Blue Bombers Forum
December 19, 2018, 01:33:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jonathon Rose Suspended  (Read 2361 times)
Ridermania

« on: November 20, 2018, 02:24:07 PM »

http://3downnation.com/2018/11/20/cfl-suspends-redblacks-db-jonathon-rose-grey-cup/

Jonathon Rose suspended for the Grey Cup, he will most likely appeal the suspension so he can play on Sunday.
TBURGESS

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 02:26:04 PM »

Good. He deserves it.

Being right never gets old.
Tehedra

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 02:30:33 PM »

He does deserve it.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 02:31:25 PM »

Good. He deserves it.

Agreed. That a was sickening display and he does not deserve to play in the big game.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Norm W

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:35:17 PM »

But due process, which is built into the current CBA will provide the loophole that will allow him to play in the big game.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 03:03:15 PM »

Guess you can't truck stick a referee in the CFL. That's too bad. I thought it was exciting and would probably keep the penalties down if the refs knew there was a chance they'd get laid out after a bad call.
GCn18

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:04:53 PM »

It was one of the stupidest things I've seen on a CFL field. Right up there with when the Argos had a team brawl on their sidelines.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue newt

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »

Would an appeal even be resolved by Sunday?  And what grounds would he have to win it?  The video footage is pretty clear that not only did he push the official, but that it was intentional (ie, he wasn't swinging for another player and swiped an unseen official instead, the ref was clearly in his line of sight while he shoved him).

Blue In BC

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 03:53:04 PM »

I can't believe he'd win an appeal. The suspension should be upheld IMO. The new CBA needs to address the " appeal " aspect of suspensions so that process can be done but done quickly, not weeks later.

While the suspension is in force ( pending appeal ) he isn't allowed to practice as far as I know. Whether that is a critical aspect of who the Redblacks game plan around is an interesting question.

No more excuses.
TrueBlue4Life

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 04:22:59 PM »

Guess you can't truck stick a referee in the CFL. That's too bad. I thought it was exciting and would probably keep the penalties down if the refs knew there was a chance they'd get laid out after a bad call.
In terms of refs and bad calls, I still think that the coach's challenge should be modified. If a coach challenges a call and it's ruled in his favour, then he should get to keep the challenge for use later in the game. Why should a coach lose his challenge due to a bad call by the refs? In effect, the coach is getting punished for correcting a bad call.
Knocker42

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »

In terms of refs and bad calls, I still think that the coach's challenge should be modified. If a coach challenges a call and it's ruled in his favour, then he should get to keep the challenge for use later in the game. Why should a coach lose his challenge due to a bad call by the refs? In effect, the coach is getting punished for correcting a bad call.
Absolutely.  I know they made the change because there were too many challenges but your point is well taken.  The team should not be punished because of a correctable call.  Retain the challenge every time the ruling favours the challenge.
TBURGESS

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 04:50:01 PM »

I disagree. Using your challenge to fix a bad call isn't wasting it. Bad or no calls are the exact reason that challenges were brought in in the first place. Giving coaches one more challenge if they're right, just means more challenges being made.

Being right never gets old.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 04:54:01 PM »

I think the only modification worth exploring would be allowing a coach to keep his challenge for one additional change if he wins the first one. But that's it.

Two max.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Knocker42

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 04:54:58 PM »

More justified challenges would not be a bad thing.  They would never have more than one and thus would not use it in an iffy situation. Correcting officials' errors cannot be bad!
Norm W

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 05:16:01 PM »

I can't believe he'd win an appeal. The suspension should be upheld IMO. The new CBA needs to address the " appeal " aspect of suspensions so that process can be done but done quickly, not weeks later.

While the suspension is in force ( pending appeal ) he isn't allowed to practice as far as I know. Whether that is a critical aspect of who the Redblacks game plan around is an interesting question.

At this stage you appeal, it's not about winning the appeal. While the appeal is pending you are "made whole" i.e. You can practice and play... otherwise you are being summarily punished before your day in court.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: