Blue Bombers Forum
June 05, 2020, 03:07:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games  (Read 15657 times)
GCn19

« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2019, 11:49:05 AM »

He was found with trace amounts 10 days after a completely clean test. I just don't see that as possible. I got a buddy who is a roid freak and he tells me D-bol is taken in large doses and he agrees that this was most likely from random supplement use.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
1chad

« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2019, 11:58:04 AM »

He was found with trace amounts 10 days after a completely clean test. I just don't see that as possible. I got a buddy who is a roid freak and he tells me D-bol is taken in large doses and he agrees that this was most likely from random supplement use.

agreed
Ridermania

« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2019, 12:02:50 PM »

Roughriders linebacker Solomon Elimimian reached out to Andrew Harris on Tuesday, a day after the news came out about the suspension.

Elimimian spent six seasons with Harris as members of the B.C. Lions from 2010 to 2015.

I just told him to keep his head up because it's devastating, Elimimian said. Everything he has done in this league, to have it questioned is something he has to deal with.

I tend to agree with Andrew and I support him because I've been his teammate for many years and I've seen how hard he works. I believe he wouldn't have done it intentionally.

Elimimian is also the second vice-president of the CFL Players Association. He said this is a good reminder for the players that they need to always ensure what they are taking doesn't include a banned substance.

Just because it's over the counter, it doesn't mean that it might necessarily be safe in our sport, Elimimian said.

https://www.cjme.com/2019/08/28/roughriders-react-to-blue-bombers-harris-suspension/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:04:47 PM by Ridermania » Logged
booch

« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2019, 12:11:57 PM »

Exactly....and it has to be taken daily...and be saturated in your system...it's an oral drug that you don't just take one day here....few days later pop a bit more..need a boost in a week..take a days dose..not how it works...you need it to be in your system fully....its half life is about 6-8 hours to lose half it's potency...so its a drug you split your dose throughout the day so you don't have minimal amounts in the system...let alone trace amounts...a smart unbiased educated person would see it doesn't add up...especially that steroid or what it does for you
TecnoGenius

« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2019, 01:52:48 PM »

Roughriders linebacker Solomon Elimimian reached out to Andrew Harris on Tuesday, a day after the news came out about the suspension.

Class act, Solly.  Thanks for that Ridermania!  Does Buono breed class?  I'm trying to think of a single BC Lion from, say, the 2013-2018 modern-Buono era that was uncouth like, say, JWJ or H.Muamba.

It all makes sense now: MOS/KW hire so many ex-Lions because Buono trains them up nice and good!  Both on-field and off-field.

Maybe Solly supporting AH33 will get some of the Rider Fans off his back, especially at the next 2 games (TSN signs...).  I won't hold my breath, though.

Never go full Rider!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2019, 01:56:54 PM »

Exactly....and it has to be taken daily...and be saturated in your system...it's an oral drug that you don't just take one day here....few days later pop a bit more..need a boost in a week..take a days dose..not how it works...you need it to be in your system fully....its half life is about 6-8 hours to lose half it's potency...so its a drug you split your dose throughout the day so you don't have minimal amounts in the system...let alone trace amounts...a smart unbiased educated person would see it doesn't add up...especially that steroid or what it does for you

league policy doesn't require you to use the substance appropriately, or how it should be used in order to be effective, to be considered a failing test result... it's black or white, either it's in your system or its not...

now if we're using that information in order to influence public opinion, then it's relevant... but, if you're saying that the league should reconsider the suspension based upon it, well that's a whole other deal... because if you're going to have a league determine your innocence or guilt based upon a test result you might as well quit testing people... at that point you are moving from a process that is firm, fair, and consistent to follow and enforce to a place where someone gets to inject their opinion when the test results may or may not support the opinion... because if you're going to, what will keep the league from suspending someone even if the test is clean?

as of now, the test results are the process, not part of the process...

EDIT: and this has nothing to do with Harris' situation and whether or not he intentionally took a banned substance... just speaking to how the league acts in accordance to their own policy...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:59:06 PM by 66 Chevelle » Logged

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
GCn19

« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »

I have no problem with the Harris suspension. He is ultimately responsible for D-bol being in his system. However, the point Booch, and many of us, are trying to make is that the logic and the facts seem to confirm AH's story. In that case, this is an unfortunate accident.

This isn't a case like Thigpen last year who was found with enough anabolics in his system that they wondered how his liver wasn't shot.

bomb squad

« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »

I have no problem with the Harris suspension. He is ultimately responsible for D-bol being in his system. However, the point Booch, and many of us, are trying to make is that the logic and the facts seem to confirm AH's story. In that case, this is an unfortunate accident.

This isn't a case like Thigpen last year who was found with enough anabolics in his system that they wondered how his liver wasn't shot.

For what it's worth, and I think it is worth a lot being that he admitted to using the steroids, Thigpen says he believes AH's story.

On another note, Thigpen is also something to keep in mind for the fans that are venturing to Regina this weekend in case they get any razzing from the Rider fans about Harris.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »

fair enough and I agree with what you're saying... but I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the population doesn't know what a banned substance is or how it is used, myself being one of them... when you get people discussing it's use and why it's used it comes off as someone defending their use... don't take that the wrong way, its just that I'm ignorant in regards to banned substances and their use so I have no clue as to what your if what you are telling me is the truth or no, I don't even know you...

for me, the big thing, the thing that was the determining factor in my personal opinion on the matter was what he did after the suspension... Harris did something that I don't recall anyone else ever doing when they failed a drug test like this... he put himself in front of the media and answered open questions regarding his situation... in the past others may have 'addressed' the media by simply standing in front of a podium and reading a prepared statement... that's a pretty safe and easy way to try and get forgiveness and get your side of the story out there...

What Andrew did was completely different and something I thing people should consider... sure, he said that he didn't intentionally take the banned substance but he also said that he would willingly take the punishment for doing so because that was the rule... he showed support of the league and the rule by doing so and wasn't lobbying for an exception to the rule or why he shouldn't be punished... but he wanted to let the people that he cared about hear his story straight from his mouth and was willing to subject himself to the 'open' questions of the media to do so...

guilty people rarely put themselves in a position such as this, to be in front of the general public and be asked any question and be prepared to answer them while it was being recorded... it goes back to one of my favorite sayings, 'those that have nothing to hide, hide nothing' and for me this was a prime example of that... guilty people want to get their story, or excuse, out to the public but you don't see them willing to do a press conference and allow the media to ask you any question they want... Andrew Harris was willing to do that because he felt he had nothing to hide...

he wasn't looking for leniency, he wasn't asking for the league to make an exception, he was saying it was a conspiracy or that the results were wrong...  he was/is willing to accept the findings and the punishment and show support of the league, but, he wanted to let the people he cared about, the club, his team mates, fans, family, and friends that he didn't do it intentionally... and in order to do so he was willing to let those looking to find a story asked him anything they wanted to as he was able and willing to answer whatever they asked because he had nothing to hide...

I really don't care what Rider fans think, I don't know any of them and their opinion effects me in no way... finding pleasure at the expense of others isn't an attribute I find in the people who's opinion I do care about...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2019, 03:25:37 PM »

This isn't just a CFL issue either - Taylor Lewan is missing 4 games and probably millions of dollars in bonuses and he went so far as to take a polygraph to show that he didn't know he was taking a banned substance.  He passed...last I heard he was getting his supplements tested but that takes time and $$ and won't get him his 4 games back, he just wants to clear his name. 
1chad

« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2019, 03:35:33 PM »

fair enough and I agree with what you're saying... but I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the population doesn't know what a banned substance is or how it is used, myself being one of them... when you get people discussing it's use and why it's used it comes off as someone defending their use... don't take that the wrong way, its just that I'm ignorant in regards to banned substances and their use so I have no clue as to what your if what you are telling me is the truth or no, I don't even know you...

for me, the big thing, the thing that was the determining factor in my personal opinion on the matter was what he did after the suspension... Harris did something that I don't recall anyone else ever doing when they failed a drug test like this... he put himself in front of the media and answered open questions regarding his situation... in the past others may have 'addressed' the media by simply standing in front of a podium and reading a prepared statement... that's a pretty safe and easy way to try and get forgiveness and get your side of the story out there...

What Andrew did was completely different and something I thing people should consider... sure, he said that he didn't intentionally take the banned substance but he also said that he would willingly take the punishment for doing so because that was the rule... he showed support of the league and the rule by doing so and wasn't lobbying for an exception to the rule or why he shouldn't be punished... but he wanted to let the people that he cared about hear his story straight from his mouth and was willing to subject himself to the 'open' questions of the media to do so...

guilty people rarely put themselves in a position such as this, to be in front of the general public and be asked any question and be prepared to answer them while it was being recorded... it goes back to one of my favorite sayings, 'those that have nothing to hide, hide nothing' and for me this was a prime example of that... guilty people want to get their story, or excuse, out to the public but you don't see them willing to do a press conference and allow the media to ask you any question they want... Andrew Harris was willing to do that because he felt he had nothing to hide...

he wasn't looking for leniency, he wasn't asking for the league to make an exception, he was saying it was a conspiracy or that the results were wrong...  he was/is willing to accept the findings and the punishment and show support of the league, but, he wanted to let the people he cared about, the club, his team mates, fans, family, and friends that he didn't do it intentionally... and in order to do so he was willing to let those looking to find a story asked him anything they wanted to as he was able and willing to answer whatever they asked because he had nothing to hide...

I really don't care what Rider fans think, I don't know any of them and their opinion effects me in no way... finding pleasure at the expense of others isn't an attribute I find in the people who's opinion I do care about...

good post.
GCn19

« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2019, 03:51:18 PM »

Well said.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #297 on: August 29, 2019, 04:07:35 PM »

very good post....I agree 100%

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
rubanski

« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »

Good post Chevy.

Anyone listen to Rod Pedersen on the BigShow today? Guy is a total clown.

Starts off saying "I want to, I mean I really want to believe Harris", then goes on a rant how a few CFL insiders (so basically mike abou-mechrek) have told him doping and cheating is a part of football, and implies therefore he doesn't believe Harris.

Harris' defense and explanation are very logical. The amount of CFL players supporting him is substantial. It's not logical at this point to assume he's a cheater.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2019, 04:50:52 PM »

Well, in Pedersen's defense, he is an idiot. How he continues to get time on TSN1290 speaks to what a turd pile that radio station is.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
  Print  

Jump to: