Hansen

Started by Blue In BC, Today at 05:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did you feel he had an impressive game overall.

Yes
1 (14.3%)
No
3 (42.9%)
Only saw one good play on 3rd and short
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closes: October 13, 2026, 05:17:15 PM

Blue In BC

It's always hard to see performance on ST's for any player.  I only saw the one play. Maybe I should have used grades for what posters felt about his performance.

A simple yes or no might suffice. Some elaboration / specific views that can be supported?

Player grade. Unknown.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

Player grade B+

Sir Blue and Gold

#2
We gave up 37 points, 548 net yards of offense, 36 first downs and over 40 minutes in time of possession.

Alexander went 30/40 for 440 yards.
Philpot had 207 yards receiving.

We didn't get a defensive stop until almost halftime.

Hansen made a great play on third and short. Once. Who cares?

And while I'm on a rant, this debate is absurd and this trend of starting polls to prove yourself right in discussions from other threads is stupid. We're going to have 45 polls started by 2 people convincing themselves how right they are at any given time. Can I start a poll on how dumb that is?

Blue In BC

#3
Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on Today at 07:50:03 PMWe gave up 37 points, 548 net yards of offense, 36 first downs and over 40 minutes in time of possession.

Alexander went 30/40 for 440 yards.
Philpot had 207 yards receiving.

We didn't get a defensive stop until almost halftime.

Hansen made a great play on third and short. Once. Who cares?

And while I'm on a rant, this debate is absurd and this trend of starting polls to prove yourself right in discussions from other threads is stupid. We're going to have 45 polls started by 2 people convincing themselves how right they are at any given time. Can I start a poll on how dumb that is?

That's not accurate at all. One poster was positive he played well. I said I didn't see anything one way or the other to claim he had either a good or a bad game. In that sense I have nothing to prove.  I simply asked what that was based on that was seen.

A simple answer might have been I saw him flatten the gunner on our 1st two punt returns if that was seen.

That's no different than debating whether D. Brown had a good or bad game. The variables whether play calling, OL blocking or just lack of TOP come into that discussion.

We've already had significant debate whether Brown is the answer going forward after every game. All year we discussed whether we should be starting a 3rd import receiver. It's a debate based on a combination of opinions supported by examples of good plays or bad plays actually seen.

The week has had significant discussion ( including a poll ) on whether we think we could or should trade Brady. That's not a prove one side right or wrong but seeking an opinion with reasoning one way or another.

It's a simple test to see what the majority thinks about possible changes or an evaluation of the performance of players or coaches.

Nothing new about that.

One game at a time

Jesse

I gotta say, I also think these yes/no polls to settle a topic are pretty dumb and I never vote in them.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

#5
I like all polls, I found them informative and they often bring a good specific debate.  Some don't like them and I think some are a little harsh here as BnBC was curious on this topic.  If you don't like the poll, you don't have to vote and you certainly don't have to trash it.  I am curious on what folks seen in Hansen's 1st game back, commenting on fringe players contribution is a great part of this forum and a good way to get informed especially when attending games in person where you don't always get the dets.

If you don't like yes no then put your player grade in.

Polls are not about being right, its about getting the groups opinion.

I don't believe folks should discourage any posts, polls, etc. as long as it follows the rules, this place is awesome because everyone has a voice and there isn't a right or wrong way to post on here, diversity is king.

TLB and I were impressed by Hansen.  BnBC needed proof and wasn't so sure.  More info is appreciated.
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 08:33:26 PMThat's not accurate at all. One poster was positive he played well. I said I didn't see anything one way or the other to claim he had either a good or a bad game. In that sense I have nothing to prove.  I simply asked what that was based on that was seen.

A simple answer might have been I saw him flatten the gunner on our 1st two punt returns if that was seen.

That's no different than debating whether D. Brown had a good or bad game. The variables whether play calling, OL blocking or just lack of TOP come into that discussion.

We've already had significant debate whether Brown is the answer going forward after every game. All year we discussed whether we should be starting a 3rd import receiver. It's a debate based on a combination of opinions supported by examples of good plays or bad plays actually seen.

The week has had significant discussion ( including a poll ) on whether we think we could or should trade Brady. That's not a prove one side right or wrong but seeking an opinion with reasoning one way or another.

It's a simple test to see what the majority thinks about possible changes or an evaluation of the performance of players or coaches.

Nothing new about that.


Well said, well written agree most

I was surprised some voted to trade Brady, didn't expect that or though maybe one or two.  Polls are neat because of that.  They can inform and surprise.  This one doesn't have enough responses to make any concussions (yet).  Some polls are popular and others fizzles.  There is an art to a good poll and I have learned to try to make them better by listening what folks wanted for voting options and sometimes I adjust them as I go as needed.

All this poll talk makes me want make a poll asking if people like polls lol or what kind lol