Blue Bombers Forum
September 15, 2019, 04:05:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Matthews released by the Bombers - signed by Als  (Read 5797 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2019, 02:59:52 AM »

Seriously....Huh
Since IT was legalized"sleepy" Matthews, has nt broke a sweat or passed jogging speed.
I wonder if he gets off the PR before being released.
Ppppffffttt!
good point he could very well be enjoying the erb. As I stated earlier do not get stabbed at some club on St Catherines, lol.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2019, 05:14:22 AM »

Matthews will know our receivers though and likely has a big a$$ chip on his shoulder!   Should be interesting.   I'm expecting a very tough game from them!

I'm with DM and Goldie: I don't think CM gives two turds.  WPG, meh.  MTL, meh.  It's all meh.  Apathy is his mantra, from what we've seen.  He was the same in CGY.  Maybe that's also why the NFL teams always dropped him too.  Such a shame, with his size and talent, gone to waste.  Maybe he has depression or some other legit thing, who knows.  I don't hold it against the guy.

Ppppffffttt!

That's my line!!  But yes, if anything deserves a pffffft, it's this situation.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2019, 08:46:36 PM »

It makes total sense. Jackson went from a 1200+ yd season in Ottawa, signed as a big $$ FA, only to have a 700 yd season in 2017 followed up by a 600 yd season in 2018. So signed for big bucks but no big production. 

Is "Action" Jackson still even in the league this year?
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2019, 09:36:36 PM »

It makes total sense. Jackson went from a 1200+ yd season in Ottawa, signed as a big $$ FA, only to have a 700 yd season in 2017 followed up by a 600 yd season in 2018. So signed for big bucks but no big production. 

No, it doesn't. You forgot the part where the Als didn't have a competent QB in either 2017 or 2018.

Seriously....Huh
Since IT was legalized"sleepy" Matthews, has nt broke a sweat or passed jogging speed.
I wonder if he gets off the PR before being released.
Ppppffffttt!

Dumb comment, although hardly a surprising when one considers the source. Cannabis was legalized nearly a year ago, anyway. Was anyone crapping on his production with the Stampeders after it was legalized?

Amazing how many posters turn on players the minute they falter. In this case, a receiver battling injuries and not producing on an offense with one of the crappiest passing games in the league.

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2019, 11:08:17 PM »

I'm with DM and Goldie: I don't think CM gives two turds.  WPG, meh.  MTL, meh.  It's all meh.  Apathy is his mantra, from what we've seen.  He was the same in CGY.  Maybe that's also why the NFL teams always dropped him too.  Such a shame, with his size and talent, gone to waste.  Maybe he has depression or some other legit thing, who knows.  I don't hold it against the guy.

I think that he just doesn't apply himself for a good portion of the time, and the flashes of where he applies himself, he can do great things, and that's why teams still take chances on him. He kind of reminds me of Greg Carr.....good size and skills, but consistently applying himself in games is the knock against him.

Then there's also the possibility that they're skilled at football, but they don't necessarily really like to play it anymore, where they've been doing it so long where it's the only thing that they know, but they're not into it anymore. Kinda like a job where we've had where we need the money to pay bills, but we don't like being there anymore.
theaardvark

« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2019, 11:13:35 PM »

I guess we will see if he has done anything in Montreal to get him onto the AR.  Bray, Posey and Lewis are legit... Wieneke not as much... surely he can supplant one of them... if he still has it.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo

« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2019, 11:20:49 PM »

I guess we will see if he has done anything in Montreal to get him onto the AR.  Bray, Posey and Lewis are legit... Wieneke not as much... surely he can supplant one of them... if he still has it.
Looks like he was added to the active roster today.

dd

« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2019, 01:17:48 AM »

Who knows, who cares?? He hasn?t done anything of note for 3 seasons, total bust FA mega buck signing.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #233 on: September 11, 2019, 01:46:21 PM »

Looks like he was added to the active roster today.

Good for him. I'm intrigued to see how he fits into that offense.

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
kkc60

« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2019, 05:00:22 PM »

Who?
blue_or_die

« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2019, 05:19:27 PM »

Who?

Ernest Jackson
Stretch

« Reply #236 on: September 11, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »

Ernest Jackson

Released by the Als in May.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
DM83

« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2019, 04:39:57 AM »

Really? Is he old?  He was good!  Emphasis on "was"
Glad Matthews will play.  Maybe he will start being the reputed star he was supposed to be!

I like Adams Jr and Kharis offence.

Wouldn't that be. Something If it's the ALS and Bombers in the Cup?!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2019, 05:19:17 AM »

Wouldn't that be. Something If it's the ALS and Bombers in the Cup?!

Hah!  I never even thought about that as a possibility.  I suppose it could happen.  I'd have to think it's 1 in a million though.

If it is WPGvMTL in the GC, that means we just beat CGY in the WF and any team that does that will breeze through any east team the GC has to offer.

I'll take that any day of the week!
BlueInCgy

« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »

Hah!  I never even thought about that as a possibility.  I suppose it could happen.  I'd have to think it's 1 in a million though.

If it is WPGvMTL in the GC, that means we just beat CGY in the WF and any team that does that will breeze through any east team the GC has to offer.

I'll take that any day of the week!

No, a WPG MTL Grey Cup has 2001 redux written all over it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  

Jump to: