Woli's The Fire

Started by TecnoGenius, June 22, 2024, 10:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Woli's the new fire.  He showed signs of it in weeks 1 & 2.  He solidified it tonight with his near-TD can't-bring-me-down romp, and subsequent fiery demeanor.

We were wondering who would take up the mantle from Bailey & Yoshi.  Ya, well, it's Woli.  He's the one.

And I have proof.  I get to the field reeeeal early.  I watched carefully with the binocs and when it came time to do the O/team pep talk it was Woli.  And he gets fired up!

He's stepped up, give him the reins.  He's exactly what we need!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Oh ya, add in Strev to that.  But he's more fire-on-the-field than fire-pep-talk.
Never go full Rider!

BomberFan73

I think a healthy Brady does that too.
What was that one play, near the BC EZ, where the Lion DB wraps him up and well after the whistle is holding on to him to not let him do his pump up thing.
But yes, nice to see Woli have a great game.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 22, 2024, 01:17:14 PMI think a healthy Brady does that too.
What was that one play, near the BC EZ, where the Lion DB wraps him up and well after the whistle is holding on to him to not let him do his pump up thing.
But yes, nice to see Woli have a great game.

I did a post in the GDT on that.  They were trying to hurt him.  5s of holding after the play with no pile should be OC or UR on-field and a fine on Wednesday.  It was disgusting, just like the Strev ankle-twist in the other game.  League needs to clamp down on this.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Ya, I don't know what's up with this weaselly ankle twisting, for sure its a misconduct penalty , but to me, its an intent to injure, so that's 25 yd RP call....but they're calling nothing, which is embarassing because everyone can see what's going on except the refs!!!

TecnoGenius

I think the refs need to be told that someone has to watch the ball carrier even after the whistle.  Until the carrier is up and away from the crowd, they should be monitored for shenanigans, to protect them.

If a ref was tasked with watching Brady on the turf they would have easily seen the bad behavior.

I guess no fine for that clown who was twisting Strevie that other week?  Shameful.
Never go full Rider!

BomberFan73

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 23, 2024, 02:17:47 AMI think the refs need to be told that someone has to watch the ball carrier even after the whistle.  Until the carrier is up and away from the crowd, they should be monitored for shenanigans, to protect them.

If a ref was tasked with watching Brady on the turf they would have easily seen the bad behavior.

I guess no fine for that clown who was twisting Strevie that other week?  Shameful.

Stubblefield did get fined for that ankle twist.
I still think this one was not an intent to injure, but rather an intent to stop him from celebrating.  Oliveira often gets up and pumps up the team & the fans after a big run like that. Peters was holding on, but not twisting, to stop him from getting up.