Blue Bombers Forum
August 08, 2020, 01:41:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A truly inspiring game  (Read 3196 times)
Blitzer

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 01:41:36 AM »

Some of the losses in the last 1/3 of the season were demoralizing, but in many ways, it's better to make those mistakes now and learn from them and then come on strong at the end of the season. Some of our losses were pretty close; last week, the LDC, the other game where we lost by a point (and where Medlock ironically missed the first convert that he'd missed in a long time). Collaros played it smart; ran out the clock, moved the ball smartly down the field.

I agree. They've faced a lot of adversity this year. I think it will make them a better team. Like you say better to make mistakes now. I think the Bombers have the players they need to win it. They have to execute.
 I think they feel they could definitely win the Grey Cup with Collaros. They'll probably really be motivated now. One of the guys on the TSN broadcast said with Collaros and Streveler the Bombers are like a 2 headed monster now.  Grin
dd

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2019, 03:24:02 AM »

I think the play of Collaros has everyone in the bomber locker room stoked, it is definitely possible to win the Grey Cup with this group of players, even on the road. And you don?t think Collaros wants to shut a bunch of critics and former teams that gave up on him/traded him??  He can go in and knock off the riders in the semi, smug BLM and whining Dave dickenson and prevent the home town team from playing in the big game, and  then beat the ticats in the grey cup, that script is too good!!!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2019, 06:42:32 AM »

When the Bombers got the ball back with less than two minutes to go last night, I felt like they could drive down the field and win the game, and I wasn't even all that nervous about it.

I haven't had that feeling about the Bombers since the days of Khari Jones/Milt Stegall/Charles Roberts/Mike Sellers.

I like that feeling.
Strange thing....but so did I.....we got decent field position but we still had to drive the field to at least their 40 and then Harris rips off 15 yards when we really needed it.    It was 3 down football for sure and we ran out the clock on them giving BLM no chance for one of his miracle comebacks.    We controlled the clock and the field and Money worked his toe magic for the W as the clock ran down to 0 seconds.   It was a thing of beauty and masterfully executed!   As much as it was Zach receiving most of the accolades it was a team victory in the end and we had a QB who answered the bell in the 12th round

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 06:44:20 AM »

Calgary is indeed full of whiners.. the biggest one is Dickenson.
longtimeblue

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »

The formula is that if you have an elite QB, you have a chance to win. Whatever happens going forward, Collaros has the talent to be elite. I did not pay much attention to him before. I thought he was a flash in the pan. But, the man has some talent.
bomb squad

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 01:45:15 PM »

Strange thing....but so did I.....we got decent field position but we still had to drive the field to at least their 40 and then Harris rips off 15 yards when we really needed it.    It was 3 down football for sure and we ran out the clock on them giving BLM no chance for one of his miracle comebacks.    We controlled the clock and the field and Money worked his toe magic for the W as the clock ran down to 0 seconds.   It was a thing of beauty and masterfully executed!   As much as it was Zach receiving most of the accolades it was a team victory in the end and we had a QB who answered the bell in the 12th round

It was a team victory for sure. I'd like to give a shout out to McGuire though as well. He was a beast on our 3rd down gambles, filling in real nicely for Streveler. He also made a great play to bring down and hold the high snap for the final field goal. Showed great presence of mind in a pressure situation.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 04:54:24 PM by bomb squad » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2019, 03:37:31 PM »

Mcquire look very composed. Even on the 2nd. and short when he threw that pass. He also has a very strong arm.
bluebeard

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 04:27:01 PM »

I'm beginning of thinking of Mcquire as our future starting QB.  Seems to have a good arm and some running ability.  Bringing him around slowly will play huge dividends, not like throwing Strev to the wolves before he is ready.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 05:37:41 PM »

I'm beginning of thinking of Mcquire as our future starting QB.  Seems to have a good arm and some running ability.  Bringing him around slowly will play huge dividends, not like throwing Strev to the wolves before he is ready.
I like this idea as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2019, 06:13:42 PM »

I'd like to see more of McGuire. From the little that we've seen it looks like he can run and pass. Please Bombers if we're only going to be allowed to dress 2 QBs next year find a way to keep him. BTW I hate this rule more and more everyday.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2019, 06:51:43 PM »

I'd like to see more of McGuire. From the little that we've seen it looks like he can run and pass. Please Bombers if we're only going to be allowed to dress 2 QBs next year find a way to keep him. BTW I hate this rule more and more everyday.
I believe he is under contract still?

blue girl

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2019, 07:00:50 PM »

I believe he is under contract still?
I'm pretty sure that being a first year player he would have signed a 2 year contract.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2019, 08:11:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure that being a first year player he would have signed a 2 year contract.
CFL "contracts" being what they are I'm wondering if we can bank our #2 QB hopes on a such small sample size?   Remember how many of us believed Streveler had the IT factor only to realize that he is one dimensional and may or may not develop into a fully rounded QB.   What we saw from Collaros on Friday was the best quarter backing we have witnessed as Bomber fans in a decade or more.    Given the fact that he had two weeks of exposure to our offensive schemes and only a couple of practices is even more impressive!   Was this a one time fluke or is it indicative of his potential to be even better?   I'm hoping he proves to Bomber brass, teammates, fans and the entire CFL entourage that this wasn't just a flash in the pan and that he can sustain this type of game winning play into the post season and even beyond!   

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2019, 08:18:19 PM »

Awesome thread, awesome game and yes it slows down the blow up everything whining for a week LOL.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2019, 08:33:37 PM »

Love the bobblehead pose by Harris after his big late game run. Classic.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: