Trade Brady?

Started by Blueforlife, October 05, 2026, 11:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Yes
2 (22.2%)
No
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Blueforlife


Blue In BC

#1
Well if Montreal offers us Alexander or Philpot then yes. Any trade always depends on what the return will be.

I voted no on the probability no team will trade for a RB earning $300K and having to give up an equivalent top player as well.

One game at a time

Waffler

I am not going to vote because I think this is an off-season question. Evaluate everything at that point. This is just one possibility of many and I think we are going to need surgery not a bandaid.
"Don't cry and don't rage. Understand." ― Spinoza
__________________________________________________
Everything seems stupid when it fails.  - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Blue In BC

Quote from: Waffler on Today at 01:51:04 PMI am not going to vote because I think this is an off-season question. Evaluate everything at that point. This is just one possibility of many and I think we are going to need surgery not a bandaid.

True enough. We need to see how this season plays out.

In theory we can still make the play offs and even end up in the Grey Cup.

At the moment our best shot is as a crossover team. Winning / doing well has an impact on any perceived need to change.
One game at a time

Sir Blue and Gold

#4
I don't love trading assets until we've got someone better or equivalent on the roster. I do think we'd be a better team if we found a good cheap running back from the US because it's a fairly easy position to recruit for and use the cost savings to improve the line of scrimmage on both sides. It would be also be nice to do some outside zone running schemes which is something we haven't been able to do since before Harris. It would help. We don't stretch the defense horizontally very often and it's mostly because Brady can't.

TBURGESS

Brady is way overpaid, but you can't blame him for that. He is the top back in the league, even though we ignore him for big parts of games when we get behind. I'd love for him to get paid less, but that's not happening, so we deal with the SMS hit and keep him. Trading him would just make us worse, and we are already likely to miss the playoffs. 
Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.