entitles one to 300K. Gotta think there?s going to be a major economics readjustment with the apparent new TV deal resulting in what I would assume to be a big cap increase?

Don?t get me wrong- I have no doubt Lawler will shine with Zac throwing him the ball but I?m just a bit baffled by the bargaining power in this deal. I guess the market rate was clear that Lawler is in the 250+ club based on the eye test.

Very excited about our receiving corps now after these signings. We didn?t have anyone last week lol.
#Ride?